Bayern München

Sterlingfan2000

These Player will miss the clash against Barcelona according to bild

Arjen Robben, David Alaba, Franck Ribery, Robert Lewandowski,Javi Martinez , Holger Badstuber ,Tom Starke and maybe Claudio Pizzaro

FC B

If Lewandoiwski won't play the first leg we must take advantage of this absence too. I bet he'll be back for the return leg at their stadium where Bayern in very strong...

StarLord

I think it's due to the lasting effect of the EPL and Manchester United in its heydays. The EPL does have the advantage of one thing: English.

During the past 25 years the EPL had three excellent seasons in Europe with their traditional Big 4 doing their work, even then they only one CL during those years. That was pretty much it. Yet, as the EPL has faltered more and more in Europe and La Liga has soared again (remember than in the 2000s, La Liga was kicking arse as well) the English clubs still managed to increase their revenues massively from TV rights as well as sponsors. So, win another CL this year (preferably vs Real Madrid) and hammer the point home to the rest of the planet on who the boss really is. This EPL money train must be countered somehow.

So, to return to your point, the only reasons I can see for EPL popularity is superior marketing, and just as you said the English language as well as British colonial legacy.

Sterlingfan2000

During the past 25 years the EPL had three excellent seasons in Europe with their traditional Big 4 doing their work, even then they only one CL during those years. That was pretty much it. Yet, as the EPL has faltered more and more in Europe and La Liga has soared again (remember than in the 2000s, La Liga was kicking arse as well) the English clubs still managed to increase their revenues massively from TV rights as well as sponsors. So, win another CL this year (preferably vs Real Madrid) and hammer the point home to the rest of the planet on who the boss really is. This EPL money train must be countered somehow.

So, to return to your point, the only reasons I can see for EPL popularity is superior marketing, and just as you said the English language as well as British colonial legacy.

Theres one Problem, People watch Premier League more than Champions League. I was in Asia and some didnt even know Champions League.

StarLord

I rate Bayern higher than us, slightly. But with all these injuries and when looking at the momentum, its the perfect time to beat them.

1. I rate Barca higher than Bayern. We have been far superior to them this season and it is not even debatable.

2. We are still uncertain about their injury outlook, but if they will be missing Robben (their best player) Ribery (ageing, but I do not think they have much better options than him) Lewandowski (Muller can take his place I think, but still) and Alaba, we should definitely be clear favorites. Not bang on to win, but clear favorites nonetheless.

StarLord

Theres one Problem, People watch Premier League more than Champions League. I was in Asia and some didnt even know Champions League.

As much as people mock most of your statements (and rightly so) I am sure that there is a certain truth in that and that explains a lot of the craziness we are witnessing lately. In the last few years, the EPL clubs have been failing in Europe in ever more embarrassing ways, yet the TV and commercial deals have only gotten bigger and bigger. It pisses me off no end.

Yannik

[tw]593349982830362624[/tw]

[tw]593350172131876864[/tw]

[tw]593350505230917632[/tw]

--------------------------------------

and Thiago is ok.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They can pack the midfield and play only muller up front. They can park the bus and guardiola has done this before in desperate circumstances.

If they get a result then all they have to do is get the job done in Munich. I am not scared of them and have massive confidence in Barca, but I still respect them.

Btw bernat is a good left back and rafinha is decent too. Their defence is strong.

StarLord

They are not real football fans then. Who cares what they think.

The point is that they don't think anything, they are only familiar with the EPL while the rest of European football is non-existent for them, it does not even register in their brains. This is clearly because they are utterly clueless about the game of football in general. In any other world, this would just have been hilarious and lol worthy, but in a global capitalist environment it spells doom for us if something doesn't brake the trend. This means that the EPL is getting literally drowned in cash, while we are left trailing miles away. EPL international TV rights totally dwarf all the rest of the leagues combined. United's shirt sponsorship deal pisses all over our own. This can't be right.

Home of Barca Fans