Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah. If anything, kun=neymar, and that wasn't working for the argies. But with higuain both upped their games.

Also showed how important Higuain is for Argentina. His smart movement, link up play and also his clinical finishing which surely will be seen in the next games. Im sure Aguero and Di Maria also will do better with Higuain starting the next games. He is often underrated for Argentina with all the talk about Di Maria, Leo and Kun, but he is as important as them for the team to function the best possible way.

JamDav1982

Also showed how important Higuain is for Argentina. His smart movement, link up play and also his clinical finishing which surely will be seen in the next games. Im sure Aguero and Di Maria also will do better with Higuain starting the next games. He is often underrated for Argentina with all the talk about Di Maria, Leo and Kun, but he is as important as them for the team to function the best possible way.

Higuain is seen as one of the 'Fantastic Four' forward line.

He is talked about as much as the other three and often Aguero comes off before him.

It must have just been the fact he was coming back from injury that he was not on from start.

anguy

That depends on what you consider good scouting, what about Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Deu, Adama, Tello, Ceunca? We scout great youngsters. Also halilovic and denis Suarez looks pretty good.

Deu, Adama, Tello, Cuenca, Halilovic and Suarez have shown nothing so far or very little (Cuenca and Tello) on senior level. Your scouts are good, if they can find starters, not just some bench warmers.

zanela

Game today showed Messi-higuain link is amazing. Too bad the rumor is just a rumor.

For ARG, there's more interplay between Leo-Higs (it also reflects in their numbers), than you'll see with Aguero-Leo. Reason: Aguero and Leo are both ball playing forwards, they've similar attacking tendencies and instincts. Which is why I never understood why people here thought Aguero would be the perfect fit for Barca, given he also can't work the right channel. Higs compliments Messi better, because he's more off the ball player, providing an outlet, a target, facilitating the one-two's, and generally more unselfish on the ball. He's also comfortable on the RW (already played there for Madrid in his early years) enabling Messi to operate more centrally.

People here tend to just assume that a friendship can translate to some sort of on-pitch chemistry, when there is li'l evidence so far. Not saying they can't combine, ofc they can. But not as well as what messi-higs can produce together.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Whenever I've seen Higuain, his touch has seemed really mediocre. He was apparently carrying a knock today(?), but he was just off in terms of passing and receiving the ball, I wasn't impressed by him at all.

zanela

You don't seem impressed by strikers not called Olivier Giroud. :p

Yeh, he's still recovering from an ankle injury that he sustained with his club. These were his first mins of any significance in more than a month.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Ive wanted Higuain for ages. Higuain, Vidal would be a real coup for Barca. Xavi is leaving and so is Cesc. We are light in the midfield dept at the moment.

Pepe Silvia

Higuain would be a dream signing for me. I have always been a huge fan of his game. If we go for a mobile number nine, this would be my first choice. The way he floats in and about the box, is smart on and off the ball, and is a boss clinical finisher.

onzeXI

just saying never buy players on the back of a good world cup, should be judged on week in, week out performances.

Fans talk about prices going up based on WC performances all the time. No intelligent manager should ever bump up an offer in that situation, but some dumb ones might ... like a QPR or Cardiff.

onzeXI

I agree, there are good cheap players out there but you can't buy young players who aren't tested in Europe or in big European leagues, it's a big gamble, since we already have Bartra who needs playing time to develop further.

Were young players like Suarez or Bony or Lukaku made to prove themselves in a big league before they went to England? Getting young players before they become big names is what smart managers do no matter where they are.

Higuain is seen as one of the 'Fantastic Four' forward line.

He is talked about as much as the other three and often Aguero comes off before him.

It must have just been the fact he was coming back from injury that he was not on from start.

Argentina didnt play with him in the first half because their coach thought that Bosnia would use two forwards so he choose to play with 3 at the back , when they just used Dzeko on top and the Argentina game didnt go anywhere he made the Changes to give Messi 2 alternatives in front instead of one, we could all see what thee difference that made.

CatalinR10

Higuain (Napoli): "Barça rumours? Every player likes to be linked with them. But I don't know anything, I'm focused on World Cup now."

Higuain (Napoli): "Would I like to play with Messi? Yes, of course. I enjoy playing with him at the national team, so it'd be a great joy."

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans