Bayern München

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course there was no buy back clause included in his sale, so we'll have to pay full price for this player sooner or later. I'm still shocked how easily he was allowed to leave. Makes you you wonder if messi was breaking through at 17 under Tito subbing for guily every now and then if he'd still be here.

There is no way that Bayern will sell him back to us, at any price. Stop dreaming about a goner. Let's focus on the better Alcantara. ;)

JamDav1982

Well then it's even a stronger case for no buy-back if you pay more than you have to there's no way you'll do the club another favour.

They would never agree a buy back clause regardless of how easy Barca were to deal with. No need for them to.

Although there was some negotiation and they paid more than his buy out.

F

Flavia

They would never agree a buy back clause regardless of how easy Barca were to deal with. No need for them to.

Although there was some negotiation and they paid more than his buy out.

It was something done to avoid the abusive spanish taxes, if I'm not mistaken.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern paid his buy-out clause. No negotiation was needed with Barça and thus no buy-back option.

No, as a sign of friendship and good will, Bayern actually paid MORE than the buyout clause.

edit: Ok, was already mentioned by someone else. Nvm.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No, as a sign of friendship and good will, Bayern actually paid MORE than the buyout clause.

edit: Ok, was already mentioned by someone else. Nvm.

He'd have cost more if Bayern simply paid the buyout because then they'd have to pay the taxes. So they negotiated an actual transfer fee that was less than the Buyout+taxes.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

He'd have cost more if Bayern simply paid the buyout because then they'd have to pay the taxes. So they negotiated an actual transfer fee that was less than the Buyout+taxes.

Jeez, no wonder the Spanish state is in crisis, given such ridiculous tax laws.

F

Flavia

Jeez, no wonder the Spanish state is in crisis, given such ridiculous tax laws.

Yeah... It was not with a sign of friendship or goodwill :p
It was just because it would financially benefit both teams. You guys got a great player really cheap. Barça board was stupid.

Maria

Yeah... It was not with a sign of friendship or goodwill :p
It was just because it would financially benefit both teams. You guys got a great player really cheap. Barça board was stupid.

I still think that they really needed the money..let's not forget that besides Neymar, Tito also wanted Thiago Silva. And for that they had to get rid of Abidal, Villa and Thiago.

F

Flavia

I still think that they really needed the money..let's not forget that besides Neymar, Tito also wanted Thiago Silva. And for that they had to get rid of Abidal, Villa and Thiago.

If the reason was Silva, then it was even dumber... Psg would never sell, or ask for far too much.

JamDav1982

That's not the case.

Villa left because he was no longer going to be in the first eleven and wanted to leave. Added to that his wages were due to increase massively at a time he was declining as a player.

Abidal left because the medical staff no longer believed he could play at the top level.

Thiago left because he wanted to and there was a fairly low buy out in place.

They were not gotten rid of to try and get Silva. Each case had its own reasons for why those players left.

F

Flavia

Is it true Beckenbauer said Pep is wasting Gotze as a striker?

"It doesn't make much sense to play Gotze as a striker," Beckenbauer told Sky90.

"You are not doing the little guy any favours when you put him up front against three giant defenders. Gotze is nowhere to be seen any more when one of them coughs. It's simple as that.

"Bayern would be wasting his potential in this position. Of course, he could play there, but you don't get the best out of him in that position.

"I think he'd be at his best behind a striker. He is much more dangerous in that position."

Meitux

Tbh i never was of the idea that Gotze would make the ideal false 9 or whatever you call him playing in the center there. He's doing the job by having that attacking midfielder role drifting into the wings, free most of the times. He can put away some goals but he's not a goalscorer. He can offer more playing as attacking midfielder than false 9 for me personally.

Home of Barca Fans