Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Madrid and Chelsea get good prices for their players because they have no qualms about letting a player they don't want rot on their bench for all eternity. Perfect example, Kaka.

When you're perfectly fine with letting your expensive signing rot on the bench because he's not playing well, and just going out and buying another expensive signing instead, you can afford to wait for people to bring offers to you, not go out to find offers from others.

This is the difference.

With all that Barcelona spends, Chelsea and Madrid spend double that. They can very much afford to let blockbuster players rot if they so see fit.

All big clubs get good prices for their players compared to us. Madrid and Chelsea were just examples.

Kaka isnt a good example as they tried to sell him but no one wanted to pay his wages. He was their Winston Bogarde. Look him up.

Barcelona has spent far more than Chelsea in the last few years.

K

Kobe Bean Bryant

So they got 50m for Robinho in todays money and they needed to get rid after his flop year, and he wanted out. Luiz would have happily stayed even though the manager disliked him? Yet, Alexis needs to be sold for 20m or else he will create a mess? I mean, we can come up with excuses for everything, but at the end of the day, no club comes close to the business deals we do. If Albiol had played for us, we would have released him on a free transfer, while Robinho would have went for 20m max and we would have argued it was a great price for an unwanted player.

Lol so true this club is a joke at transfers.

NeyMesSis

Supply and demand.
We want 40M for him.
Interested teams are willing to pay only 20M.

What can you do?
a) not sell him for 20M, and keep him in your team, but that could be a problem if you are not satisfied with him, or you cannot find a right position in the team for him
b) sell him for 20M and buy some other players for whom you think that they can fit your team better

Look, it would be awesome to sell him for 40M.
But teams are willing to pay only 20M for him, and it seems that we need money for different players and that we are looking for different type of players than Alexis. The same is with Fabregas, Song etc...

where do you want to know this?'?????

BBZ8800

So they got 50m for Robinho in todays money and they needed to get rid after his flop year, and he wanted out. Luiz would have happily stayed even though the manager disliked him? Yet, Alexis needs to be sold for 20m or else he will create a mess?

It is not the same with Luiz and Alexis/Fabregas.

Chelsea probably think:
-- if he stays, ok, we have the money and we are strong enough with or without him
-- if he goes, even better, we will earn a lot on him, and we are still strong, even without him

Barca with Alexis:
-- we can't keep him (staff probably also think that he is not good enough and that we need something different if we want tiltles in the future)
-- in he stays, we won't sell him for peanuts, but we will probably have similar Seasons like the last 2, or even worse since the core of the our team is worse and worse each Season and we need new players to get new hunger, energy and everything

So, basically, we are desperate to sell Alexis and similar players, to get the money for new players and to return to the highest positions.
Keeping Alexis and similar players in the past is currently not an option, because again, it will ruin our plans for a renovation of the team.

So yes, we are desperate to sell and there is not too high demand for him.
So, it is not the same as with Ozil, Luiz or some other players.

Bertus

Marquinhos (PSG): "Barça interested? If that's true, it's of course something to be happy about. But that's all I can say." [le parisien]

Here's the full quote translated by myself to avoid any mistranslation from french version to english.

"Firstly, i want to say something about David, he's a friend of mine. He's a super nice guy, and a super player. By the way, I think he did the right choice to sign with PSG. Now though, when we see that footballers like David Luiz are arriving, it means that it will even more difficult for me. I know that... But i'm feeling good mentally and I will work even more. "

"I will talk with the club and with my agent about my future because the upcoming season is a very important one for me."

"Barcelona ? If Barcelona is interested in me, of course, it's something nice! Beside that, i can't say anything else about Barcelona."

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
So they got 50m for Robinho in todays money and they needed to get rid after his flop year, and he wanted out. Luiz would have happily stayed even though the manager disliked him? Yet, Alexis needs to be sold for 20m or else he will create a mess? I mean, we can come up with excuses for everything, but at the end of the day, no club comes close to the business deals we do. If Albiol had played for us, we would have released him on a free transfer, while Robinho would have went for 20m max and we would have argued it was a great price for an unwanted player.

Firstly, you don't know if Alexis will be sold, let alone the transfer fee. Secondly, stop this "todays money" crap, the sold Robinho for what they sold him and that's that. They stole from Man City just like Chelsea stole from PSG now.

Thirdly, Madrid make plenty of gaffes in transfers. Have you forgotten Kaka for €65M, then letting him go for free 4 years later??!?!? Yeah. They bought Coentrao for €30M, they won't get anywhere near that when he's sold. Splashed €60M this season on a couple of bench players. That Albiol sale you like to talk about, Madrid lost money on Albiol, they payed €15M for him. Threw away massive money on Huntelaar. Threw away massive money on Lassana Diarra. Threw away money on Robben, Sneijder, Drenthe. Madrid throw away plenty of money

So stop your tunnel vision.

L

Learo

Chelsea probably think:
-- if he stays, ok, we have the money and we are strong enough with or without him
-- if he goes, even better, we will earn a lot on him, and we are still strong, even without him

Barca with Alexis:
-- we can't keep him (staff probably also think that he is not good enough and that we need something different if we want tiltles in the future)
-- in he stays, we won't sell him for peanuts, but we will probably have similar Seasons like the last 2, or even worse since the core of the our team is worse and worse each Season and we need new players to get new hunger, energy and everything

So, basically, we are desperate to sell Alexis and similar players, to get the money for new players and to return to the highest positions.
Keeping Alexis and similar players in the past is currently not an option, because again, it will ruin our plans for a renovation of the team.

You are just making that up though. Desperate to sell Alexis? Really? Having had his best season ever? I could easily say that Madrid were far more desperate to sell the massive flop Robinho and Ozil to finance Bale and their other purchases. Are we desperate to sell Cesc as well? Mascherano? Really? You dont know that, and it doesnt make sense to sell these guys for peanuts to buy players who are not better for far more.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona has spent far more than Chelsea in the last few years.

Wrong again. Boy you like to be wrong. Chelsea has spent over €100M each of the last 3 transfer windows. Has Barcelona spent that, I don't think so.

NeyMesSis

Chelsea probably think:

Barca with Alexis:

you could put alexis exactly in Luiz'case....

why shouldnt we keep him?? he has his best season ever and is massively improving... entering his prime years..

please stop talking crap.

Zincubus

Banned
Mata transfer is probably the least believable transfer story I've heard so far.

You people realise he only just signed for £40mil right ?

That was last Summer wasn't it or Jan window ??

20 years ago Clive Allen signed for another club at the start of the Summer window and moved to a third club a few weeks later - before the season started !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans