Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

abual3bed1

Agger and sakho will strike fear into the hearts of attackers like mandzukic, reus Ronaldo and company? :lol: since you are not willing to give Balanta time to adjust to the system I'm assuming they will fit right in from day one and eat up attackers.for fun. And I assume agger till overcome his persistent injury problems overnight due to the pride of playing for Barca. What are you waiting for zubi snap them up

And try negotiating with Dortmund for subotic. After losing gotze.kagawa and lewandowski they will be in a giving mood. Nothing less than three release clause will do.

Well, if those names get eaten alive by the strikers you mentioned, then Balanta will be just as bad when Bartra played against Bayern, a young defender with yet to be shown potential playing with some really bad defenders who can't even do a basic coverage in set pieces and gets beaten in air by the likes of Muller and Martinez. My point isn't about Agger and Sakho or Subotic, my point is we need a defense leader, not someone who's still 20 or 21. A commander just like Puyol in his day, Marquez and Milito were, then young Pique came along, learned from them and became the world class defender that he was one day. All we have now is an expired Puyol, average not defender Mascherano, past it Pique and a young Bartra. Assuming Bartra will be the main defender soon in the team, I don't think pairing 2 not experienced defenders together will win CL. 2 under 25 year old CB pairing means you get through some games but will get crushed badly in others, mostly the ones that matter the most.

Cule4life

The Culest
Well, if those names get eaten alive by the strikers you mentioned, then Balanta will be just as bad when Bartra played against Bayern, a young defender with yet to be shown potential playing with some really bad defenders who can't even do a basic coverage in set pieces and gets beaten in air by the likes of Muller and Martinez. My point isn't about Agger and Sakho or Subotic, my point is we need a defense leader, not someone who's still 20 or 21. A commander just like Puyol in his day, Marquez and Milito were, then young Pique came along, learned from them and became the world class defender that he was one day. All we have now is an expired Puyol, average not defender Mascherano, past it Pique and a young Bartra. Assuming Bartra will be the main defender soon in the team, I don't think pairing 2 not experienced defenders together will win CL. 2 under 25 year old CB pairing means you get through some games but will get crushed badly in others, mostly the ones that matter the most.

Mate im not even disagreeing with you. Sorry to come off as sarcastic. The thing is that there is a lack of world class defenders you desire on the market. I think it would be better for us to develop our own world class CB buy getting a youngster with high potential. Forget about this years CL. By next years CL he will have enough experience to compete in the CL. I cant stand another Thiago Silva 2.0

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah, youtube. Neymar the striker was called a youtube player and 80% of people were questioning him (myself included), and now you're trying to sell a defender on a youtube clip. That's convincing.
I'm not praising Balanta, nor trying to say we should sign him. Semi-Neutral asked who he is and I gave a youtube video instead of copypasting some wikipedia stuff

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I was wondering how he was doing, because we apparently were interested in him before. Apparently he has only played 1 game for Porto so far and he has been playing his other matches with Porto B. I doubt that he would really strengthen the squad right now if that's the case.

Not right now, you're right - but he did look very promising. We'll have to wait and see, he's just 20 and just arrived to porto this summer.

abual3bed1

Mate im not even disagreeing with you. Sorry to come off as sarcastic. The thing is that there is a lack of world class defenders you desire on the market. I think it would be better for us to develop our own world class CB buy getting a youngster with high potential. Forget about this years CL. By next years CL he will have enough experience to compete in the CL. I cant stand another Thiago Silva 2.0

So you would settle for a long term solution. Waiting for a young CB to develop into a world class one. Well I wouldn't. I say we have a young CB, pair him a current world class CB and then get Balanta and work on him.

Howes

I think David Luiz remains the most likely, tbh I wouldn't be so against the idea of him signing if I thought he'd come in at a relative sensible amount of money. Chelsea paid 25mil for him and would probably want 20mil and for that I just don't think he's good enough, Bartra is playing very well and I'd rather him keep starting games. Having said that I'm struggling to think of any alternatives to Luiz

Also I thought Pepe Reina played well last night. I know he coincided 3 but still,

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So you would settle for a long term solution. Waiting for a young CB to develop into a world class one. Well I wouldn't. I say we have a young CB, pair him a current world class CB and then get Balanta and work on him.

You want an experienced CB? A world class CB? Please name some realistic options then......

F

Flavia

You want an experienced CB? A world class CB? Please name some realistic options then......

That's a problem. Barça needs another top cb, but there isn't any available. So I bet none will be signed. I hope I'm wrong.

DonAK

That's a problem. Barça needs another top cb, but there isn't any available. So I bet none will be signed. I hope I'm wrong.

Exactly. And instead of trying to go around wasting our time, signing someone like Balanta or Mangala might well be a masterstroke. Not to forget that there are guys like Zouma in Ligue 1 as well.

Hummels could be an option, Luiz could be an option, but frankly speaking I don't think any of them are good enough.

DonAK

While we're talking about a CB, I think signing a CM should be on the agenda for the board as well. Especially if Song leaves which is a possibility. Could sign a CB and CM and let Masch rotate at the DM position and also at CB if necessary.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Why would we sell Song and sign a CM? Song is not very good as a lone pivot, as a CM he's amazing, he was one of the best out there at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans