Bayern München

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Probably because they have less teams, they can afford a longer break. Is Holland's break the same length?

Bertus

Popularity contest or not, people were asked to vote based on their own opinion and they did, they shouldn't be chastised for how they voted or who they voted for.
It should be in the rules that fair votes should be enforced.

The Bd'O is about awarding the best players/coaches around, not voting for your friend or out of chauvinistic/biased opinions.

France voting for Benzema en masse is a biased/chauvinistic vote. People who did vote that did it wrong and didn't understand for what they were voting.

FYI there was a big debate here in France and journalists trashed France's votes, because as I said, voting Benzema was biased votes, nothing else, and the Bd'O should not be about that.

They even brought up the excuse of not following players enough to make a fair vote. But that's a bad fallacy leading to a horrible excuse. If you don't have enough knowledge to vote, then let somebody else do it.

Last edited:

Kohe321

The Bd'O is about awarding the best players/coaches around, not voting for your friend or out of chauvinistic/biased opinions.

France voting for Benzema en masse is a biased/chauvinistic vote. People who did vote that did it wrong and didn't understand for what they were voting.

FYI there was a big debate here in France and journalists trashed France's votes, because as I said, voting Benzema was biased votes, nothing else, and the Bd'O should not about that.

Couldn't agree more. After looking at this years votes, as well as the world 11 team and the winning coach... The whole award has lost all credibility and meaning. Messi could might as well just skip it next year and focus on the trophies that truly matter, the ones you win with your team. The whole Balon d'Or ceremony evening has become a parody.

And yes, I would still think so even if Messi won.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

FYI there was a big debate here in France and journalists trashed France's votes, because as I said, voting Benzema was biased votes, nothing else, and the Bd'O should not be about that.

They even brought up the excuse of not following players enough to make a fair vote. But that's a bad fallacy leading to a horrible excuse. If you don't have enough knowledge to vote, then let somebody else do it.

Very much agreed.

The way I see it, the media representatives/journalists are the only ones that are somewhat credible (even with them, I wonder how and why these particular journalists, not others, were selected? ), those NT captains and coaches, especially those from Europe and South America, will always vote for their teammates and friends, knowing that such records will be made public.

So we either exclude all team captains and coaches from voting, or not make the voting records/who voted for who public (which is certainly problematic as it is inviting secrecy and corruption).

Kohe321

If they made the votes secret, it would only be a couple of years before suddenly Real Madrid won all the awards there is to win by voting. :lol:

Bertus

Very much agreed.

The way I see it, the media representatives/journalists are the only ones that are somewhat credible (even with them, I wonder how and why these particular journalists, not others, were selected? ), those NT captains and coaches, especially those from Europe and South America, will always vote for their teammates and friends, knowing that such records will be made public.

So we either exclude all team captains and coaches from voting, or not make the voting records/who voted for who public (which is certainly problematic as it is inviting secrecy and corruption).
Pretty much.

Last year, Ribery won the jounalists' votes. http://www.eurosport.fr/football/ba...n-dor-des-journalistes_sto4087423/story.shtml

And before the voting system changed, the good old Bd'O was only about the journalists' votes because they are the ones following entire seasons and precisely know for what they are voting since they have the knowledge for it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But I'd argue even these journalists might not and can not possibly be watching and following every single game all the tops players are in so even their opinions have been somewhat influenced/compromised by headlines and hype.

Bertus

But I'd argue even these journalists might not and can not possibly be watching and following every single game all the tops players are in so even their opinions have been somewhat influenced/compromised by headlines and hype.
I'll dare saying that while you will still have some retarded votes, it would still be better than the comical system we have right now.

And I also think that the current system is rotting everything. You sure will have more and more journalists voting for whatever the f*** they want since they "know" serious votes will lead to nothing anyways.

What do you think most of them thought when they saw Ronaldo winning and Ribery ending up #3? Some of them will just go the "FU I can make retarded votes too" route in the future. Because since doing it seriously lead to nothing, why would they bother?

We're at this point already if you watch the votes this year. Even among the journalists, you have more and more retarded/biased votes because no one actually gives a fu*k.

I'm sure they spend 3 minutes max on it when they are asked to pick who to give their votes.

Neymessi

Read somewhere that alaba recieved his last yellow 3 years ago.Is this true?How can you be a defender and not get a yellow for 3 years?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You can make the same case for the players. It's not like Lewandowski etc. have watched every single Penaldo and Messi match over the last sure, in fact I'm fairly sure that the average football journalist has a much better judgement than the average football national captain.
Players are mostly concerned with their own situation as players, their families and the things they enjoy as a hobby, not so much other football players. For journalists however, it's their fuckin' job.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can make the same case for the players. It's not like Lewandowski etc. have watched every single Penaldo and Messi match over the last sure, in fact I'm fairly sure that the average football journalist has a much better judgement than the average football national captain.
Players are mostly concerned with their own situation as players, their families and the things they enjoy as a hobby, not so much other football players. For journalists however, it's their fuckin' job.

Sure, less so than the players, but still susceptible to hype and the overarching narrative, that is my point.

Home of Barca Fans