Bayern München

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What a jerky reaction from Guardiola, for waving off Caleb Porter, the MLS All Star's coach, who has been trying to shake hands with Guardiola after the game. Acting like a little girl who got his feelings hurt.

I understand he didn't want his Bayern players to be hurt, and there were two rough challenges against Shaqiri and Schweinsteiger that pissed him off, but waving Porter off and directing his Bayern coaching staff not to shake hands with him is just too childish.

This is football. If you don't want to accept the possibilities of fouls like that, don't come over to the US to play.

Three wonderful goals from Lewa, Wright-Philipps and Landon Donovan. MLS All Stars won 2-1.

Zebulun

haha, i just commented on this in the pep thread. but yea his reaction was way out of character. I'm a big Pep supporter and i think he went a bit far.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MLS All Stars played REALLY well, to my surprise. This is a team that was assembled on the dime and got together for only a few days and they were playing like they have played together for seasons. Very impressive. And their discipline was really top-notch.

Zebulun

Agreed, however in bayern's defence they had a lot of inexperienced players on the field and most of their world cup players only just came back from holiday so they were really lacking rhythm. I was impressed by the crowd turn out. MLS soccer is really growing by the minute. not sure if bayern will be as powerful as they were in 2013 again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Agreed, however in bayern's defence they had a lot of inexperienced players on the field and most of their world cup players only just came back from holiday so they were really lacking rhythm. I was impressed by the crowd turn out. MLS soccer is really growing by the minute. not sure if bayern will be as powerful as they were in 2013 again.

Of course, pre-season is nothing, not indicative at all. However, I watched all of Bayern's pre-season games so far, today's was the best from their opponents' stand point. I just felt the MLS All Stars played far better than the other teams like Gladbach, Wolfsburg and Chivas did against Bayern, which fielded the same group of players pretty much. The only player who was not playing today was Ribery.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What a jerky reaction from Guardiola, for waving off Caleb Porter, the MLS All Star's coach, who has been trying to shake hands with Guardiola after the game. Acting like a little girl who got his feelings hurt.

I understand he didn't want his Bayern players to be hurt, and there were two rough challenges against Shaqiri and Schweinsteiger that pissed him off, but waving Porter off and directing his Bayern coaching staff not to shake hands with him is just too childish.

This is football. If you don't want to accept the possibilities of fouls like that, don't come over to the US to play.

Three wonderful goals from Lewa, Wright-Philipps and Landon Donovan. MLS All Stars won 2-1.

The tackles were unnecessarily harsh, which is odd for a friendly. However I was surprised at the childish reaction as well.
The Americans don't like whiners and losers, which as of last night, we obviously are.

Lewa doing great again was the only positive thing that came out of last night's match. Talk about a promo tour gone wrong.

Last edited:

Die Bayern

I do, even without reading the comments. Unnecessary reaction that marred the end of the tour. Should have acted more classy instead of being a, well, cunt. I love the bloke a lot, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Home of Barca Fans