Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulFCB

Banned
I think if we fail to sign a CB in his prime we will end up "releasing" Laporte.

And between a 19 year old and 29 year old, it's not that difficult, I'll go for 29, at least in our situation right now. A 19 year old CB is like a fifth grader going to a college opening day.
Biggest problem is, as other said, we need 3 CB's, with Marquinhos most probably being our future RB, we still need 2 and we can't go to low on the quality if we want to achieve.

As for losing interest, I did kinda lose interest in football the years after the 2002 World Cup, Barca was not performing, my local team fluctuated between a season with Title+Cup and a season when they had 10 straight defeats, Real was all over the posters even though those 2nd legs with Monaco and Juventus made my days. By summer 2003 I was all glued to the TV and seeing rma win their first el clasico on Camp Nou after 25 years, Puyol looking like a sad leader and all, but the changes that happened all of a sudden made me 100% interested knowing things will get better...and by April it was clear :D.
Still, in 2002 I was 12, it's different now, I doubt I'll lose interest :tata1:.

Last edited:
L

Learo

I doubt we can get Miranda for 20m. He is in the core group of Atletico players and they dont really need to sell either, especially not to a direct competitor.

Has there ever been a 30 year old defender more expensive than 10m? I cant think of any. At that age, even just a minor injury could be the end, let alone a major injury. Add in the fact that players at that age have a hard time adapting to a very different system (and Barca plays very differently than Atletico), and the operation is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Benatia's both ground and aerial game is superior to Miranda's, and he's 3 years younger not 2.

I don't know why you're bringing Benatia being better because I never said otherwise. And if we're going to nit pick age, he is 2 years 7 months older, not 3.

Bertus

I think if we fail to sign a CB in his prime we will end up "releasing" Laporte.

And between a 19 year old and 29 year old, it's not that difficult, I'll go for 29, at least in our situation right now. A 19 year old CB is like a fifth grader going to a college opening day.
Biggest problem is, as other said, we need 3 CB's, with Marquinhos most probably being our future RB, we still need 2 and we can't go to low on the quality if we want to achieve.

Marcos said himself during the season at PSG he doesn't want to play any other position than CB. That he can help 2-3 times in other position if needed, but that he is and wants to stay a CB.

He's not a RB. Why do people here pretend the opposite. Who told you he was both RB and CB to begin with. Sport.es???

It's not because he helped 2-3 times as RB this season that he is a regular RB. He also helped 2 times in midfield. Is he a regular 10 too???

He didnt do marvelous either, Jallet and VdW are better than him in this position, and those two are turds.

Last edited:
I

instinct

I seriously believe that we are trying to get a WC signing this summer. Either a midfielder or a forward.

Miranda + Marquinhos could turn out to be great though I still want Benatia to join us but I will be the first one to praise Miranda and Marcos if they do well. Considering the latest rumours both would cost us 20m (if Alves is included in the deal with Marcos. Don't know if we'll pay 30m or 20m) which is 40-50m for 2 good defenders. Benatia would cost us a similar amount since City and Chelsea are always able to make a higher bid.

We have 120m available and spend 50m on 2 defenders. Including the money from players who will leave this summer we have enough money to reinforce other areas of the team.

Wether it's the right decision or not is another question but I could live with Pique Miranda Bartra and Marquinhos.

Even though it's unlikely but I do believe that we'd have enough money to buy Agüero/Suarez OR Koke and mid-class striker especially considering the fact that Agüero is a close friend to Messi and after spending time with him during the WC...:pep: And apparently Liverpool is interested in Pedro and Tello who we could in a deal with Suarez.

PaulFCB

Banned
Suarez said he won't leave.
Pedro should be sold for money, not for change.

And I hope they won't fall for "but but, we're lpool, poorest guys around"

I

instinct

Suarez said he won't leave.
Pedro should be sold for money, not for change.

And I hope they won't fall for "but but, we're lpool, poorest guys around"

I can't remember that he said he won't leave. He said that he's happy in Liverpool, that's all.

L

Learo

We cant just use the fact that PSG bought Luiz for 49m as some sort of argument that we should smash world records as well.

Chelsea bought Diego Costa, Atletico's 25 year old star striker for 40m. Buying their aging close to 30 year old defender for half that is madness. I would say it is even worse than 25m for Chygrynskiy.

L

Learo

I dont think what Chelsea paid for Costa was madness based on what he had done for Atletico, his age and position. It was fair I would say. With that being said, I think he will flop, but that is another story. He has sell-on value anyway.

Ter Stegen for 12m was pretty fair as well. Miranda for 20m is crazy talk. Move to the next target if that is what they can come up with.

L

Learo

And I think we should avoid getting into bidding wars with billions of oil money from the Gulf and Russia. It will be our downfall. We have to use our scout network if we have it (I believe we might have).

PaulFCB

Banned
I can't remember that he said he won't leave. He said that he's happy in Liverpool, that's all.

AL MADRID SE LE COMPLICA EL FICHAJE DE LUIS SUÁREZ Según adelanta hoy el 'Daily Mail, Luis Suárez ha decidido quedarse en el Liverpool. El delantero ya habría anunciado a sus compañeros su intención de quedarse y conqustar el título de la Premier con el club de Anfield. El jugador dice de este modo 'no' a la oferta de 100 millones del Real Madrid, tal como reuerda el rotativo inglés.

MundoDeportivo.

Pretty clear even if you don't speak Espanol. But at the same time, if he would leave Anfield, we won't be option 1 ahead of Real for a transfer.

zanela

I don't know why you're bringing Benatia being better because I never said otherwise. And if we're going to nit pick age, he is 2 years 7 months older, not 3.

I only did so due to your emphasis on the age-difference. A bit more accuracy would help considering Miranda turns 30 at the start of the new season, and will take time to adapt to a diff. set-up than he's been accustomed to. The merits you present for Miranda aren't too convincing.

L

linetty

I dont think what Chelsea paid for Costa was madness based on what he had done for Atletico, his age and position. It was fair I would say. With that being said, I think he will flop, but that is another story. He has sell-on value anyway.

Ter Stegen for 12m was pretty fair as well. Miranda for 20m is crazy talk. Move to the next target if that is what they can come up with.
How do you know the fee if the transfer is not even official yet, let alone the details of the deal

Miranda for 20m is crazy talk? Give me another CB for 20m who is as good as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans