Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilS

Wow, what a quality keeper to get in Bravo! There will be real competition for the #1 spot. Bravo is the real deal.

Barca's chances in Copa have gone up with this signing, same with Barca's chances in all competitions when the first choice keeper is not able to play, or when a keeper goes into a slump. Whoever winds up #1, whoever winds up #1A, Barca will always be able to have an excellent keeper on the field.

I'm surprised Bravo took this job, very few keepers of his quality would join a team that already has Ter Stegen.

This is a very fine signing, this is continued good work by team management this off-season. But until a CB gets added, I have to try to not be too invested in this team. It's just too painful to care too much about such an unbalanced squad. It's even worse than being a fan of the Argentine World Cup team.

SeloBarca

Only reason people think its worse is becouse its so weird.

I also think trying to injure someone, kickcing on someone laying down, headbutting someone or elbowing someone in the face is worse.

Duder

Any chance this four month-thingy will be shortned? If Zubi really wants him, I guess this would make him cheaper.

Devils

Not in the same context as biting someone? Are you saying an intentional brutal tackle or elbow to the face is somehow not worse than a bite?!? That's pretty crazy.

Suarez 4 month football ban is utterly ridiculous. If they wanted to escalate the punishment, they should have given him a 15 game international ban. That would have been proper punishment.

On top of that, FIFA themselves have NEVER punished Suarez. When he received his 10 match ban it was for domestic football only, FIFA did not seem interested in getting involved then. Now, they seem perfectly ok to escalate a punishment they never gave to begin with, and also extend it to all manner of football as well.

It is this type of lack of cohesion and lack proper and patterned procedure that makes FIFA the big joke it is.

-His 10 match ban was an already escalated punishment from his first bite.
-You cannot honestly expect FIFA to completely disregard his previous offenses (even though they weren't directly involved) and treat it like it was the first time he has done it. That's just stupidity. The outrage of them doing that would make them look even bigger of a joke than what you make this punishment to be.

Also for the last time, I'm not saying that the physical harm of being bitten is the same as breaking an ankle. Pepe got a 13 game ban for his first time assault on that player. for Saurez's first bite he got 6 or 7 matches.

If Pepe were to assault a player like that 3 times, he would probably be banned for life and be incriminated under assault charges, which he wasn't the first time. Get it through your head.

JamDav1982

-You cannot honestly expect FIFA to completely disregard his previous offenses (even though they weren't directly involved) and treat it like it was the first time he has done it. That's just stupidity. The outrage of them doing that would make them look even bigger of a joke than what you make this punishment to be.

Also for the last time, I'm not saying that the physical harm of being bitten is the same as breaking an ankle. Pepe got a 13 game ban for his first time assault on that player. for Saurez's first bite he got 6 or 7 matches.

If Pepe were to assault a player like that 3 times, he would probably be banned for life and be incriminated under assault charges, which he wasn't the first time. Get it through your head.

Do you think Suarez deserves less a ban if he smashes his elbow into the skull of Chiellini?

As for this idea that ban is fair because he repeats the same thing over and over... Zidane got a three game for a headbutt - not the first time he has done that or been sent off in World Cup.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm saying that the likes of Pepe should get long bans too. Why are people acting like a kick, headbutt or elbow is nothing and a bite is suddenly miles worse? It's all violent play.

Egert

Estonian Culé
With move to Qatar or US having become complicated, Xavi will consider his future during his holidays. It's not ruled out he'll stay. [md]

Xavi trolling us :lol:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

It is ridiculous because if Suarez had just elbowed the crap out of Chiellini, instead of biting him, he would have, without a doubt, gotten a WAY shorter ban. That is how ridiculous this is. People are overreacting massively because this was a bite.

Chainsaw

Killahead
It is ridiculous because if Suarez had just elbowed the crap out of Chiellini, instead of biting him, he would have, without a doubt, gotten a WAY shorter ban. That is how ridiculous this is. People are overreacting massively because this was a bite.

Get over it man. It's over.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think Suarez's ban has more to do with intention than the act itself. A late tackle, a headbutt after a player insults you're sister, a raised elbow during a tussle in the box, those are more just rush of blood to the head type of situations. Its the heat of the moment that makes players react violently in those sort of situations. With Suarez however not only has he done such a thing on multiple occasions but he is doing that so he can play the odds a bit and maybe not get caught, at least during the game. A bite is much harder to see as a ref than an overtly violent act. So its more premeditated and that's why he is getting so much heat now.

I really, really hope this shows everybody on here why he should NEVER have the honor of playing for our club. For all those goals he will score, he will do something like bite a player that diminishes everything that is good about him and I don't want a fuck like him to further tarnish the image of our club. I'll take Jonathan Soriano any day of the week over Suarez because he is a true professional who conducts himself in the correct manner.

i_bleed_blaugrana

While I agree 4 months is a bit(e) :pep: much, he deserves at least to miss the rest of the WC and some of the beginning of next season as well. There simply is no place for that sort of behavior in football and I'm glad FIFA are cracking down on him.

So can anyone sell me on Mathieu being a success here since it seems he's destined to come. I am simply not sold on him and I think he will be a waste of a spot and a waste of money. The idea is to get someone who is BETTER than Pique and Bartra and I'm sorry, Mathieu isn't out and out better than either. If it isn't an improvement on what we have now, why waste time on getting a sub-par replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans