Bayern München

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago is so good.

This Bayern team is playing really sublime football. They have something we had before: Inevitability to score and win games.

BerkeleyBernie

Thiago *is* playing the Xavi role, but is a better driving attacker and finisher than Xavi. It's clear he has studied Xavi and learned his scanning style and positioning; watch his head. As Xavi has said about himself, he hates to lose the ball more than anything else. Thiago, of course, protects the ball, but 1) isn't quite as conservative, and 2) simply makes more mistakes. I can't fault him for the second- that's part of his maturation. he's getting better and better, and with more and more playing time and experience, he's on track to becoming one of the best holding midfielders of his generation.

JamDav1982

Thiago *is* playing the Xavi role, but is a better driving attacker and finisher than Xavi. It's clear he has studied Xavi and learned his scanning style and positioning; watch his head. As Xavi has said about himself, he hates to lose the ball more than anything else. Thiago, of course, protects the ball, but 1) isn't quite as conservative, and 2) simply makes more mistakes. I can't fault him for the second- that's part of his maturation. he's getting better and better, and with more and more playing time and experience, he's on track to becoming one of the best holding midfielders of his generation.

He has not been playing the 'Xavi role' for the majority of Bayern games I have seen this season. Granted did not watch him today.

But in the games I have seen he has been given more freedom to get further forward and more freedom and it has been other players that have been a bit deeper and controlling possession.

Zebulun

Of course there was no buy back clause included in his sale, so we'll have to pay full price for this player sooner or later. I'm still shocked how easily he was allowed to leave. Makes you you wonder if messi was breaking through at 17 under Tito subbing for guily every now and then if he'd still be here.

Home of Barca Fans