Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

I'm gonna stop looking at our targets .....just seen Kompany play against Sweden and received the ball in his penalty area , did a Cruyf turn and then a dragback ( ala Puyol) and lost possession , made a desperate lunge and nearly cut the poor guy in half !!

Kompany is very overrated. If the two City games didn't open up the eyes of the culés, nothing will.

SeloBarca

It worries me that all the names that are being thrown around to replace Fàbregas... aren't better than him.

As much as i dont think theres room for Cesc, i feel the same.
Do we need another AM? no, we have Iniesta, Cesc and Rafinha.
Do we need a CM? yes, but only if hes a playmaking type.

After we get a World Class CB (Not mathieu) we should go after a playmaking CM, problem is the only one of that kind has a serious backinjury.
I dont really follow EPL, but there was alot of hype of Wilshere a year ago. Is he a CM or AM?

Last edited:

NotInHere

Yup too many Cesc rumors, he is leaving

if the rumors weren't true the Barca staff would come out and say Cesc is part of there plans, but they are not. Hopefully we do something with the money though, instead of saving it. Or swap Cesc for Koke, hopefully that happens

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
It worries me that all the names that are being thrown around to replace Fàbregas... aren't better than him.

It's Football Manager/FIFA logic "Sell this top player for loads of money, sign highly rated young players who will SURELY be better than him". It never works out like that in reality.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yup too many Cesc rumors, he is leaving

if the rumors weren't true the Barca staff would come out and say Cesc is part of there plans, but they are not. Hopefully we do something with the money though, instead of saving it. Or swap Cesc for Koke, hopefully that happens

They did come out and say that Cesc isn't leaving though, I posted in the the Cesc thread, but then these rumours started appearing again.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
They did come out and say that Cesc isn't leaving though, I posted in the the Cesc thread, but then these rumours started appearing again.

Exactly.

As for Koke, I would love to have him here, but he seems like a loyal Atletico lad to me. I don't think even we can tempt him.

ivan_barca

Cesk is leaving and will be replaced by Koke. That is needed change because of Koke works rate in defense and attack also..He will help much more Bussi,than Cesk ot Xavi did.Rafinha will get a lot of playing time this year. I trust Lucho and support his moves.

NotInHere

Probably something happened behind the scenes that changed everyones tune, who knows. I know there just rumors, but there's too many reporting that Cesc is leaving.

Who knows, we'll see.

F

Flavia

That's the standard speech, he would never say "yes, we want to sell Cesc to fund other transfers".

Kohe321

All of this CM nonsense just goes to show yet again how INCREDIBLY idiotic it was to let Thiago go to Bayern for a giveaway price of 25m last season. One of the best talents coming out of our own academy in years, and we handle him so poorly that he goes for peanuts to one of our main european rivals.

Now, one year later, we will probably end up buying an inferior CM who will probably end up costing us close to double of what we got for Thiago. Planning ahead!

But we are Barcafans, and we're so used to this borderline criminal moronic decisionmaking from our board that we just forget about it. Luckily we have the daily trash from MD and Sport to keep us occupied...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans