Bayern München

nnao

Well ok then, you are surely entitled to your estimation. So alba is ranked 19th of all LB?

Yeah, in the top 3 leagues with at least 10 games played in that position.

Looking at players in general, the top few are Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, Hazard, de Bruyne, Ribery, Neymar, Alexis and James, in that order, so their ratings generally pass the eye test.

I still think Alba is pretty good though.

Alen

Yeah, in the top 3 leagues with at least 10 games played in that position.

Looking at players in general, the top few are Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, Hazard, de Bruyne, Ribery, Neymar, Alexis and James, in that order, so their ratings generally pass the eye test.

I still think Alba is pretty good though.

I guess i'm not that objective :lol:

Can you post a link to these ratings? I'm curious.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Alba over Alaba? Not a chance, the latter maybe a better player but the former offers alternative which no one else could. Messi long ball over the defense and alba running to get on the end of it like a madman. That is a great alternative imo. Does Alaba provide that? Alaba is a player we don't need right now. Dani is not getting younger and we need to have an attacking FB. Unless we get an attacking RB as replacement i wouldn't trade alba for anyone.

nnao

Alba over Alaba? Not a chance, the latter maybe a better player but the former offers alternative which no one else could. Messi long ball over the defense and alba running to get on the end of it like a madman. That is a great alternative imo. Does Alaba provide that? Alaba is a player we don't need right now. Dani is not getting younger and we need to have an attacking FB. Unless we get an attacking RB as replacement i wouldn't trade alba for anyone.

You mean the other way around right?

And I don't really see what you mean by needing an attacking FB. Do you not think that Alaba is an attacking FB? Last season when he played LB regularly, he had more assists, chances created, key passes, goals, etc. per game than Jordi Alba has this season. One of his best aspects is his ability going forward and link-up play with Ribery.

Not that I fault you for choosing Alba, but I'm just confused by that statement.

Neeraj

Yeah I think he used former and latter wrong. But I agree with Alba>any other LB in world football today. He provides a plan B - pure, unadulterated pace - which nobody else could give us. And tbh I think he's a fairly good defender for his build - he's tenacious, and once he anticipates a ball, he uses his afterburners to cut them out. That he's a midget isn't his fault :\

Home of Barca Fans