Bojan Krkic

DucdeOrléans

Indeed but I think he will show his worth when he plays more games in a row. It happened last spring and I can see it happen again this year, even though he has been horrible so far as mentioned before. He was not good either until spring last year but somehow he showed his worth with crucial girls and better overall play than BigNose.

Last edited:

WaveGnom

In my opinion the problem was that he was promoted to early to the first team. This is his 4th season with the first team, and to be fair I can't say he has developed the way we hoped. Preferably he should be getting regular playing time with the B-team for several seasons now, developing without the pressure and taking his time, gaining self esteem on his way. I guess Bojan is the one we rushed too fast and never will manage to develop into the player we all hope he will become. He has been given a lot of confidence so far, and I agree with that decision, but we can't give him endless confidence. Exactly at which point we should break it up I don't know, but somewhere down the path we have to realize that sadly it didn't work out for him after all. I start to feel that maybe we are coming close to that point now.

He still has an ok name in Europe and we could probably still get a decent amount of money for him. Right now he is one of the weakest links in the team together with Milito and ever injured Jeffren, and I don't see him improve much at all. Milito is probably on his way out this summer, and who knows what will happen to Jeffren if he can't stay healthy. I'm not saying we defenately should sell Bojan, but it ought to be open for discussion at this point as it's not looking too bright for his future.

BerkeleyBernie

As I said before, go back and watch a game (with the starting squad) and see what Bojan does off the ball. I find it difficult to find fault with how he plays. When he's involved in the play, he's efficient. When's he not (most of the time), he's stretching the field, making runs, drawing defenders. It doesn't draw spectator attention, which is why some people call him "invisible." I disagree- he's busy supporting the team, and does a good job of it. As David Villa said, Bojan "...is doing things well, even though he’s not scoring goals."

Galning

As I said before, go back and watch a game (with the starting squad) and see what Bojan does off the ball. I find it difficult to find fault with how he plays. When he's involved in the play, he's efficient. When's he not (most of the time), he's stretching the field, making runs, drawing defenders. It doesn't draw spectator attention, which is why some people call him "invisible." I disagree- he's busy supporting the team, and does a good job of it. As David Villa said, Bojan "...is doing things well, even though he’s not scoring goals."

Cruijff said the same.

J

Johan Cruyff

Arsenal have been very interested in him. Do you believe a possible trade with Cesc included? Bojan + money for Cesc maybe?

Elite-BkD

The problem with all the "wait, he'll be great" Bojan needs is that we don't have a decent backup striker now. Last season he was good, this season he's been shit. Hopefully no one will get injured, but we need someone else, till Bojan "is ready".

That's not a problem with that when sentiment when it's a response to the notion that Bojan sucks and will never be any good.
Naturally if the argument is we need some cover for the short term while Bojan is able to produce, then pointing out that Bojan will be amazing one day would be meaningless.

Galning

Release the Bojan!

releasethekraken.gif

Home of Barca Fans