Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We do need a class CB . Puyol won't last too much longer ...

Maybe, but if we're gonna splash out 35m + for Luiz which is what Chelsea most likely will demand at the very least, then I would rather go for someone like Mangala.

abual3bed1

We need a powerhouse for CB. We have a young CB who's got massive room to improve and a couple of good and just good CBs. Now we need a big name, an established defender that will make strikers fear him.

Cule4life

The Culest
We need a powerhouse for CB. We have a young CB who's got massive room to improve and a couple of good and just good CBs. Now we need a big name, an established defender that will make strikers fear him.

Dear me please suggest this established defender who will make strikers quake in their shoes and will come to Barcelona and will cost anything less than 50m. No one? yeah didnt think so. Why not get a South American powerhouse like Balanta who is young fast and powerful wont demand to start and will not cost a fortune. How much did Dante cost? We should improve our scouting to make bargain buys. If we are only going for big names then we should fire Zubi and hire any barcaforum member who will work for 1/10rd of his pay and still would do a better job.

abual3bed1

Dear me please suggest this established defender who will make strikers quake in their shoes and will come to Barcelona and will cost anything less than 50m. No one? yeah didnt think so. Why not get a South American powerhouse like Balanta who is young fast and powerful wont demand to start and will not cost a fortune. How much did Dante cost? We should improve our scouting to make bargain buys. If we are only going for big names then we should fire Zubi and hire any barcaforum member who will work for 1/10rd of his pay and still would do a better job.

Did you see me suggesting any name there? How is an established CB must be 50m+? Established CB isn't only Thiago Silva and David Luiz and likes of those 2. Balanta looks ok from what I read. I've never seen him in action so I can say nothing on him. Just let me remind you that the last bought CB who made it to the starting XI was Pique, that's 5+ years since that happened. And strikers made their best to avoid facing Pique back in the time. We need a defender like that, if Balanta can do such thing then fine he's great, if not, we seriously need to get a big name that will give both players and the fans the assurances of the backline.

Just answer this question if you please, are you sure that Balanta or any other young south american (who still plays there) CB will establish himself in the team? We've been taking so many risks with CBs that we need to stop it and get a real deal for once.

Cule4life

The Culest
Did you see me suggesting any name there? How is an established CB must be 50m+? Established CB isn't only Thiago Silva and David Luiz and likes of those 2. Balanta looks ok from what I read. I've never seen him in action so I can say nothing on him. Just let me remind you that the last bought CB who made it to the starting XI was Pique, that's 5+ years since that happened. And strikers made their best to avoid facing Pique back in the time. We need a defender like that, if Balanta can do such thing then fine he's great, if not, we seriously need to get a big name that will give both players and the fans the assurances of the backline.

Just answer this question if you please, are you sure that Balanta or any other young south american (who still plays there) CB will establish himself in the team? We've been taking so many risks with CBs that we need to stop it and get a real deal for once.

When was this risk you taking about with Cbs since we haven't bought one in years. (Alex song doesn't count). Not buying a cb and Thiago Silva or no one policy is not risk it's stupidity. Which established defender will you buy then? Vincent kompany? Dante? Thiago Silva? Do you realistically think we can get any of them. It will be Thiago Silva 2.0 again. Great cbs are in short supply these days. We should get a south American youngster (which is still a relatively untapped market)with high potential and groom him into our own world class cb just like bayern did with dante.
And yes I am pretty confident balanta would do well here. If you are asking for a guarantee no-one can give you that. Even kompany can flop here. We have to take a calculated gamble

Last edited:

abual3bed1

When was this risk you taking about with Cbs since we haven't bought one in years. (Alex song doesn't count). Not buying a cb and Thiago Silva or no one policy is not risk it's stupidity. Which established defender will you buy then? Vincent kompany? Dante? Thiago Silva? Do you realistically think we can get any of them. It will be Thiago Silva 2.0 again. Great cbs are in short supply these days. We should get a south American youngster (which is still a relatively untapped market)with high potential and groom him into our own world class cb just like bayern did with dante.
And yes I am pretty confident balanta would do well here. If you are asking for a guarantee no-one can give you that. Even kompany can flop here. We have to take a calculated gamble

What is it with you and Dante? He's been playing in europe for almost 10 years now. The risk we've been taking with Cbs is the experiments we did. Busquets didn't work out, Song failed (he was mainly bought to cover 2 positions), Chygrynskiy, Fontas... non of them worked and only Mascherano did a fine job for a certain period and now he's not doing us any good lately. That's the risk when you keep trying with multi positioned players in such place.

And again, established cb doesn't have to be Thiago Silva and the others. Agger is established, Sakho, Subotic ... There are many great defenders that will cost between 15-25m max. And for Kompany flopping here, of course he might flop if we ever get him, but the risk with him is way less than with Balanta (who again I haven't watched him). We don't have a strong line of defense for Balanta to ease in and take his time to adjust for the system. We can't wait for that to happen, we need a CB that will go right into the XI and partner either Bartra or Pique right away. And when that happens, then we get Balanta or whoever comes from south america.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Diego Reyes from Porto? Can play both CB and defensive CM, reminds me a little about Busi - very technical but needs to eat a little, his legs are even thinner than Busi's :)

Cule4life

The Culest
What is it with you and Dante? He's been playing in europe for almost 10 years now. The risk we've been taking with Cbs is the experiments we did. Busquets didn't work out, Song failed (he was mainly bought to cover 2 positions), Chygrynskiy, Fontas... non of them worked and only Mascherano did a fine job for a certain period and now he's not doing us any good lately. That's the risk when you keep trying with multi positioned players in such place.

And again, established cb doesn't have to be Thiago Silva and the others. Agger is established, Sakho, Subotic ... There are many great defenders that will cost between 15-25m max. And for Kompany flopping here, of course he might flop if we ever get him, but the risk with him is way less than with Balanta (who again I haven't watched him). We don't have a strong line of defense for Balanta to ease in and take his time to adjust for the system. We can't wait for that to happen, we need a CB that will go right into the XI and partner either Bartra or Pique right away. And when that happens, then we get Balanta or whoever comes from south america.

Agger and sakho will strike fear into the hearts of attackers like mandzukic, reus Ronaldo and company? :lol: since you are not willing to give Balanta time to adjust to the system I'm assuming they will fit right in from day one and eat up attackers.for fun. And I assume agger till overcome his persistent injury problems overnight due to the pride of playing for Barca. What are you waiting for zubi snap them up

And try negotiating with Dortmund for subotic. After losing gotze.kagawa and lewandowski they will be in a giving mood. Nothing less than three release clause will do.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Who even is Balanta? Is he one of those overrated Portuguese defenders that costs way too much? Who does he play for?

Also the whole "strike fear into hearts of attackers" thing is rubbish, I'd much rather they underestimate us and get wrecked because they weren't expecting us to be so good, instead of them making plans to avoid a defender and consequently doing exactly that.

jklz

Diego Reyes from Porto? Can play both CB and defensive CM, reminds me a little about Busi - very technical but needs to eat a little, his legs are even thinner than Busi's :)

I was wondering how he was doing, because we apparently were interested in him before. Apparently he has only played 1 game for Porto so far and he has been playing his other matches with Porto B. I doubt that he would really strengthen the squad right now if that's the case.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Who even is Balanta? Is he one of those overrated Portuguese defenders that costs way too much? Who does he play for?

Also the whole "strike fear into hearts of attackers" thing is rubbish, I'd much rather they underestimate us and get wrecked because they weren't expecting us to be so good, instead of them making plans to avoid a defender and consequently doing exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans