Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Kid is crazy good isn't he? 2 goals in 57 minutes this season. Has everything we need for when Messi drops back into midfield.

Yeah Munir looks like an exciting prospect. Lets hope his development continues to progress because he is looking like he'll become a stud dynamic striker. Adama and Munir give you a lot to be excited about for the near future.

DinhoR10

He is Pele x2. A superman already.

:tata:

Those 57 mins were as a substitute in two different games if you didnt know and by everything we need I mean the type of player he is not quality yet but has the characteristics we need in a striker.

@Sumlit Yup those two look great. Adama vs Deulofeu will be interesting in the future.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah Munir looks like an exciting prospect. Lets hope his development continues to progress because he is looking like he'll become a stud dynamic striker. Adama and Munir give you a lot to be excited about for the near future.

Which is why I find attacking transfers to be something we file away. As mouth-watering as the likes of Reus/Suarez/Aguero sound, they aren't priorities and with names that big we'll have to devote a lot of funds and time into going for them. Not exactly a great use of our small window. Especially considering we have gems that are not all that far away from the first team.

Midfield transfers are being thoroughly underrated. Do people honestly expect us to cope for the next 2 seasons with key players such as:

-Xavi Runsnomore declining and simply being a "functional" player
-Swaggity Song who can't get out of peoples' way
-Sergi "Catalan Joe Allen" Roberto
-Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde Cesc who is limited and inconsistent, not to mention lacking agility and mobility

Rafinha is talented but will not be relied upon and is not ready to take on huge responsibility yet. Iniesta and Busquets can't be our only WC midfielders. Suarez won't get any playing time and will benefit more from developing himself than being a bench/stands player for us. Samper is benched for the B team ffs, talk about bringing him up in 1-2 seasons is far more unlikely than not at this point.

Honestly Gundogan fit the profile to perfection, but sadly that's not an option. Even if they aren't 100% WC, giving us midfield rotation and Xavi enough rest to play well in big games is the priority.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We could get Borja Valero from Fiorentina. And we could take a look at Pjanic from Roma too. That said I don't watch Roma very often, and somebody here said Pjanic was very inconsistent.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Which is why I find attacking transfers to be something we file away. As mouth-watering as the likes of Reus/Suarez/Aguero sound, they aren't priorities and with names that big we'll have to devote a lot of funds and time into going for them. Not exactly a great use of our small window. Especially considering we have gems that are not all that far away from the first team.

Midfield transfers are being thoroughly underrated. Do people honestly expect us to cope for the next 2 seasons with key players such as:

-Xavi Runsnomore declining and simply being a "functional" player
-Swaggity Song who can't get out of peoples' way
-Sergi "Catalan Joe Allen" Roberto
-Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde Cesc who is limited and inconsistent, not to mention lacking agility and mobility

Rafinha is talented but will not be relied upon and is not ready to take on huge responsibility yet. Iniesta and Busquets can't be our only WC midfielders. Suarez won't get any playing time and will benefit more from developing himself than being a bench/stands player for us. Samper is benched for the B team ffs, talk about bringing him up in 1-2 seasons is far more unlikely than not at this point.

Honestly Gundogan fit the profile to perfection, but sadly that's not an option. Even if they aren't 100% WC, giving us midfield rotation and Xavi enough rest to play well in big games is the priority.

Agree with everything, except I think Reus for Alexis upgrade is a valid argument because Adama and Munir might still be a couple of years removed from serious contributions to the first team.

But yes, in a nut shell, I totally agree midfield transfers are being completely underrated and I have had words with a lot of people over here who disagree with this. The looming ban makes the prospect of going the next 2 seasons with a status quo on the current midfield something very worrisome indeed.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Agree with everything, except I think Reus for Alexis upgrade is a valid argument

I'd be open to Reus coming but it seems something that would require too much of our pursuit for something that has a low probability of occurring. If the dealings ran smoothly and all parties agree (including Alexis's side of leaving), then of course it's the logical route. However trying to specifically bring in that big of a name and send out one of our own is a complex matter that requires an amount of effort that we shouldn't be willing to give considering we have other, more glaring worries. We can survive without Reus, other areas I seriously doubt.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'd be open to Reus coming but it seems something that would require too much of our pursuit for something that has a low probability of occurring. If the dealings ran smoothly and all parties agree (including Alexis's side of leaving), then of course it's the logical route. However trying to specifically bring in that big of a name and send out one of our own is a complex matter that requires an amount of effort that we shouldn't be willing to give considering we have other, more glaring worries. We can survive without Reus, other areas I seriously doubt.

Valid point, though I still hold hope they can move with swiftness and shore up some signings early on so they can concentrate on the trickier ones. If the possibility exists and would not be a detriment to other areas, getting that upgrade on the forward line would be very much welcome.

L

Learo

Im more inclined to believe that whoever plays alongside Messi in our system will struggle. Look how Pedro and Alexis shined when Messi was out. No one wanted any of those out then. But then Messi is back again, and goals from our other forwards are drying up again. Its been going on for years now. And lets face it, Villa was a flop for us, no matter how we slice it.

Rumours right now that we've agreed a deal for Athletic Bilbao's Laporte. Tele Bilbao and Deportes reporting it.

Deportes: "Aymeric Laporte will be joining FC Barcelona in the summer. Agreement signed for 36M."

Quoting a guy who broke the David Villa transfer 3 or 4 weeks before it happened.

Guerrero just said on Tele Bilbao... "Txiki Begiristain told me they can not sign Laporte because he has contract agreement with Barca."

Neal Faradinho

Im more inclined to believe that whoever plays alongside Messi in our system will struggle. Look how Pedro and Alexis shined when Messi was out. No one wanted any of those out then. But then Messi is back again, and goals from our other forwards are drying up again. Its been going on for years now. And lets face it, Villa was a flop for us, no matter how we slice it.

Before Messi got back from injury we played direct football which suited our attackers, but now we play slow, possesion football and none of our attackers, not even Messi seems to be at their best.

Before Messi got back from injury we played direct football which suited our attackers, but now we play slow, possesion football and none of our attackers, not even Messi seems to be at their best.

it' all about tactics, not the personell
if you buy Reus just so he can be a servant to Messi, just as Alexis/pedro, that would be pointless.

KING XAVI

wow,people have started to blame Messi again,the fact is that Alexis was never good enough to play for Barcelona,he doesn't suit our system....he is not that great a dribbler,hasn't got Barcelona vision,poor finishing,.....and not that quick when it matters,and always falls down before making the crucial pass and he generally didn't offer us anything new,

Ustari

Mou, res!
wow,people have started to blame Messi again,the fact is that Alexis was never good enough to play for Barcelona,he doesn't suit our system....he is not that great a dribbler,hasn't got Barcelona vision,poor finishing,.....and not that quick when it matters,and always falls down before making the crucial pass and he generally didn't offer us anything new,

wow at people blaming everything at Alexis

Barcilliant

wow at people blaming everything at Alexis

Alexis has his moments but he is not Barca material-period!

I would cash in on Alexis while we can and buy a powerful number 9 like Bacca from Sevilla. He'd come at a decent price and wouldn't demand a starter spot. I actually think he would play quite a few games if we went to a more direct style.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You know that's he's our most productive player behind Messi? He's second only to Leo in goals and only to Cesc in assists (19 goals and 15 assists if you're wondering), I have no idea how he's the first one of our forwards to not be Barca level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans