Bojan Krkic

gimmick

Hopefully he is back soon to put some pressure on the front three (and by front three I mean Henry). I have a bet with a buddy he will hit 20 or more this season. I have a good feeling about his season.....assuming he is fit again soon.

beef-supreme

I love Bojan, he needs to be back ASAP because the thin squad will soon take its toll.. We can't have Messi starting and finishing every game, thankfully we have Pedro there, but with Henry then moving into the middle... Iniesta shifts possibly to the left. And then Xavi and Keita have to play every match in the middle, with Busquets and Yaya rotating the DM spot :sad:

beef-supreme

In the current Barca squad he is more likely to get a place as winger, on the left side, because there's less competition there. Therefore he can show what he can do better in that position. Imo though I think that Bojan would be perfect playing in the hole, for example in a 4-4-1-1 formation, or others that use a forward/playmaker. Bojan has shown a great eye for passes but not the through balls that a midfielder like Xavi could make. Instead he can play a good ball to a CF like Ibra, who would hold the ball and let Bojan dart past him, who can then score.
That's a very unlikely formation for Barca though and so I'd see him at his best as a central striker for us.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Is he better as a left/right winger or as a striker? What do you guys think?

When i watched him as a winger a year ago i really didnt like what i saw. He definitely got better now, but imo he is still better as a striker. He lacks both the overview and passing (and esp. crossing) to set up opportunities for the CF (although he is clearly improving there over time), and i think he is too ineffective in 1-1 situations i.e. dribbling. He on the other hand is quick, agile, thus able to evade opponents marking and has a strong finish. IMo his strengths make him a CF rather than a wingerl.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh I agree. Someone who's shown time and again how good a finisher he is (all those youth scoring records!) needs to be up top. His movement and eye for goal is good, his pace is realtively quick, and his feet are quick enough to give him an advantage when trying to get a shot in. Out wide he's less effective as he doesn't naturally run at defenders, he prefers to run away from them. He's a finisher rather than a creator. He needs to carry on improving his upper body strength so he doesn't get bullied in the middle, but he has the talent. Missing him right now with the injuries.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
well bojan is back training with the first team :party00231::party00231: great news as the week international break will help his injuries have more time to heal and hopefully he will be back full force after the break, we need a super sub off the bench and even starting so ibra can rest.

Home of Barca Fans