Bayern München

Trickykid

Irony? Or do you really know so little about Neuer's career?

Even the great Oliver Kahn was considered a horrible penalty killer for many years btw, until he went into super-titan mode in 2001, when it really counted and saved no less than 3 penalties against Valencia. I bet Valencia's players were pretty surprised that night, since he was such a "shit" penalty killer, or so they thought.
No, I literally mean he's the worst keeper ever.

Mayhaps.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

No, I literally mean he's the worst keeper ever.

Mayhaps.

That statement in relation with the previous sentence could also be interpreted as "worst keeper at [at penalty-killing]". That's why I was asking.

EdmondDantes

If there's one glaring flaw I've noticed with Bayern is how poor Alonso has looked all pre-season, and poor again tonight, and to top it off, he missed a penalty. Time for Vidal I think, that was Pep's mistake, taking off Thiago and not Alonso. And Muller should have stayed on the field as well.

BerkeleyBernie

If there's one glaring flaw I've noticed with Bayern is how poor Alonso has looked all pre-season, and poor again tonight, and to top it off, he missed a penalty. Time for Vidal I think, that was Pep's mistake, taking off Thiago and not Alonso. And Muller should have stayed on the field as well.

Pep's tactics were strange. Basically vacated the midfield except for Alonso, with Thiago pushed way to the left and high. Bayern looked to be playing a 4-1-xxxxx. Pep should have had Thiago drop back in with Alonso to add some fluidity through the middle. Vidal appeared to play more of that roaming role, once he came on for Thiago.

I agree, would have preferred to see Vidal on for Alonso, and have Thiago drop back further to help tie play together through the mid.

Guardiola subs Mueller off in a big game and they lose. He never learns.

He seems not to.

Müller and his teams have a track record. They win with him - they loose without him.

It is like in the groundhog day - you know the minute Müller gets subbed in matches like this they'll loose. You just do not know how it will happen.

And it has nothing to do with his play - yes, he has a penalty quote 90% of better and only did not score 2 unimportant ones and he is great in scoring late goals. It seems like everybody on the pitch knows that they now have no chance anymore to win.

JamDav1982

He seems not to.

Müller and his teams have a track record. They win with him - they loose without him.

It is like in the groundhog day - you know the minute Müller gets subbed in matches like this they'll loose. You just do not know how it will happen.

And it has nothing to do with his play - yes, he has a penalty quote 90% of better and only did not score 2 unimportant ones and he is great in scoring late goals. It seems like everybody on the pitch knows that they now have no chance anymore to win.

What big games have they lost when Muller has been taken off?

Home of Barca Fans