Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebieymjunior

One thing I've noticed. Barca fans are so quick to look at younger players from other teams and are very quick to neglect their own youngsters, same goes for the older players and all the coaches since Guardiola.

We had Montoya, Bartra, Thiago, Tello and dos Santos last season, and the only one who got good minutes was Tello.
Most of the fans thought none of them was good enough (because they didn't play much) and they were the best at the U21 championships, and then we sold Thiago.
This season we had Montoya, Bartra, Roberto, dos Santos and Tello, and only Bartra played close to enough minutes, and that's because of injuries!
And Bartra performed marvellously, but once the older ones were back, he was back to the bench without reason. Injuries happened again, and Bartra played, and if it weren't for him, Barca would probably have lost the league long before.

Fair enough with dos Santos, injuries have not been too good with him, but what's the excuse with the rest? People thought Bartra was not good enough, he showed that he just needs to be given trust and learn from his mistakes (like all other players ever, cf. Thiago in the beginning of this season - you didn't see Pep benching him), same with Montoya who was great toward the end of the season.
Every time Roberto played he did enough to warrant more playing time, and look here, almost every time he played the full 90 minutes, Barca won with a lot of goals (only once less than 4 goals and they still won), and that includes the 6-1 against Celtic in the Champions League! (for those whose excuse is "he doesn't have experience in the CL", and how would he have experience if he's not played?). Tello was so overlooked that he even had to say his thoughts during the match (don't think he was right, but just shows how he should have felt).

As much as I want us to buy a very good defender, IF we don't buy Benatia, Marquinhos, Laporte, Hummels, it's not the end of the world. We have Bartra and Pique that could be a very good starting defensive partnership. If we get one of them, the better. Same with RB and CM. I can't believe people are going as far as say we should buy 19-21 year olds in Aurier/Torres, when we have Montoya and Roberto, and Godswill and Kaptoum in Barca B next year.

I thought the Thiago saga would have served as a lesson to all fans, but it seems we don't want to learn. Trust in young players and give them enough playing time and they'll repay you with good performances. You don't learn to drive in one day, same goes with playing football at the level Barca plays (otherwise players like Alexis would have taken no time to get used to it). But these youngsters have learned to play the Barca way since they were young. Wouldn't they be more capable of playing better with playing time? Did everyone forget that Xavi was once called the pest (or something like that) of Barca when he was replacing Pep? I agree not all the young players will succeed in Barcelona, but MOST of those aren't fully promoted. The ones who are have a good reason for that, and should get the support of us fans.

For this year, we have a great core of experienced and young players, so whoever comes, we should support all the players, even the younger ones. I think Adama will be better than Tello, but I heard that if no attacker can be bought, Lucho prefers to keep Tello, and if he can play as well as he did last season, I'd keep him until Adama is ready. Roberto has the potential to be as good as Xavi and I'm not exaggerating (and that's apparently exactly what Lucho wants to achieve. A lot will disagree, but that's just what opinions are), I also think Bartra/Montoya can become as good as Puyol/Abidal (again, my opinion).

Sorry for the long post, but I just think we're overlooking potential world class players while looking at other teams who don't play as well as Barca does.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
dhMeAzK.gif

Last edited:

Barcilliant

One thing I've noticed. Barca fans are so quick to look at younger players from other teams and are very quick to neglect their own youngsters, same goes for the older players and all the coaches since Guardiola.

We had Montoya, Bartra, Thiago, Tello and dos Santos last season, and the only one who got good minutes was Tello.
Most of the fans thought none of them was good enough (because they didn't play much) and they were the best at the U21 championships, and then we sold Thiago.
This season we had Montoya, Bartra, Roberto, dos Santos and Tello, and only Bartra played close to enough minutes, and that's because of injuries!
And Bartra performed marvellously, but once the older ones were back, he was back to the bench without reason. Injuries happened again, and Bartra played, and if it weren't for him, Barca would probably have lost the league long before.

Fair enough with dos Santos, injuries have not been too good with him, but what's the excuse with the rest? People thought Bartra was not good enough, he showed that he just needs to be given trust and learn from his mistakes (like all other players ever, cf. Thiago in the beginning of this season - you didn't see Pep benching him), same with Montoya who was great toward the end of the season.
Every time Roberto played he did enough to warrant more playing time, and look here, almost every time he played the full 90 minutes, Barca won with a lot of goals (only once less than 4 goals and they still won), and that includes the 6-1 against Celtic in the Champions League! (for those whose excuse is "he doesn't have experience in the CL", and how would he have experience if he's not played?). Tello was so overlooked that he even had to say his thoughts during the match (don't think he was right, but just shows how he should have felt).

As much as I want us to buy a very good defender, IF we don't buy Benatia, Marquinhos, Laporte, Hummels, it's not the end of the world. We have Bartra and Pique that could be a very good starting defensive partnership. If we get one of them, the better. Same with RB and CM. I can't believe people are going as far as say we should buy 19-21 year olds in Aurier/Torres, when we have Montoya and Roberto, and Godswill and Kaptoum in Barca B next year.

I thought the Thiago saga would have served as a lesson to all fans, but it seems we don't want to learn. Trust in young players and give them enough playing time and they'll repay you with good performances. You don't learn to drive in one day, same goes with playing football at the level Barca plays (otherwise players like Alexis would have taken no time to get used to it). But these youngsters have learned to play the Barca way since they were young. Wouldn't they be more capable of playing better with playing time? Did everyone forget that Xavi was once called the pest (or something like that) of Barca when he was replacing Pep? I agree not all the young players will succeed in Barcelona, but MOST of those aren't fully promoted. The ones who are have a good reason for that, and should get the support of us fans.

For this year, we have a great core of experienced and young players, so whoever comes, we should support all the players, even the younger ones. I think Adama will be better than Tello, but I heard that if no attacker can be bought, Lucho prefers to keep Tello, and if he can play as well as he did last season, I'd keep him until Adama is ready. Roberto has the potential to be as good as Xavi and I'm not exaggerating (and that's apparently exactly what Lucho wants to achieve. A lot will disagree, but that's just what opinions are), I also think Bartra/Montoya can become as good as Puyol/Abidal (again, my opinion).
Sorry for the long post, but I just think we're overlooking potential world class players while looking at other teams who don't play as well as Barca does.

Sorry buddy but players like jds, Tello, Roberto are not Barca material. Batra is and the jury is still out on Montoya. I am sure Adama, Munir and Rafinha will be future first teamers but I dont think Delofeu or Dongou will make it.

Jmho.

ebieymjunior

Sorry buddy but players like jds, Tello, Roberto are not Barca material. Batra is and the jury is still out on Montoya. I am sure Adama, Munir and Rafinha will be future first teamers but I dont think Delofeu or Dongou will make it.

Jmho.

Only time will tell. You can't say this player will be bad, you can't know it. My point is that they must be given a change, and if they don't progress , they're out. Even Bojan got one.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Jmho.

tumblr_m4sx9lDcyL1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

I agree with you on all but Deulofeu. He was one of the best players in the Segunda Division in the 12/13 season. But his injury at Everton really hurt his progress there. But I think he can still be a star here.

spark

tumblr_m4sx9lDcyL1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

I agree with you on all but Deulofeu. He was one of the best players in the Segunda Division in the 12/13 season. But his injury at Everton really hurt his progress there. But I think he can still be a star here.

In fact he was actually officially the best player of liga adelante.

BarçAjax8

@ebieymjunior - long post :yes:

I agree. I think the problem most supporters have is all these new Cash Cow Clubs (Chelsea, PSG, Man City, Monaco etc) who have started a false idea of how football teams are built. People think maybe all the best players are passing us by and we'll be left behind. 10 years ago only teams like Real Madrid would buy all "name" players but now it's commonplace. Barcelona have never been this way and for good reason. We have more trophies than all those Cash Cow Clubs combined.

I hope this on-going Neymar saga shows the board and future board members we don't need spend upwards of 100m on 1 player. With good scouting and bringing in players early to learn our style we can continue to build good teams. Unfortunately, this board has put us in a hole and we'll need to spend some money on a CB & Striker because we are bone-dry in those 2 departments. But we don't need to spend 40m+ on each position.

Alba - Pique - Bartra - Montoya is totally fine with me as a backline but we need a CB who's right on they're heels ready to jump in. The reason I want De Sciglio for R/LB is we need some height and he is also really defensively sound.

ryuken

So you guys come up with that excuse while our defensive problem is clear as day for 4 years? ok.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DinhoR10

So you guys come up with that excuse while our defensive problem is clear as day for 4 years? ok.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think what he meant was yes we do need another defender but Bartra is Barca quality and has proved that and having him as our starting CB isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

BarçAjax8

I think what he meant was yes we do need another defender but Bartra is Barca quality and has proved that and having him as our starting CB isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

Bartra is ready for the starting XI. 61m on Benatia or 30m + Dani on Marquinhos are ridiculous when we can get more versatile/cheaper CBs in Laporte or Juan Jesus. With big hype comes a big price tag and all it will do is unnecessarily force Bartra to the bench.... which he doesn't deserve.

Having 3 solid CBs who rotate when necessary with Mascherano/Edgar as 4/5th backups would give us depth in a position that's needed it for 3 years now.

ivan_barca

Cesk for Koke makes sense to me,even Cesk to be sold to make room for Rafinha is ok, but Cesk for Rakiti4... i do`not get it..

SwiftGuyver

obviously i hope we manage to bring in 2 or 3 quality signings this summer but under Lucho we will see a return to trusting La Masia which i personally couldn't be happier about...

Bartra, Deulofeu, Rafinha & Montoya should all progress & develop nicely under him next season and then we have the likes of Suárez, Halilović, Samper, Adama, El Haddadi, Dongou, Ié & Grimaldo coming through from the B team...

i seriously doubt they will all make it at Barca but we have some really special talents in that list...

Egert

Estonian Culé
A deal on Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic (26) is close. He would cost around 20M, Sevilla considering including Barcelona player. [sport]

I believe this rumor even knowing it is from Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans