Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar

Alexis+45M is a good deal for Liverpool, They will probably accept it ... but Zubi, for god's sake don't forget about the CB's, ok ? :lol: ...

DinhoR10

It's funny when I watch the defenders of Iran or Ghana put on amazing performances that dwarf the likes of David luiz and his flavor of the month ilk. I'm happy we're not getting Marcos cause he isn't worth anywhere near 40 million. But we're gonna end up paying out the ass for some guy who doesn't improve our defense more than bartra I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

Flavia

If, at the point, you actually believe we'll get him, I'm afraid you're bound to be in for a serious disappointment.

Indeed. I'm almost not waiting for a cb anymore, at this point. Even Mathieu is looking difficult.

mazp

I hope this is not going to be like Beckham signing. The transfers of this caliber are so complicated. I'm sure Florentino Perez is working hard to snatch him away or make sure that Barca pays the highest possible price. If we get Suarez Madrid will be double pissed. They are still furious that they lost Neymar.

It all depends on what Suarez wants to do. If Suarez wants Barca and Barca only, then the price shouldn't be that high. But this is what the boards wants, signing Suarez will make you forget that they couldn't get a CB.

Zincubus

Banned
We will obviously be getting a CB or two , don't think that's in question to be honest . Getting Saurez HAS to be the priority though as he will be a big part of our success for years to come .

Really don't think that money is a problem given that this will be the last "proper" transfer window of opportunity for two years !!

Zincubus

Banned
but Long term there is a lot of really good youngsters Up front so we don't really need to buy someone for that much in Attack but we really do need to buy a Defender who's long term but ready just now. And don't think the Budget's big enough to sign a top CB and Suarez

You really believe that we should trust in our youngsters ??

I can't even name the last young successful striker to come through the ranks ... I had high hopes for Bojan , Giovanni Dos Santos and Gai but none were anywhere good enough ..

GDS looks quite decent now but that's after a few years away.

F

Flavia

Really don't think that money is a problem given that this will be the last "proper" transfer window of opportunity for two years !!

Not 2 years, 2 transfer windows. One year. The winter window in Jan/15 and the summer in Jun/15.

You quoted yourself, btw...

BarçAjax8

It's funny when I watch the defenders of Iran or Ghana put on amazing performances that dwarf the likes of David luiz and his flavor of the month ilk. I'm happy we're not getting Marcos cause he isn't worth anywhere near 40 million. But we're gonna end up paying out the ass for some guy who doesn't improve our defense more than bartra I bet.

My thoughts exactly.
This past season Bartra has shown he belongs in the starting 11 with one consistent performance after the other. This is proof Barcelona don't need to spend 40+million on a CB. What Zubi & Co. need to do is find an agile, aggressive in the air defender who plays regularly.

Juan Jesus, Martins-Indi, Balanta... there's some names for you to google Zubi

Last edited:

DinhoR10

You really believe that we should trust in our youngsters ??

I can't even name the last young successful striker to come through the ranks ... I had high hopes for Bojan , Giovanni Dos Santos and Gai but none were anywhere good enough ..

GDS looks quite decent now but that's after a few years away.

Pedro was the last one. But he isn't a striker unless you meant forward. And as for defenders well bartra is already here I guess he probably saved us a lot of money by showing first team skill.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Indeed, I've given it some thought. And I now believe we should trust in our youngsters. Edgar Ie is 20. Laporte is even younger than that. If he were playing for any other side then Ie would be heralded by the forum users as a star defender in the making. Same for Bartra. But no, they play for Barcelona. And so the fans are quick to overlook them in favor of flashy star names. We should trust in Ie and Bartra. And, instead of being swindled by the highwaymen in charge of AS Roma and PSG, we should turn our eyes toward lesser known targets like Loic Perrin. Perrin, Pique, Ie, Bartra, Mascherano, and maybe even Quintilla, Tarin, and Bagnack from the youth teams if needed is a very, very solid selection of players in defense. And by making our attack more potent with the addition of another proven, regular goalscorer in Suarez (which no matter what you say Sanchez, and not even Neymar yet, are not) we avoid putting undue pressure on our defense.

Last edited:

Crixus

Just for the lol's
Italian club Fiorentina plan to ask 50M for the transfer of Colombian right wing player Juan Cuadrado (26). [sport]

F

Flavia

Just for the lol's
Italian club Fiorentina plan to ask 50M for the transfer of Colombian right wing player Juan Cuadrado (26). [sport]

While Barça value Alexis at 25m. But if this is real I hope Zubi and Lucho give up on him and sign a proper rb.

Zincubus

Banned
Not 2 years, 2 transfer windows. One year. The winter window in Jan/15 and the summer in Jun/15.

You quoted yourself, btw...

I meant that we have to spend big this Summer as the next REAL window will be in TWO Years as we will be banned for next years Summer window . Most contracts apparantly expire / renew in the summer window and that's when the main players become available .

Also the quoting problem is a TapaTalk issue ...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If there is something to Suarez to Barcelona then you'll know when The Guardian, The Telegraph, Sky Sports etc say so. Not shitty MD who are acting like he's already here lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans