Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Rakitic is a quality player, I would be more than willing to give him a chance at Barca.

+1 its essentially trading a small percentage of through ball quality for 100 times better mobility and workrate in midfield not to mention 1 year age difference

spark

I think he is and unlike Cesc, Rakitic brings the same qualities that Cesc has (maybe a little less in terms of though balls) but also immense mobility and workrate essential for the Xavi role

Rakitic cannot play the Xavi role. He can be a viable player for Barca but if people dont move on from this Xavi role pigeon holing of other players this will end in tears too.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
About Rakitic, it isn't about him being or not Barca quality. He is definitely good enough to play for this team. Player is quality. The real question is fit. Does he fit with this team.

As of right now, I'd be willing to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. If Lucho feels that for his new project and his vision for the team, Rakitic fits better than Cesc, for any number of reasons, then I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until I see the product on the field and am able to judge for myself.

But there is not doubt Rakitic has enough talent to play for this team.

Behrox

Rakitic cannot play the Xavi role. He can be a viable player for Barca but if people dont move on from this Xavi role pigeon holing of other players this will end in tears too.

By Xavi role I mean the floating pivot that require mobility and vision plus self-composure. Cesc has 1 and a half of these three

Maria

About Rakitic, it isn't about him being or not Barca quality. He is definitely good enough to play for this team. Player is quality. The real question is fit. Does he fit with this team.

As of right now, I'd be willing to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. If Lucho feels that for his new project and his vision for the team, Rakitic fits better than Cesc, for any number of reasons, then I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until I see the product on the field and am able to judge for myself.

I agree. I don't know Rakitic well enough to give a verdict about how well he would fit at Barca, so I'm waiting to see him play for us. And the one thing that gives me hope is that lately it seems that the players we buy from Sevilla have a much bigger chance to be a succes at Barca than those from Arsenal.

Galning

Well yeah the 'fit' part is always a gamble when buying a player, especially at Barça. Our team is the most difficult to adapt to. When we bought Fàbregas almost everybody thought he'd have no problems adapting as he played in La Masia.

malvolio

I really don't see him performing at a top club(barca, real etc). An option as a sub maybe, but first team? If he was such a special talent he would have been snatched long before, when he was at Schalke.

Behrox

Well yeah the 'fit' part is always a gamble when buying a player, especially at Barça. Our team is the most difficult to adapt to. When we bought Fàbregas almost everybody thought he'd have no problems adapting as he played in La Masia.

I actually was against getting Cesc from the start. He in no way looked to be a player that could succeed Xavi. Rakitic while obviously not as good as Xavi fits the profile much better in a floting pivot role

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I really don't see him performing at a top club(barca, real etc). An option as a sub maybe, but first team? If he was such a special talent he would have been snatched long before, when he was at Schalke.

His stats improved in last two seasons, so he might be in his peak right now.

spark

In the end Man City will come in at the last moment to buy Rakitic to add to their collection of Sevilla Captains. We will then hear Cuadrado can be our Di Maria and play in midfield :party1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans