Bojan Krkic

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So Bojan didn't go to South Africa but his career could be marked for doom with a dire performance in North Africa?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Imo. it's not the question of quality. It's mostly buckling down under pressure and lack of confidence.

XaviMessiGirl

Imo. it's not the question of quality. It's mostly buckling down under pressure and lack of confidence.

This. I don't question his quality at all, he has shown that he is capable of stepping up and being fantastic. However, there's definitely a confidence issue, I don't know if it's nerves about proving himself or what, which is weird because I would think he would have had that problem last season instead of now. But either way that's making him a liability, and since our squad is so thin especially up front we have no choice but to play him.

I have faith in him still but the question is when will that faith turn into reality. Which is why I think he may need to be exposed to going out on loan.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And what do you do for players who are having confidence issues?...You try everything you can think of, which I believe Pep is doing...After that, loan?

F

Flavia

He made a nice assist to Maxwell, but that was it... That 1 on 1 showed that he's lacking confidence and nerves. I think 11 was his lucky number, shouldn't have changed to 9.

XaviMessiGirl

Amazing to say it but several fans called this early, that giving him the #9 was premature

Yeah that's probably it, there's the added pressure... it should be just a number but everyone knows what a #9 is "supposed" to do so that's what's freaking him out. Sad because I was quite excited the day he got it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah that's probably it, there's the added pressure... it should be just a number but everyone knows what a #9 is "supposed" to do so that's what's freaking him out. Sad because I was quite excited the day he got it.

Agreed although I think I would've preferred him to earn it with the first team as opposed to the gesture it turned out to be due to whatever other reasons...I've said this for a few years, few players coming out of La Masia have arrived to the first team with more pressure than the kid...I commend him for the way he's handled himself but I still feel like you can see it in his face (Ok, maybe his eyebrows)...Confidence is lacking

The skill, talent etc. is there...Just gotta get some Leo cold killer Villa attitude into him...Just worried that it isn't going to happen here...That perhaps the loan idea makes the most sense...Send him to Sevilla, Villarreal or Racing or something

Pepe Silvia

Chicharito > Bojan :(:(
End of last season Bojan = current form Chicharito

I'm sure Chicharito will find himself in goal droughts as well. That's just how it goes.

Bojan needs to stop measuring himself up against Messi and Villa and Pedro and anyone else. He is always looking around for support. He is very talented, and once he finds himself, he will destroy shit. It is not a matter of "if" for me, it is a matter of "when".

Home of Barca Fans