Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

Well that's it then for our future, if football really is going in this direction where clubs become d"#ck measuring competitions between sheikhs and their toys. Fifa FFP is truly a joke then.

When Messi, Iniesta and Busquets retire, and we are mainly at the mercy of how good our homegrown talent is, we're probably not going to win much again. Afraid that our best really is behind us now, if we can't even make good signings THIS summer, with THIS budget.

Bah I'm too frustrated, I'll be back later.

I don't want to be pessimistic before the transfer window even opens, but yeah, a few more summers of PSG, City and Chelsea buying everyone in sight just because they can and nothing really being done about it, I'm afraid I'll start to lose interest in football as a whole.

Wat? Insigne at Barca? :lol: As a ball boy may be. Fits the profile. :p

:lol: Nah, even I don't want him here (only in FM where I can make him world class)... not until he either becomes less selfish or improves his finishing, hopefully both. Still love him though. :D

Despite rumoured interest in Torino (co-owned by Juventus) forward Immobile, Barcelona have not been in touch with clubs or player. [gdm]

:cry:

There go my hopes and dreams. At least Dortmund are likeable though and much better than him going back to Juve.

Cule4life

The Culest
I don't want to be pessimistic before the transfer window even opens, but yeah, a few more summers of PSG, City and Chelsea buying everyone in sight just because they can and nothing really being done about it, I'm afraid I'll start to lose interest in football as a whole..

Yeah i fear this too....

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
What I'm gathering about Benatia is the club wants him, the player wants to come, but Roma apparently is asking a lot for him. Latest rumors are that Roma want no less than €40m for Benatia, and Barca are a little put off at that figure.

Barca also apparently thinks they can get Miranda for half that, and getting Marquinhos as the youth future player, they'd be willing to get the veteran Miranda cheaper, even though he is 2 years older than Benatia.

It is a sound plan. Miranda is a good CB and even though I do prefer Benatia under equal circumstances, I can't deny the wisdom of Miranda for half the cost of Benatia, if they can also get Marquinhos to offset Miranda being 2 years older than Benatia.

L

Learo

Miranda is simply too old and will have a hard time adapting at his age to a very different system than Atletico's defensive style.

And 20m for a player at that age is appalling. Most expensive 30 year old defender by a large margin.

BBZ8800

We are not splashing out 30m for a player to be sitting on the bench. Evenwe are not that mad.

30m is starting material.

Either Marquinhos is meant to be our RB or we are not getting both.

A normal club needs at least 3 good CBs.
You can rotate them (La Liga, Champions league, cup, national teams).
They will get injured from time to time.
They will have red cards from time to time.
Benatia will be absent for a Month when he goes to African cup.

So, 3 world class Cbs are not anything strange.

Barca plays 55-60 official matches per Season (La Liga, Champions league, Cup)
So, even with 3 players, each can play 35-40 matches in one Season. (2 positions X 55-60 matches=110-120 "appearances")

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt we can get Miranda for 20m. He is in the core group of Atletico players and they dont really need to sell either, especially not to a direct competitor.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Miranda is simply too old and will have a hard time adapting at his age to a very different system than Atletico's defensive style.

And 20m for a player at that age is appalling. Most expensive 30 year old defender by a large margin.

The age is a concern, but when you have mediocre CBs going for €50m and 19 year olds going for €31m, €20m for a 29yo going on 30yo good solid CB doesn't sound so appalling.

I would rather they fork over the €40m for Benatia, can't really be frugal when you're that desperate for quality defense, but I see the plan and don't think it is a crazy one.

They could basically get Marquinhos + Miranda for the same €40m it would cost to get just Benatia, adding Alves. I think that's how they're seeing this operation.

On top, they might be looking at a bidding war for Benatia against Chelsea and Man City, so that's added to the equation.

zanela

What I'm gathering about Benatia is the club wants him, the player wants to come, but Roma apparently is asking a lot for him. Latest rumors are that Roma want no less than €40m for Benatia, and Barca are a little put off at that figure.

Barca also apparently thinks they can get Miranda for half that, and getting Marquinhos as the youth future player, they'd be willing to get the veteran Miranda cheaper, even though he is 2 years older than Benatia.

It is a sound plan. Miranda is a good CB and even though I do prefer Benatia under equal circumstances, I can't deny the wisdom of Miranda for half the cost of Benatia, if they can also get Marquinhos to offset Miranda being 2 years older than Benatia.

Benatia's both ground and aerial game is superior to Miranda's, and he's 3 years younger not 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans