Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

I thought we were talking about someone to replace Xavi. Rakitic is more like Rafinha, which we already have. :icon_confused:
No he's not.

He can finely fill Xavi's boots (he's bossing it in a deeper role).

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
"WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 07/14/2013 20:00
The agreement to sell the player includes a clause that stipulates both teams will play against each other in a friendly, the match will be played sometime in the next four years"
I guess I was wrong then. And yeah, we could have held out to make Bayern pay the taxes, but Rosell probably went, "More money in my, I mean, the club's pockets? Don't mind if I do."

:rosell:

icemanbrfc

People really forget, that Thiago was never going to play much with Xavi, Messi, Iniesta and Pedro doing well. He wasn't patient enough and wanted to play football, so the choice to move and play games was just to difficult to turn down. What Barca should have done with him, is what they did with Delefeou and Rafinha. He should have been sent out on loan, and brought back.

malvolio

No he's not.

He can finely fill Xavi's boots (he's bossing it in a deeper role).

When was the last time that Xavi sat deep and bombed balls forward or charged into the box? "Bossing it" at Sevilla is not the same as "bossing it" at Barca in the Xavi role. Hell, even the best playmaker in the premier league didn't boss it here and he grew up at la masia. I'm not saying that Rakitic is a bad player, far from it. Just not a world class one and surely not one similar to Xavi.

Or maybe we will play differently and not need a Xavi like player.

SwiftGuyver

who cares?! it's done! can we please stop going over the Thiago saga over and over again!

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitić, Rafinha, Mascherano, Halilović, Suárez, Samper...

possibly a move for Óliver Torres or Gündoğan next summer...

we're fine.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
When was the last time that Xavi sat deep and bombed balls forward or charged into the box? "Bossing it" at Sevilla is not the same as "bossing it" at Barca in the Xavi role. Hell, even the best playmaker in the premier league didn't boss it here and he grew up at la masia. I'm not saying that Rakitic is a bad player, far from it. Just not a world class one and surely not one similar to Xavi.

The best playmaker in the PL isn't saying much when you have open defenses and teams like City that couldn't score more than 2 goals accross 2 games against a "weak" Barca defense score 5-7 every match. Cesc is a though ball machine and probably the best at it so I don't know what they saw when they bought him to be Xavi's heir. Rakitic on the other hand is a more complete midfielder. He might not reach Xavi level but he will be solid enough and good enough to fulfill the role assigned to him in Barca thats why I am optimistic with Rakitic more than that with Cesc

Behrox

Xavi is probably the best Spanish footballer of all time...

he is a once in a generation player...

Thats why trying to replace him is futile we should try to get a player that can do well in that position and matches the required qualities for that role instead of a like for like

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The best playmaker in the PL isn't saying much when you have open defenses and teams like City that couldn't score more than 2 goals accross 2 games against a "weak" Barca defense score 5-7 every match. Cesc is a though ball machine and probably the best at it so I don't know what they saw when they bought him to be Xavi's heir. Rakitic on the other hand is a more complete midfielder. He might not reach Xavi level but he will be solid enough and good enough to fulfill the role assigned to him in Barca thats why I am optimistic with Rakitic more than that with Cesc

Besides, Rakitic seems to be more of a player who the management expects to fulfill the Xavi role until one of our Masia youngsters (Rafa, Samper, Kaptoum, etc.) is more experienced, confident, and capable. That said, I still want Koke here over Rakitic, but that seems like it'll never happen.

Behrox

Kaptoum is the only Masia player I see that has the necessary qualities to be Xavi's heir but he needs about 4 years to reach the first team as a squad rotation player. Rafinha is a Xavi/Ronnie hybrid fro me

L

linetty

Cesc was from the start meant to play in attack, be it CAM or false #9. Only delusional people had thought he could replace Xavi. Cesc is lazy as feck and Xavi runs the most of all players in the team.

Many people also want Koke and bossing it at Atleti is not the same bossing it at Barca...completely different style of play/philosophy.

Why are people so obsessed with a player not being similar to the one that he is supposed to replace? Ridiculous.

Behrox

Cesc was from the start meant to play in attack, be it CAM or false #9. Only delusional people had thought he could replace Xavi. Cesc is lazy as feck and Xavi runs the most of all players in the team.

Many people also want Koke and bossing it at Atleti is not the same bossing it at Barca...completely different style of play/philosophy.

Why are people so obsessed with a player not being similar to the one that he is supposed to replace? Ridiculous.
Koke is a gamble. He surely has the technical ability and workrate for the role but his distribution is a big question mark IMO

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
who cares?! it's done! can we please stop going over the Thiago saga over and over again!

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitić, Rafinha, Mascherano, Halilović, Suárez, Samper...

possibly a move for Óliver Torres or Gündoğan next summer...

we're fine.

Dat midfield.

1032.gif

L

linetty

Koke is a gamble. He surely has the technical ability and workrate for the role but his distribution is a big question mark IMO
It is the same with every player, a lot of question marks.

The world doesn't end on Xavi. Life is a gamble.

spark

Rakitic wont fill the Xavi role. Hes too sloppy for that role. If he comes to fill it Xavi will start 40+ games again next season, quote me on that. Let him fill the Rakitic role and go from there. If Im honest I expect Barca will end up playing with 4 midfielders again come april.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans