Bojan Krkic

Richard.H

Bojan was a prodigy, but then stopped further improvement. Perhaps he'll be a late bloomer once...

We don't have time to say "one day his time will come". We need urgent help in attack and last time I checked this is Barca not Arsenal. We play for the present, not the future.

Merv

But Barca are also known for fielding their homegrown players. It's unfortunate that all this pressure is put on Bojan to suddenly step up and perform because there is a short supply of strikers. Yes, it's his time to prove himself but as someone (and I can't remember who at the moment) said in chat, he is on the field with a big gorilla on his back, so to speak. With all the added time he is getting he should settle down soon. I haven't lost complete faith in the boy.

If he stays this way I'm very, very afraid that he might get loaned out

Dude, if he stays this way, then Bojan has to get loaned out!

Beware! His disastrous playing style is harming us.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

But Barca are also known for fielding their homegrown players. It's unfortunate that all this pressure is put on Bojan to suddenly step up and perform because there is a short supply of strikers. Yes, it's his time to prove himself but as someone (and I can't remember who at the moment) said in chat, he is on the field with a big gorilla on his back, so to speak. With all the added time he is getting he should settle down soon. I haven't lost complete faith in the boy.
It is a mental problem he is having, Merv. The worst kind really. Not for a lack of talent that's for sure. He is very talented just can't seem to get it in gear. Today was his chance to really bring back that late last season form he impressed with but he. Failed.

Merv

I figure it's all mental. The boy knows how to score. It's not a talent that just disappears. That's why I'm not panicking yet because he can still prove it. It's just hard not to panic because there are so little options up front. The pressure is obviously a factor for him. More pressure because there are less strikers to divy it up.

It's quite sad I had to look up how to spell 'panicking'.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
a striker without mentality is useless. if he is mentally weak then it is pointless keeping him. a striker more than any position needs to motivate themselves and not worry when there is a bad patch. you can have talent and still be bad.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Thank the powers that be that international break is coming up, because with Pedro injured our attack seems weaker than ever...

Merv

But how does a striker build a strong mentality? Surely all good strikers have failures they have to work through in order to make themselves stronger? It's how they react afterwards that atests to their character. Or I would think so. I could be talking out my arse for all I know because I've never been a striker. Bojan is going through some growing pains. Unfortunately its televised. :/

Hamzah

High Definition Member
valencia away is going to be tough as hell

But how does a striker build a strong mentality? Surely all good strikers have failures they have to work through in order to make themselves stronger? It's how they react afterwards that atests to their character. Or I would think so. I could be talking out my arse for all I know because I've never been a striker. Bojan is going through some growing pains. Unfortunately its televised. :/

strikers are natural goalscorers are born with a goalscoring mentality. you have it or you don't. you get crap players that are good goalscorers because they have a good mentality.

Merv

valencia away is going to be tough as hell

strikers are natural goalscorers are born with a goalscoring mentality. you have it or you don't. you get crap players that are good goalscorers because they have a good mentality.

Does that mean you get good players that can't score because they have a poor mentality? Is that the category that Bojan falls into in your opinion...?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
January transfer windows, been a long time since it's proven to be useful for Barca...It's just a number but the kid is not worthy of a #9 shirt just yet...Curious to see how he 'rebounds' from performances like these when needed/expected to shine, or if he will

El Mesías

Give this kid a chance. He is the reason why Ibra sat on the bench for the ending part of the season. What he needs now is confidence from his peers and fans, not more pressure that might just break his career

Home of Barca Fans