Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Maybe they want time to make a good choice. If he comes in January he can get minutes while we rest the experienced boys for big matches. Then the next season he can start establishing himself as a starter.

We will be fine with the current defence till January, just like last season.

That doesnt make sense. A player needs many months to be able to properly adapt to our defensive system. Bringing in someone in the middle of the season will not suffice if we want to strengthen our backline for the crucial part of the season.

It is just a ploy by the management to try to calm down the fans and pull wool over eyes.

jklz

Van Rhijn is not even close to the level Barça needs, especially not at Centre back (and for right back we have Montoya, Alves and Adriano). While Indi is good, he also makes plenty of mistakes and has a lot to improve on. I personally don't understand the obsession of just getting any centre back. We need someone that can lift the level of the current defence, not someone that is closer to Bartra's level than he is to the level of Mascherano/Piqué/Puyol.

Messi_Goal

is there any chance of a new cb or two before the transfer window shuts
it sure dont look like a top/world class defender is

L

Learo

Van Rhijn is not even close to the level Barça needs, especially not at Centre back (and for right back we have Montoya, Alves and Adriano). While Indi is good, he also makes plenty of mistakes and has a lot to improve on. I personally don't understand the obsession of just getting any centre back. We need someone that can lift the level of the current defence, not someone that is closer to Bartra's level than he is to the level of Mascherano/Piqué/Puyol.

Puyol will be available 20% of the matches like he has been for the last 3 years while Mascherano is simply not what we need at the back, with his poor aerial ability. We will be brutally targeted on set pieces this season with our team getting shorter and shorter by each transfer window. It will be gut wrenching to see us dominate teams and just getting brutally defeated by corners and set pieces.

Meitux

We don't have any experienced options to get at the moment, young defenders with high potential are our only targets. Van Rhijn yes, i have never seen him play CB. The difference between those players and Bartra is for example that N'koulou is a regular in his club while Bartra is just a sub and hasn't played a full season yet... Our situation at the moment is : We either stick with the same bad defence or get a young defender and hope that he will flourish. But in a moment like this, you can't expect any big option/name coming..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He'd get minutes against weak teams when we rest the main players for important CL ties. Then the next season he'd have a full preseason and start being integrated into the team.

You could be right about them talking shit though.

Bertus

Well it's all speculation but when Jose says that every manager "lies" during transfer talk interviews WHY would we trust ANYTHING he says in yesterday's staged chat ??

Read the context. It's not rocket science.

Since Mou knows Managers are prone to lie during a transfer window and since Medias are harrassing him about Luiz, he clearly wanted to say "I know many managers lie, but I don't about Luiz".

Last edited:
L

Learo

He'd get minutes against weak teams when we rest the main players for important CL ties.

But football unfortunately doesnt work like that. Injuries and suspensions are part of the game. The player we bring is supposed to be able to play against any opposition.

Paying over the odds in the winter window (when players are more expensive than in the summer) for a guy who only is supposed to play at home against Elche or in the Copa del Rey is meaningless. Might as well give those minutes to Bagnack and Bartra.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
No he doesn't. He will play in the lesser games so that the main guys get a rest and don't get injured for the bigger matches, then the next season we can develop him. Then the season after he may be a full starter.

Or do you think it's possible to buy a WC player in January and play him straight away? Football unfortunately doesn't work like that.

L

Learo

No he doesn't. He will play in the lesser games so that the main guys get a rest and don't get injured for the bigger matches, then the next season we can develop him. Then the season after he may be a full starter.

Or do you think it's possible to buy a WC player in January and play him straight away? Football unfortunately doesn't work like that.

Thats why its stupid to focus on the winter window if we want to strengthen our defense and I believe our management is just trying to hoodwink the fans to cover the failures of the summer.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think it's stupid too but it's the current situation now isn't it? We won't get a good CB this summer by the looks of things. The next best option for us is to get a young talent in January.

L

Learo

I think it's stupid too but it's the current situation now isn't it? We won't get a good CB this summer by the looks of things. The next best option for us is to get a young talent in January.

We certainly need someone better than Bagnack and Bartra then who can both do a good job against lower level teams.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You're not making any sense here. You want an upgrade on Bagnack and Bartra but refuse to get a young talent in January? Remember we probably not getting a CB this summer now.

L

Learo

You're not making any sense here. You want an upgrade on Bagnack and Bartra but refuse to get a young talent in January? Remember we probably not getting a CB this summer now.

I dont refuse to get a good player in January, but he has to be good enough to be a real reinforcement this season, not just a player for Copa del Rey games at home. If not, then we might as well continue with Bartra and Bagnack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans