Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

Correct me if I'm wrong. His contract not only had a games played clause, but it also mandated that for the game to "count" he would have needed to play a minimum number of minutes in those games. And because of this, even if Thiago had played every match after the league was won, the clause would not have been fulfilled.

I might be wrong, but this is what I recall from last summer.

I don't remember the minutes thing. From what I remember, we could've 1. shown confidence in him and 2. raised his buyout by just starting him the last few matches.

I clearly remember Tito saying he didn't care about contracts and that he would choose whichever starting 11 he wanted.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
That backheel was amazing and also this:

GoodEducatedHoki.gif

SwiftGuyver

i definitely think some people on here are seriously underestimating the talents of Rakitić. i think he could be magnificent for us. i'd like to think most members on here follow La Liga and will have seen him in action a fair bit these last couple seasons but if not check out the ScoutNation vid below, i know you can't gauge everything from a YouTube video but like i say hopefully most of you have watched him for 90 mins before! Great workrate & energy, great at closing down & pressing, skilfull, great passing, provides a goal threat, can score from distance etc etc...

845631406.gif

Lucho, ter Stegen, Halilović, Deulofeu & Rafinha back from loan and possibly Rakitić soon...excellent summer transfer window so far with 2-3 months to go IMO...

we just need a CB or 2, a backup GK and a 'mobile forward'...

L

linetty

Players at barcaforum are either overrated or underrated and Rakitic is unfotunately massively underrated here.

The guy is killing it at Sevilla, he and Iniesta would hummiliate any midfield in the world. I wouldn't be mad if he is to replace Cesc.

malvolio

Isn't his style more direct? Barcelona uses a slow build up, not counter attacks. Sure he may be more mobile than Cesc, but I see the same direct play that we blame Fabregas for.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Here. Rakitic vs Real Madrid at the Bernabeu, playing a deeper role and bossing. Could have had a hattrick if he didn't miss the penalty.

L

linetty

Isn't his style more direct? Barcelona uses a slow build up, not counter attacks. Sure he may be more mobile than Cesc, but I see the same direct play that we blame Fabregas for.
We blame Fabregas for being a lazy ass and a turtle, not for being direct. Rakitic is almost as good at providing troughballs + far more agile/mobile.

Maria

Because Bayern met his buyout. We had no choice.

No, they didn't. We sold him to them for 22Meuros + a friendly or something like that.

Thiago is injured like all the time and we have his brother.

Not all the time, 1/3 of the time in the last 2 years or something like that. And Rafinha was also very inury prone until 2 years ago, but I'm happy to see that he didn't had this problem in his first full season in La Liga.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No, they didn't. We sold him to them for 22Meuros + a friendly or something like that.

They paid slightly higher than the buyout so that they wouldn't have to pay the taxes. Essentially, they met his buyout clause. There was no friendly involved in the deal.

malvolio

We blame Fabregas for being a lazy ass and a turtle, not for being direct. Rakitic is almost as good at providing troughballs + far more agile/mobile.

I thought we were talking about someone to replace Xavi. Rakitic is more like Rafinha, which we already have. :icon_confused:

SwiftGuyver

Rafinha is more versatile than Thiago and has a higher ceiling IMO...

plus he's Lucho's golden boy! he's gonna flourish next season...

Maria

They paid slightly higher than the buyout so that they wouldn't have to pay the taxes. Essentially, they met his buyout clause. There was no friendly involved in the deal.

"WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 07/14/2013 20:00
The agreement to sell the player includes a clause that stipulates both teams will play against each other in a friendly, the match will be played sometime in the next four years"

And we could have forced them them to pay those taxes, but then they would have payed more and we would have won less. So essentially, we sold them because the club needed money to buy TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans