Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanbrfc

Our key area of concern is at center back. If we bring in Rakitic, then basically we just need a striker and 2 CB options. If Alves leaves, then a right back. But, we have enough money to bring in a top quality center back, so why mess around trying to sign one? I understand clubs dont want to sell, but its unbelievable that we cant tie up at least one right now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Are we really getting Cuadrado? Looks like it. Seems he can play right back, midfield and forward. I have only seen youtube highlights-has anyone seen him over a consistent period of time??

I was just thinking, could Cuadrado be our, expensive, Adriano replacement?

Kohe321

It's funny, every time I check MD or Sports websites, google chrome automatically translates it into english, and when they write about Cuadrado it gets translated into "Square".

Square: ongoing operation. Yes! Let's sign square guys, he's way better than circle.

:pep:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Hey guys! Remember that last guy we got who came from a high profile league to play a position he wasn't used to? Alex Song says hi, so does Mascherano.

So let's do the same thing three times in a row with Cuadrado, brilliant Zubi.

:blowup:

We are gonna spend 20 mil+ for this clown, meanwhile actual young, well-rounded and talented fullbacks like Aurier and Ricardo could each be bought for that amount.

All I'm saying is that the player that is expected to be our starting RB from here forward strongest attribute so far is dribbling, something that has absolutely nothing to do with defending. It makes a helluva lot more sense to me to try and convert a LB (Ricardo Rodriguez) to RB than a RW. A right-back's role is to defend first and then attack. Not knowing when to pick you're times to go forward can't necessarily be overcome by having work rate.

I just don't get it. Not saying it's impossible for him to succeed here but it is a monumental gamble on an unestablished player who will be playing out of his natural position. There are simply better players that are just as available as Cuadrado for the right price and it's frustrating that our board can't make painfully obvious moves.

It seems all it takes is a few cute dribbles and flicks, toss in some through balls and the occasional goal and all of the sudden you have Barça DNA.

icemanbrfc

Hey guys! Remember that last guy we got who came from a high profile league to play a position he wasn't used to? Alex Song says hi, so does Mascherano.

So let's do the same thing three times in a row with Cuadrado, brilliant Zubi.

:blowup:

We are gonna spend 20 mil+ for this clown, meanwhile actual young, well-rounded and talented fullbacks like Aurier and Ricardo could each be bought for that amount.

All I'm saying is that the player that is expected to be our starting RB from here forward strongest attribute so far is dribbling, something that has absolutely nothing to do with defending. It makes a helluva lot more sense to me to try and convert a LB (Ricardo Rodriguez) to RB than a RW. A right-back's role is to defend first and then attack. Not knowing when to pick you're times to go forward can't necessarily be overcome by having work rate.

I just don't get it. Not saying it's impossible for him to succeed here but it is a monumental gamble on an unestablished player who will be playing out of his natural position. There are simply better players that are just as available as Cuadrado for the right price and it's frustrating that our board can't make painfully obvious moves.

It seems all it takes is a few cute dribbles and flicks, toss in some through balls and the occasional goal and all of the sudden you have Barça DNA.

Gareth Bale was originally played at Left Back at Spurs, nearly left them for a couple of million. Its not impossible to convert a player from one position to another, so relax

Trafalgar

We need two big names in the position of CB : Benatia-Hummels-Marquinhos-Mangala .... Mathieu isn't good enough for us and he's 30 for god's sake :lol:

KhaledBarca

If the rumors about us very close to sign Rakitic, Marquinhos, Mathieu and Bravo are true and Cesc/Alexis will leave.

Who do you think should fill the remaining gaps? Do we need another Midfielder other than Iniesta, Rafinha, Xavi, Rakitic, Busquets and Mascherano?

barca_rumors.png

KhaledBarca

We need two big names in the position of CB : Benatia-Hummels-Marquinhos-Mangala .... Mathieu isn't good enough for us and he's 30 for god's sake :lol:
Mathieu would be a temporary solution. He's 30, so he can at least play 2 seasons at high level. He'll be very useful especially that he have the abilities to play the Abidal role.

hulinat

Mathieu isn't even that good. We're the only ones that would pay 10M for him. If Dani Alves is worth 15M, Mathieu is worth 3M max.

F

Flavia

Mathieu isn't even that good. We're the only ones that would pay 10M for him. If Dani Alves is worth 15M, Mathieu is worth 3M max.
He is a good defender. Would be a great addition. I just dont get why he wasnt signed last summer, when he was cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans