Bayern München

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Gosh their season is sort of turning out to be like our 2012 season... well sort of. They thrashed us full of injuries i wonder if the same will happen. Still, i would have hoped to play the best Bayern.

StarLord

Mainland Europe actually knows how to build winning teams even th less money thanks to good scouting/knowledge of football.

Look at the team juventus have for very little money and the structure of winning they have. Compare that to joke teams like city and arsenal who throw around their money.

The money isn't too big if a deal. And the big clubs like madrid Barca bayern, will always be more attractive to genuine wc players.

If the EPL financial advantage (which is all but inevitable for the foreseeable future) is kept in some kind of proportion, then I am not worried one little bit. But if it continues to grow (and it is growing at an appalling rate) then we (as well as the rest of continental Europe) are bound to suffer immensely. Forget about history, prestige etc, the financial leverage of the EPL is bound to reach a tipping point at some stage and once that happens the best players will pool in the EPL. Hopefully there is still time to reverse this. The Chinese market is untapped, La Liga must move swiftly. My suggestion is to reduce the number of teams in the top flight (hence fewer games) and have some of them played in Chinese cities. I know it sounds terrible, but sometimes painful decisions must be taken. Otherwise we are getting monkey-hammered by the English clubs, it will only be a matter of time.

Edit: Juventus have not been cheap at all:

Top spenders* in Europe sice 2002:

1. Chelsea (777.0)
2. Man City (705.4)
3. Real Madrid (682.3)
4. Manchester United (682.6)
5. Barcelona (478.8)
6. PSG (423.7)
7. Liverpool (362.8)
8. Bayern Munich (335.0)
9. Juventus (264.2)

*Net spending.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The epl is already buying players but they have no clue of how to build winning teams with a good structure atm. Other teams in Europe are doing very well on less money.

mehdimike

Gosh their season is sort of turning out to be like our 2012 season... well sort of. They thrashed us full of injuries i wonder if the same will happen. Still, i would have hoped to play the best Bayern.

Really , exept pouyol and masc who was injured???
How can any barca fan compare that with this situation?

5aeuir.jpg

And Kroos was also injured!!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If the EPL financial advantage (which is all but inevitable for the foreseeable future) is kept in some kind of proportion, then I am not worried one little bit. But if it continues to grow (and it is growing at an appalling rate) then we (as well as the rest of continental Europe) are bound to suffer immensely. Forget about history, prestige etc, the financial leverage of the EPL is bound to reach a tipping point at some stage and once that happens the best players will pool in the EPL. Hopefully there is still time to reverse this. The Chinese market is untapped, La Liga must move swiftly. My suggestion is to reduce the number of teams in the top flight (hence fewer games) and have some of them played in Chinese cities. I know it sounds terrible, but sometimes painful decisions must be taken. Otherwise we are getting monkey-hammered by the English clubs, it will only be a matter of time.

Edit: Juventus have not been cheap at all:

Top spenders* in Europe sice 2002:

1. Chelsea (777.0)
2. Man City (705.4)
3. Real Madrid (682.3)
4. Manchester United (682.6)
5. Barcelona (478.8)
6. PSG (423.7)
7. Liverpool (362.8)
8. Bayern Munich (335.0)
9. Juventus (264.2)

*Net spending.

Still much less than English clubs and the current team doesn't cost much. Their figures are inflated with early 2000s transfers and around about 2010 when they wasted money on the likes of diego (once again proving money means nothing, it's how you spend it). At the moment juventus are spending their cash better than any English club.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know, but how much longer do you think can this last?

Hmm, I'm not sure. It is a problem no doubt but I am just reassuring that the proper clubs in Europe know what they are doing and can handle themselves. Several european clubs also have money eg madrid bayern and barca. So the absolute top players will go there leaving the English to feed off on the likes of ozil and Sanchez as we see currently. They will flash their cash but apart from chelsea I dont see a single English club that looks like they could build a solid CL contending club from top to bottom atm. Very poor management at those clubs.

Home of Barca Fans