Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Perhaps we are seeing moderately tall Marquinhos as our RB who can play CB and then Laporte as the other CB signing, giving us 3 full time CBs (Pique, Laporte, Bartra) plus Marquinhos, leaving more opportunities for Montoya to shine.

Bertus

Thats our first offer, so we might increase it if PSG plays hardball. 45m possible? I said a few days ago that 50m was possible. Perhaps it will be 45m. This is positive.

I edited my post. I believe those numbers are guesses, not real offer that can be sourced.

Contrary to you, I believe PDG will sell it for what they paid for : 35M. And use it to try to complete a deal for Hazard which is believed to cost above 65M euros.

I

instinct

He already announced that he feels that Masche is a DM. It was surprising that he said that because he made a secret about everything else. He praised Masch and therefore I don't believe that he'll leave this summer. If Lucho uses him as Busi's back-up or double pivot or whatever we HAVE TO buy 2 CB's. One is Marquinhos and I hope that the other is Benatia. Would be great to have 2 experienced CB's starting while 2 young but awesome defenders develop and are able to replace Pique and Benatia without losing too much quality.

Bertus

You think he can be relied upon from the get go? I don't know how Piqué paired with a 20y.o in central defence will pan out. Nor do I like the idea of a relatively inexperienced kid become an instant starter over Bartra. I'm afraid if we get Marquinhos for the amt quoted, there won't be any high profile CB incoming. We'll go for a cheap back up for a second signing.

He works hard. He never complained even once. Every time you ask him if he'sannoyed to not be a starter, he replies that he needs to get better for that to happen.

He has very good spirit.

It was a good signing for PSG and it would be a good signing for any other clubs.

I think it's a mistake to let him go, but well, we can't keep everyone given the players we aim for (hazard, abate, alves, Pogba etc.)

Bertus

Perhaps we are seeing moderately tall Marquinhos as our RB who can play CB and then Laporte as the other CB signing, giving us 3 full time CBs (Pique, Laporte, Bartra) plus Marquinhos, leaving more opportunities for Montoya to shine.

Last comment before leaving.

Marcos is only 183cm but just like TS who's same height, he won most of his duel in the air against players that are taller than him.

And we have many tall players in the French League.

L

Learo

Last comment before leaving.

Marcos is only 183cm but just like TS who's same height, he won most of his duel in the air against players that are taller than him.

And we have many tall players in the French League.

This is good. Because we are rumoured to want a RB that is good in the air and is capable of playing CB. Like a new Abidal but on the right.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Bertus, if you get Hazard, along with Big Nose and Cavani, even if you sell Pocho, that's some scary looking front. You gotta be salivating at that.

L

Learo

Anything less than 50m for Marquinhos, even if we make a 20 year old bench player the 2nd most expensive defender in history, I am content with it. Its better than Agger for 20m.

L

Learo

Even if we buy Marquinhos as RB, I think we will be fine with just one other defensive purchase, and it means Lucho really trusts Bartra and Montoya, as they would get many chances with 5 players competing for 3 positions (Pique, Laporte, Bartra, Marquinhos as CB and Marquinhos and Montoya as RB). It would be much harder for Montoya if we buy a designated RB who can only play RB, in addition to two new CBs, pushing Bartra to 4th choice, instead of possibly 3rd choice now. It means Bartra and Montoya will feel valued.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I just hope we sign Benatia as well if we're looking to get Marquinhos.... If we sign Marquinhos instead of Benatia then I would be incredibly disappointed.

xxxxxx

Even if we buy Marquinhos as RB, I think we will be fine with just one other defensive purchase, and it means Lucho really trusts Bartra and Montoya, as they would get many chances with 5 players competing for 3 positions (Pique, Laporte, Bartra, Marquinhos as CB and Marquinhos and Montoya as RB). It would be much harder for Montoya if we buy a designated RB who can only play RB, in addition to two new CBs, pushing Bartra to 4th choice, instead of possibly 3rd choice now. It means Bartra and Montoya will feel valued.

We need a proper CB, not a 20-year-old who can't even get his game for PSG.

L

Learo

Masche, Samper and Rafinha could be our three new midfield "signings", which I am happy with. About 100m for Laporte, Marquinhos and ter Stegen, leaving us with proably 70m to sign a forward if we sell Cesc, Alexis, Song and Alves for 65m.

xxxxxx

Masche, Samper and Rafinha could be our three new midfield "signings", which I am happy with. About 100m for Laporte, Marquinhos and ter Stegen, leaving us with proably 70m to sign a forward if we sell Cesc, Alexis, Song and Alves for 65m.

We are not going to sell Cesc, Song, Alves and Sanchez for 65m.

icemanbrfc

If we are going to spend that much money on Marquinhos, then surely we should be looking rather at Hummels. Hummels is such an experienced player, and i would rather try and get him. For me its either Benatia and Laporte or Hummels and Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans