Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca1899

Barcelona want to buy a young centre back in January or next summer. Maximum 20M. Focus on BEL, POR, FRA and Eastern European leagues. [as]

Meitux

I really don't understand whats the problem of buying a young centerback right now..why January and even worse, next summer?..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maybe they want time to make a good choice. If he comes in January he can get minutes while we rest the experienced boys for big matches. Then the next season he can start establishing himself as a starter.

We will be fine with the current defence till January, just like last season.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I really don't understand whats the problem of buying a young centerback right now..why January and even worse, next summer?..
Wouldn't that mean we will have to splash out some money!? At least the January transfer window would give them an excuse for not signing a player!!

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Zubi is incompetent. I hope, with time, that Tata manages to fix that.

ebc_99

Tata probably would like a top defender now but the board won't pay what clubs are asking so we have to wait, There is no point paying a large amount in desperation and it not working out then needing to spend again this time next year.

Our best bet is to find a hidden gem somewhere and sign him up for a good price much like Man Utd did with Vidic or Real did with Varane. If we could bring in someone even close to that level then it will be worth the wait.

The new scouts brought in will have an important job to do and surely are a big improvement on the previous people in place. I would love if we brought in a couple of defenders this summer but it would annoying if we spent 40mill on Luiz and he was no improvement or 30 on Agger and he was not good enough, we would be in a worse situation than we are now.

If we avoid serious injury we should be ok until January but that really is the last chance if we want to win the Champions league this year.

barca1899

The new scouts brought in will have an important job to do and surely are a big improvement on the previous people in place. I would love if we brought in a couple of defenders this summer but it would annoying if we spent 40mill on Luiz and he was no improvement or 30 on Agger and he was not good enough, we would be in a worse situation than we are now.

They are opponent analysts, the talent scouts are still the same. :zubi:

Yannick03

Maybe Chancel Mbemba? Quick, powerful, good on the ball. Young too (18yo) although there are doubt about his true age.

The only one I see who COULD be Barca material is Cheikhou Kouyaté or there has to be some exceptional youth player I haven't heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans