Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
In the end Man City will come in at the last moment to buy Rakitic to add to their collection of Sevilla Captains. We will then hear Cuadrado can be our Di Maria and play in midfield :party1:

FFS stop giving the board more ideas

malvolio

Well most top midfielders have something special from the start. If I understand correctly Barcelona is selling Fabregas and replacing him with Rakitic. So this guy must be first team ready, because Xavi will be benched more often next season. Xavi, Iniesta, Busquest and Fabregas were all special talents from an early age. They didn't burst on the scene at 26 years of age, at Sevilla.

Affiae

I could never appreciate Fabregas for Barcelona. I liked him for the NT or Arsenal but wasn't ever impressed here. Sure, his through passes can be amazing but he always came off rather insecure in ball control, a bit clumsy, slow, not physical, easy to tackle and lose the ball. The ceiling to reach his performance (that'll sound cynical now) isn't that high and I am sure that Rakitic will hit right through it. Now if you'd ask me about the ceiling of replacing Xavi......

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well most top midfielders have something special from the start. If I understand correctly Barcelona is selling Fabregas and replacing him with Rakitic. So this guy must be first team ready, because Xavi will be benched more often next season. Xavi, Iniesta, Busquest and Fabregas were all special talents from an early age. They didn't burst on the scene at 26 years of age, at Sevilla.

Rakitic just turned 26, and has been a standout at Sevilla for at least 2 seasons, meaning he didn't just "burst on to the scene at 26 years of age." Just because you don't know about a player, it doesn't mean he's not been good or is not being followed.

Barcelona bought Deco at 26 years of age from Porto...

malvolio

Rakitic just turned 26, and has been a standout at Sevilla for at least 2 seasons, meaning he didn't just "burst on to the scene at 26 years of age." Just because you don't know about a player, it doesn't mean he's not been good or is not being followed.

Barcelona bought Deco at 26 years of age from Porto...

I know Rakitic since he played for Schalke. Maybe you should stop questioning my football knowledge and accept that everybody has an opinion.

Behrox

I know Rakitic since he played for Schalke. Maybe you should stop questioning my football knowledge and accept that everybody has an opinion.

Knowing a player and following him is different. If you saw Sevilla's matches you would see Rakitic is a hard-working and technically sound midfielder. He is not ideal but he has the potential and ability to slot into the floating pivot role to be vacated by Xavi. And contrary to the popular trend here its not about having WC players in every position its about the players being able to fit and work well together and fulfill their duties in their respective positions

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

I question your "Rakitic just burst into the scene at the age of 26" comment, when the player JUST turned 26 and has had 2 very good seasons with Sevilla. I also question your rationale that the player must not be that good if he still playing at a team like Sevilla instead of a big time club.

Behrox

I question your "Rakitic just burst into the scene at the age of 26" comment, when the player JUST turned 26 and has had 2 very good seasons with Sevilla. I also question your rationale that the player must not be that good if he still playing at a team like Sevilla instead of a big time club.

+1

Paganinisrvnge

Because Bayern met his buyout. We had no choice.

Which happened only because Tito decided to start Xavi and Iniesta in meaningless games over him when the league was already won. :banghead: He needed to just play a few matches and his buyout would've been raised considerably. He's injury prone anyway, though.

malvolio

Maybe I'm wrong but i don't see him rising to the level of Yaya, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. And yes, we had worldclass quality in all three midfield slots.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Which happened only because Tito decided to start Xavi and Iniesta in meaningless games over him when the league was already won. :banghead: He needed to just play a few matches and his buyout would've been raised considerably. He's injury prone anyway, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong. His contract not only had a games played clause, but it also mandated that for the game to "count" he would have needed to play a minimum number of minutes in those games. And because of this, even if Thiago had played every match after the league was won, the clause would not have been fulfilled.

I might be wrong, but this is what I recall from last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans