Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wait... when did Marquinhos say that he is definitely staying? From what I see, he is considering his options.

Bertus

Wait... when did Marquinhos say that he is definitely staying? From what I see, he is considering his options.

He never said such. That's why i posted my own translations of the interview on the previous page.

Here's the full quote translated by myself to avoid any mistranslation from french version to english.

"Firstly, i want to say something about David, he's a friend of mine. He's a super nice guy, and a super player. By the way, I think he did the right choice to sign with PSG. Now though, when we see that footballers like David Luiz are arriving, it means that it will even more difficult for me. I know that... But i'm feeling good mentally and I will work even more. "

"I will talk with the club and with my agent about my future because the upcoming season is a very important one for me."

"Barcelona ? If Barcelona is interested in me, of course, it's something nice! Beside that, i can't say anything else about Barcelona."

Bertus

Maybe. We should look to sign Benatia and then turn our attention to Marquinhos and PSG. They have to lower their yearly wage cost.

Marcos is only 800k euros per year at PSG.

Go read my listing in the marquinhos thread.

If we need to lower our wage bill, it's not marcos that we need to sell.

DonAK

He never said such. That's why i posted my own translations of the interview on the previous page.

He said that he wants to work harder, but also that he will talk with his agent and that the next season is important for him.

He doesnt seem 100% sure about staying, but ofc that doesnt mean that he want to leave either hence why I said considering his options.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Maybe. We should look to sign Benatia and then turn our attention to Marquinhos and PSG. They have to lower their yearly wage cost.

It appears that Marquinhos earns only 800k euros per year. He probably could earn more at Barca and be a regular starter.

Bertus

He said that he wants to work harder, but also that he will talk with his agent and that the next season is important for him.

He doesnt seem 100% sure about staying, but ofc that doesnt mean that he want to leave either hence why I said considering his options.

I meant you were right that he never said he will stay at PSG for sure.

As you said, he seems to consider options.

But as i said above, if we sell him, it will be because the player wants to leave and that PSG accepts that, not because of wage bill problem. The kid is super cheap compared to the rest of PSG squad (800k euros)

Last edited:

DonAK

Marcos is only 800k euros per year at PSG.

Go read my listing in the marquinhos thread.

If we need to lower our wage bill, it's not marcos that we need to sell.

well.. thats suprising. I thought he earned more.

It appears that Marquinhos earns only 800k euros per year. He probably could earn more at Barca and be a regular starter.

Yeah although im not sure he'd be a regular starter here either.

Bertus

Sure. It's possible. But his salary doesnt mean we will sell it cheap. Are you sure you want to pay at least 35M (what we paid for him) to sign him?

As i said yesterday, if there's one club in the world to which Nasser will never give any gift, it's Barcelona.

Nasser publicaly implied many times he hates two clubs : Bayern and Barcelona.

He has a contract till 2018. 4 years to repay + what PSG asks to not lose money on him. Be ready to pay 40M.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We don't need to buy Marquinhos really. Benatia is a must buy though. I would like to see us buy Benatia and a young talent from South America as the price for young talented CBs in Europe is too much. €40M for Marquinhos is just ridiculous. We could get someone like Doria for a lower fee I'd imagine. I really can't see us buy two CBs for €75M. That's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans