Bojan Krkic

Eetu

Adormit
Just found out... had I known yesterday, I could've taken a walk of half a kilometer down the road, crossed it, picked a spot to sit down as the hill starts to slope down. Then I would've had a great view to watch him and Jeffren (plus the rest of the U21 squad) train, while enjoying the sun shining from a clear sky. :banghead:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
[Finmode]Joo o, kyllä söisi! :p.

Onneksi Helsingistä on niin saamarin pitkä matka, ettei edes harmita... EIPÄ :([/Finmode]

Yeah, would suck no? :p

Luckily Kotka's so freakin' far away from Helsinki, I don't even feel bad...NOT :(.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Had couple of decent shots on goal and scored a well-taken penalty. Besides that, however, looked a bit lost.

The whole U-21 squad played rather crap and had plenty of misplaced passes accompanied with extremely lousy finishing. Jeffren missed a sitter and the rest of the midfield beside Javi Martinez looked extremely suspicious.

Eetu

Adormit
[Finmode]Joo o, kyllä söisi! :p.

Onneksi Helsingistä on niin saamarin pitkä matka, ettei edes harmita... EIPÄ :([/Finmode]

LOL, jep, nakersi ihan mukavasti. Varsinki ku tuli avoimesta ikkunasta ajoittain kuulunutta kaukasta hurrausta ihmeteltyä (tehdessä ite ei niin mitään töitten päätyttyä aikasten). Kuusamossa seittemän vuotta viettäneenä täytyy kuitenkin huomauttaa, että etelässä sanan 'kaukana' käytöstä tulis seurata sanktioita :lol:

Today didn't start too well either. Enough people had got sick for my work day to go from the planned five hours to nine. Basically I ran away early, somewhat jogged back home, got a quick shower and got out just in time to catch the last bus. As I got to the stadium they were already announcing the line-ups and I pretty much missed them. However, I was lucky enough to choose the corner from where I was able to witness Jeffren doing his thing (at half-time I switched to the corresponding spot at the other end).

Had couple of decent shots on goal and scored a well-taken penalty. Besides that, however, looked a bit lost.

The whole U-21 squad played rather crap and had plenty of misplaced passes accompanied with extremely lousy finishing. Jeffren missed a sitter and the rest of the midfield beside Javi Martinez looked extremely suspicious.

As the game wore on, I started to feel like I was watching Ibra on a bad day. As he didn't see much of the ball he started to drop to midfield. Then came switching to wings (and Jeffren as CF). However, he earned that PK himself and it was well deserved. Also the sitter that Jeffren missed was set up by Bojan. As the defenders grew more tired, he kept his level and the skills started to show every now and then.

It was also nice to see so much of the game go through Jeffren. He was doing good things, but the lack of space didn't really suit his pace. I was surprised with him cutting in so seldom though, playing on right wing and all.

And I must second the notion of Javi being on another level compared to the rest of the mids.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
As the game wore on, I started to feel like I was watching Ibra on a bad day. As he didn't see much of the ball he started to drop to midfield. Then came switching to wings (and Jeffren as CF). However, he earned that PK himself and it was well deserved. Also the sitter that Jeffren missed was set up by Bojan. As the defenders grew more tired, he kept his level and the skills started to show every now and then.

It was also nice to see so much of the game go through Jeffren. He was doing good things, but the lack of space didn't really suit his pace. I was surprised with him cutting in so seldom though, playing on right wing and all.

And I must second the notion of Javi being on another level compared to the rest of the mids.

I can't really blame Bojan, as he got practically no service at all. The midfield was non-existent and nowhere to be seen, which did not help the situation. I'm glad we let Mérida go, as he was crap imho. He definitely did NOT honour the #10 he was wearing.

I was glad seeing Jeffren tear the defence to shreds with his sheer speed and I bet that Finnish LCB and LB are not too eager of facing him too soon. Him missing that sitter was a real shame, as it would have been a great goal.

Eetu

Adormit
I can't really blame Bojan, as he got practically no service at all. The midfield was non-existent and nowhere to be seen, which did not help the situation. I'm glad we let Mérida go, as he was crap imho. He definitely did NOT honour the #10 he was wearing.

I was glad seeing Jeffren tear the defence to shreds with his sheer speed and I bet that Finnish LCB and LB are not too eager of facing him too soon. Him missing that sitter was a real shame, as it would have been a great goal.

Yeah, the creativity just wasn't there in the midfield and he was properly marked from the start. There was a defender not more than a meter away following him, tugging his shirt, talking and trying to step on the toes before Bojan had even got a touch on the ball. The reference was only because on Ibra-scale that would have been a match of at least three pages of abuse in here ;)

With Mérida it was brilliant play in small spaces at times and then total lack of comprehension of the game once the field opened.

I was quite surprised with how well it went for our LB, Sumusalo I think, in the end. All the ingredients of a disaster were there and he was suffering, but luck did seem to be on his side as he was beaten only a couple of times. Throughout both halves people around me kept going on about how "that number seven" is quite scary.

Ps. I do hate that "Reply to thread" button. Still not quite awake, I managed to delete my post twice. Must get my :coffee:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Yeah, the creativity just wasn't there in the midfield and he was properly marked from the start. There was a defender not more than a meter away following him, tugging his shirt, talking and trying to step on the toes before Bojan had even got a touch on the ball. The reference was only because on Ibra-scale that would have been a match of at least three pages of abuse in here ;)

With Mérida it was brilliant play in small spaces at times and then total lack of comprehension of the game once the field opened.

I was quite surprised with how well it went for our LB, Sumusalo I think, in the end. All the ingredients of a disaster were there and he was suffering, but luck did seem to be on his side as he was beaten only a couple of times. Throughout both halves people around me kept going on about how "that number seven" is quite scary.

Ps. I do hate that "Reply to thread" button. Still not quite awake, I managed to delete my post twice. Must get my :coffee:

I can't really say whether it was due to lack of creativity, or just the fact that none of the youngsters played direct and managed to sometimes ruin the simplest of things. The midfield (bar Martinez) and Diego Capel were utterly frustrating to watch and they had me screaming at my laptop's screen quite a few times. Passes were too inaccurate or had too much weight on them way too often, some of the players ruined the play by messing up the obvious in terms of passing and what tipped me off was that the whole creativity was basically on the shoulders of Jeffren, Martinez and Bojan.

Mérida wasn't too great. Yes, he did operate in tight spaces, but that was about it. He couldn't open up the field nor could he dictate the tempo.

I have to give it to Finnish NT. They played quite well and were extremely organized at the back, despite of giving out that penalty with a late tackle (Ojala?). What comes to luck, Finns seemed to have barrels of that yesterday. There were handful of situations where Spain could have finished off the game, but had no luck whatsoever.

Ps. I did enjoy Jeffren on the wing and he seemed at times to be just too much for Finns :D

Eetu

Adormit
I can't really say whether it was due to lack of creativity, or just the fact that none of the youngsters played direct and managed to sometimes ruin the simplest of things. The midfield (bar Martinez) and Diego Capel were utterly frustrating to watch and they had me screaming at my laptop's screen quite a few times. Passes were too inaccurate or had too much weight on them way too often, some of the players ruined the play by messing up the obvious in terms of passing and what tipped me off was that the whole creativity was basically on the shoulders of Jeffren, Martinez and Bojan.

Mérida wasn't too great. Yes, he did operate in tight spaces, but that was about it. He couldn't open up the field nor could he dictate the tempo.

I have to give it to Finnish NT. They played quite well and were extremely organized at the back, despite of giving out that penalty with a late tackle (Ojala?). What comes to luck, Finns seemed to have barrels of that yesterday. There were handful of situations where Spain could have finished off the game, but had no luck whatsoever.

Ps. I did enjoy Jeffren on the wing and he seemed at times to be just too much for Finns :D

First of all, good call on Diego Capel. For me he really was the most frustrating thing the field. Had he tried to stay on his feet every now and then, he might have been able to actually get something done, but no. The passing was somewhat off in the middle, but it did also seem like the only allowed options when picking a pass were to give to who ever was next to you or to put a high cross to the wings. Those few times they tried something a bit more complicated through the middle, were also the ones when defense wasn't sure what to do.

Yeah it was Ojala, but the tackle was actually just perfect. The only problem was that it wasn't the usual Veikkausliiga player. :) Already when I saw what he was intending to do, I was freaking out. It was like watching two films playing at different FPMs. The most lucky single thing for Finns was having Hrádecký as the keeper. He saved the team more than once.

Let's hope we get to enjoy Jeffren more this season, rather than him getting injured every time things start to look good for him.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
he was a waste of space on the pitch. i really want him to succeed but pep will never play him in a near future if he puts out a performance like that again.
no passes completed. no shots on target. nothing at all.

Home of Barca Fans