-They publish it
-Barcelona sees what Sport and MD publish
-They decide to seek those players

Result? We get Agger.

All DonAK's fault. ALL!!!

Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif

Egert

Estonian Culé
Several Barcelona sources say that Fiorentina right wing player Juan Cuadrado (26) is now Barcelona's priority signing. [cope] :facepalm:

Trickykid

Agger is a very good cb. Again it seems people are making groundless assumptions based purely on... Well, nothing at all.
If we could get him for 12-15M, we could do a lot worse for a squad player than Agger, and if - I have absolutely no idea how, seeing how different they are - him and Cuadrado somehow excludes oneanother, hell, sign Agger asap then!

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I don't see what is wrong with Agger either, I watch him every week. Is it just the injuries (understandable to be concerned about), or do people actually think he's not a good player?

Trickykid

I don't see what is wrong with Agger either, I watch him every week. Is it just the injuries (understandable to be concerned about), or do people actually think he's not a good player?

Exactly. The injuries does of course concern me too, but if he'd be signed mainly for depth and healthy competition, I'm all for it. Hell, if he could stay fit, I could easily see him become a starter too.

And now that you guys have signed Lovren, I'm guessing Rodgers would be even less reluctant to sell him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Agger is a very good cb. Again it seems people are making groundless assumptions based purely on... Well, nothing at all.
If we could get him for 12-15M, we could do a lot worse for a squad player than Agger, and if - I have absolutely no idea how, seeing how different they are - him and Cuadrado somehow excludes oneanother, hell, sign Agger asap then!

I don't know man.... He has had a lot of troubles with injuries and all that. It's quite a risky signing tbh. The last thing we need is a CB signing who might spend more time at the physio's room than on the pitch.

XaviMessiGirl

Exactly. The injuries does of course concern me too, but if he'd be signed mainly for depth and healthy competition, I'm all for it. Hell, if he could stay fit, I could easily see him become a starter too.

And now that you guys have signed Lovren, I'm guessing Rodgers would be even less reluctant to sell him.

I think he will be the most likely to go out of any CB. Which in a way is unfortunate because he's the one with the most passion for the club.

Trickykid

I think he will be the most likely to go out of any CB. Which in a way is unfortunate because he's the one with the most passion for the club.

Do you know if he has had a personal fallout or something with Rodgers, or did he simply prefer Sakho and Skrtel for tactical reasons?

Trickykid

I don't know man.... He has had a lot of troubles with injuries and all that. It's quite a risky signing tbh. The last thing we need is a CB signing who might spend more time at the physio's room than on the pitch.

True, of course, and his injuries history is scary. But still, in 11/12 he managed 34 games, 12/13 39 games and last season, while he was out of favour for the majority of the season, he played 21 games, so it's not like he's like to miss whole seasons, even though it certainly could feel like it,

Kerrybai

Agreed hes a quality player, one without ridiculous hype so he could be bought for a good price.

Tomchin

So Lucho would be delighted that Alves stays, yet Cuadrado is his top-target? Confusing stuff.

I've always been a huge fan of Agger, but his injuries are worrying indeed. Oh well, if Marquinhos and Benatia arent available, then maybe he could be a good short-term solution.

icemanbrfc

Why not take the Cuadrado money, and buy a quality defender :( keep Alves, and give Delefeou and Pedro the chance to run down the right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans