Bayern München

barcafan161

whats boateng gonna do? i don't think its a matter of boateng or not, he isn't that good of a defender to make a difference versus our front three. he isn't nesta ffs.

while an upgrade, it still depends on barca complacency or motivation and lucho vs. pep tactics.

He's arguably one of the best defenders in the world and without him their defending has been questionable at best. Going forward they are still strong as most.

B

beautifulgame

thats fair enough. i think he is an athletic defender and definitely an improvement on their guys but i don't rate him as highly as most do.

what your saying is of course true, his athelticism and experience would be a huge upgrade on the defense they played against juventus but i don't believe it matters that much for our chances against them. i feel if this team comes up like they have in all our past big games bar PSG loss then i'm confident.

edit: im more concerned about how their play on the wings this year than anything. anyway, atleti is more than an formidable foe so none of this may matter.

Last edited:

gasgas

I am scared of douglas costa/robben/coman vs our fullbacks.

There will certainly be blood.
Just a reminder, juve parked the bus that game

Trickykid

I am scared of douglas costa/robben/coman vs our fullbacks.

There will certainly be blood.
Just a reminder, juve parked the bus that game

I'm pretty sure the Bayern players aren't looking forward to a hypothetical rematch vs. our wingers either...

gasgas

I'm pretty sure the Bayern players aren't looking forward to a hypothetical rematch vs. our wingers either...

They are more advantaged than they were last season when we met. This time they welcome lahm instead of rafinha, alaba instead of bernat, vidal instead of schweinsteiger, then add robben, costa and coman.

They wont be the same bayern we faced

They have improved on their weaker areas

barcafan161

They are more advantaged than they were last season when we met. This time they welcome lahm instead of rafinha, alaba instead of bernat, vidal instead of schweinsteiger, then add robben, costa and coman.

agreed, they are better for sure but given how much they struggled against Juve they will certainly need to be better

Trickykid

They sure hid it well against Juve.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What do you guys think their weaknesses are?

I am with gasgas, I am nervous to think how our wing backs will do against their wingers which they could not utilize to their fullest last season.

Last edited:

Trickykid

What do you guys think their weaknesses are?

I am with gasgas, I am nervous to think how our wing backs will do against their wingers which they could not utilize to their fullest last season.

Of course their wingers will cause us serious harm, but don't make them better than they are. Just like Lahm and Alaba shouldn't be overestimated - Lahm in particular, who's not even close to the player he used to be. Alaba, while obviously class, is no demigod, and was repeatedly humbled against Juve. Nerman and Messi should cause them loads of trouble.

About their weaknesses, then I think it's obvious that old man Alonso crumples under heavy pressure - perhaps the position where we completely outclass Bayern. That and counters.

I know Bayern were weakened when we faced then last season, and if we face them again, it will most likely be a 50/50 tie, but this notion that they have more means to hurt us than we they, is silly. Again, let's not forget that they're extremely lucky to even have qualified for this stage of the tournament. A Juve team without 3 of their perhaps most important players, should've put them to the sword, but was only foiled by bad luck and the referee...

Yannik

Of course their wingers will cause us serious harm, but don't make them better than they are. Just like Lahm and Alaba shouldn't be overestimated - Lahm in particular, who's not even close to the player he used to be. Alaba, while obviously class, is no demigod, and was repeatedly humbled against Juve. Nerman and Messi should cause them loads of trouble.

About their weaknesses, then I think it's obvious that old man Alonso crumples under heavy pressure - perhaps the position where we completely outclass Bayern. That and counters.

I know Bayern were weakened when we faced then last season, and if we face them again, it will most likely be a 50/50 tie, but this notion that they have more means to hurt us than we they, is silly. Again, let's not forget that they're extremely lucky to even have qualified for this stage of the tournament. A Juve team without 3 of their perhaps most important players, should've put them to the sword, but was only foiled by bad luck and the referee...

well Bayern had about the same number of players out there, they were equally weakened

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

By wingers I was referring to Robbery and Co-Co vs. Dani and Alba.

Home of Barca Fans