Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

I've barely been following rumors because of the WC.

Are we really getting Suarez or is all this talk just nonsense?

Maria

I think we could. Think of Puyol, Valdes, Cesc and maybe Xavi who are leaving. They were on massive wages. Our wage bill is massively reduced now and therefore I think that we could pay his salaray. Doesn't mean that he is worth that but he is certainly affordable

And at the same time they increased the salaries of Messi, Busi, Mascherano, Pique and Iniesta(and Rakitic will probably earn as much as Cesc did, which was 5M euros/year)..plus I don't think that Kroos should earn more than Iniesta or Neymar.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So with all that Luis Suarez controversy derailing the hype train for his signing, I think we should make a move for Atletico's Jose Gimenez. He's a 19 year old central defender, 6 ft 1, and he was very impressive against Italy. Especially that slide tackle of his. So what do you guys think?

Tomchin

So with all that Luis Suarez controversy derailing the hype train for his signing, I think we should make a move for Atletico's Jose Gimenez. He's a 19 year old central defender, 6 ft 1, and he was very impressive against Italy. Especially that slide tackle of his. So what do you guys think?
But if he can't make the starting line-up at Atleti, why would he be good enough for Barca?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But if he can't make the starting line-up at Atleti, why would he be good enough for Barca?

He's a youngster. And Miranda-Godin was too good a pairing to break up. Not to mention that they also had alderweireld. Gimenez only had 1 appearance all season for Atleti after moving to them last summer. And I'd also add that he was damn impressive at the U20 World Cup, where Uruguay finished second.

Butaan4barca

my thoughts exactly.

xavi_the_Boss

I liked him.But have maybe seen only 2-3 matches with him haha.

Bertus

Liked his perf a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans