Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoobySquats

Yep , it would leave €60 million plus anything raised from selling whoever from Alexis / Pedro / Cesc / Mascherano / Tello etc

Personally, Pedro, and Tello should leave. Alexis and Cesc are just to valuable and versatile to be let go for anything under 40 Million

ScoobySquats

The striker is difficult as I can't think of any that wouldn't be crazily over-priced.
For the CM Oliver Torres would be best and could come for 20-25m. Lucho works well with youth so getting Torres could solve our Xavi-replacement problem.

O.Torres could be the missing piece in the Barcelona puzzle. I however, would welcome Gundogan with open arms if one day he comes

Bertus

Sounds like Benatia and Marquinhos to me. Even though Marquinhos is a CB who can play FB.

Dunno where spanish medias got the idea that marquinhos is a good regular RB/FB.

He's not. he played as i said before 2-3 times RB/FB because PSG had injured players and the dude himself said he wants to play CB only. That he can help 2-3 times but that's all.

He refuses to play regulary as RB at PSG, so i don't think Zubi can lure him away by asking him to play RB or any other position that is not CB.

If he comes to barcelona, it will be to play CB whatever shit the spanish medias are throwing everywhere.

Last edited:

BarçAjax8

Personally, Pedro, and Tello should leave. Alexis and Cesc are just to valuable and versatile to be let go for anything under 40 Million
I would happily let Alexis & Cesc go if it provides us the funds to get Suarez or Aguero.

O.Torres could be the missing piece in the Barcelona puzzle. I however, would welcome Gundogan with open arms if one day he comes
If Gundogan fully recovers from his injuries I'd welcome him as well. Phenomenal player and Dortmund felt his loss this season.

Trickykid

For the CM Oliver Torres would be best and could come for 20-25m. Lucho works well with youth so getting Torres could solve our Xavi-replacement problem.

Oliver Torres has had, what, 7-8 starts this season for both Villarreal and Atletico combined, and you expect him to replace Xavi? I've seen quite a few in here advocating for the kid, and while he's a great prospect, of course, he's nowhere near good enough to feature regularly, let alone lead a ChL winning candidate such as Barcelona. He could be one for the future, I suppose, but I honestly haven't seen anything this season, that would indicate he's better than the likes of Rafinha - quite the contrary actually.

Edit: Words.

Last edited:
L

Learo

Problem with Gundogan and Oliver Torres is that they played approximately 5 minutes this season. Its not enough to trust them to take over from Xavi.

Its better to trust Samper and Mascherano being moved to DM means Busi can take care of the Xavi role. We basically have 3 new midfielders next season with Rafa, Masche and a year older Samper (even though he is still a B player, it could change). A midfielder is not strictly needed.

Last edited:

ScoobySquats

I would happily let Alexis & Cesc go if it provides us the funds to get Suarez or Aguero.

I just can't defend Pedro any more. Alexis has put in admirable performances this season with vital goals while Pedro simply has not. Alas, Pedro is a cantera player and we all know those are the untouchables in Barcelona.
If Gundogan fully recovers from his injuries I'd welcome him as well. Phenomenal player and Dortmund felt his loss this season.
Gundogan also has a cool name.:xavi:

BarçAjax8

Oliver Torres has had, what, 7-8 starts this season for both Villarreal and Atletico, and you expect him to replace Xavi? I've seen quite a few in here advocating for the kid, and while he's a great prospect, of course, he's nowhere near good enough to feature regularly, let alone lead a ChL winning candidate such as Barcelona. He could be one for the future, I suppose, but I honestly haven't seen anything this season, that would indicate he's better than the likes of Rafinha - quite the contrary actually.

I wouldn't expect Torres to walk into our XI upon purchase. His skills and playing style make him ideal for the Xavi role. If he gets a season working under Xavi it would further his development. Rafinha provides a lot more going forward along the lines of Iniesta so I wouldn't compare the two. I'm looking forward to seeing Rafinha playing in our midfield this season.

Trickykid

I wouldn't expect Torres to walk into our XI upon purchase. His skills and playing style make him ideal for the Xavi role. If he gets a season working under Xavi it would further his development. Rafinha provides a lot more going forward along the lines of Iniesta so I wouldn't compare the two. I'm looking forward to seeing Rafinha playing in our midfield this season.

Yeah, I suppose we just rate him differently. I not nearly as impressed as some of you guys seem to be.

mittchan82

Problem with Gundogan and Oliver Torres is that they played approximately 5 minutes this season. Its not enough to trust them to take over from Xavi.

Its better to trust Samper and Mascherano being moved to DM means Busi can take care of the Xavi role. We basically have 3 new midfielders next season with Rafa, Masche and a year older Samper (even though he is still a B player, it could change). A midfielder is not strictly needed.

OOHHH, I like your idea of playing Busi in Xavi's role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans