Bojan Krkic

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
He was more then good enough under Frank or any of the Spanish under age teams , Pep isn't faultless see plenty of players u bought which when they bust u all point towards Txiki and just relate the good ones to Pep, Eto'o anyone ?

As Meta said he needs minutes , Pep kept him on the bench for the majority of the first half of last season he lost form

What about Etoo? I don't see us missing him right now :ibra: :wave:

Considering Pep's been in the job for just a year and had little or no say over last summer's moves I think we're correct in our analysis of transfer successes under Pep. This year he will be judged on how Ibra and Chygo fare because those two were very much his signings.

Bojan was good enough in a team that was an utter train wreck and anybody performing with commitment stood out like a sore thumb. Since then he obviously hasn't shown enough in training to win minutes on the pitch.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
You both seem to forget his pre-injury form. He was playing quite well, and had he not been injured I could've seen him playing on the same level. He seemed to finally get into a sort of a flow.

Last edited:

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
K9 K9 K9:party00231: the next Romario

see wat rly annoys me is dat he never even got the chance and is being viewed as a flop?
I say this is a wasted year for him. fuck, if ur gonna loan "to get used to Europe", loan in Spain ffs. this is the logic that he could play in Bundesliga and come to Barca next year -.^ and Benfica don't even play him..
to make matters worse, I don't even think he will come here next year.. but be loaned another year.. :s

Beast

The Observer
True it was wrong to loan him to another country so early but i think they considered he will get experience in Europe and playing for a competitive team like Benfica will benefit him instead of teams happy to get a point so there is 2 sides of the story but as much as u take blame for not even giving him one match to judge his talents he takes the blame for not showing up for his team (either that or your South American scout screwed u up once again with the new Sexy Lopez )

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
This is our screw up (read: Txiki's screw up) because if we want to send a player on loan for him to gain experience it stands to reason that FCB discuss this with the club he's going to and insert a clause giving the club the right to terminate the loan arrangement if he doesn't make x amount of appearances. This is yet another monumental error from the Master of Disaster, Txiki Bergiristain. Thank feck he's gone at the end of the season. (By the way he's a seriously nice guy but he just sucks at his job)

Last edited:
Bojan will never be an out and out striker, i think we should start making him get used to be a wing forward, Pedro is better as an out and out striker than Bojan i think.

beef-supreme

He was more then good enough under Frank or any of the Spanish under age teams , Pep isn't faultless see plenty of players u bought which when they bust u all point towards Txiki and just relate the good ones to Pep, Eto'o anyone ?

As Meta said he needs minutes , Pep kept him on the bench for the majority of the first half of last season he lost form

Ka-ching! Bojan didn't grow up in the youth teams under Pep, unlike Pedro and Jeff, so in a sense it's not surprising that he gives them preferential treatment. Pep is an amazing coach and he can easily turn out to be the best in the world, however even the best can have their faults. It might be a simple case of Pep wanting to express his pride at the players he's developed rather than someone who just came up before him. Bojan was very important under Frank, he played very well, and I am sure that he could reproduce that sort of form if he had the time and confidence.
Pep is not the only one to blame though, because Bojan seems like a shy and nervous player - which means that any small act on the part of Pep can trigger a lack of confidence. So it's a two-way thing I'd say.

Bojan will never be an out and out striker, i think we should start making him get used to be a wing forward, Pedro is better as an out and out striker than Bojan i think.

Bojan will become an Agüero-type striker, if he is given time to develop. If he is able to get back to the value he had under Frank, then he will develop and become better than Agüero though. Playing Bojan as a wing-forward is a good choice now because he lacks strength and that killer touch. But it is not the right thing to do who has clearly shown through 70% of his career that he's a predator.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I think he didn't get a lot of games (although he played more than 1500 minutes) because the trident was basically rocking the football planet and Pep wanted to protect from the feared second confirmation year for a youth discovery. (I hope Busquets keeps on confirming, for instance, but he looks physically firmly better than Bojan)

He needs to do something about his mass, it has been said several times here. It was also said that we should get a striker that would be hitting the road in two or three years, when Bojan should be top (which would be in his 21-22). I still don't see any problem.

I'm more worried about Jeffren. He has something but doesn't show it or just shows it not too frequently. Like his assist yesterday or his goals in pre-season. It's there but doesn't show (enough).

beef-supreme

That's right Gneg, but aside from the Copa, Bojan actually played more minutes as a substitute than as a starter, which can be said for only Jeffren I think. Cause Pedro and Victor Sanchez started most of the games they played (though they were quite rare) and were rarely used as subs like Bojan was - Bojan probably came on in the 70th or 80th minutes every week... That won't help imo.
As for Jeffren, well it was unfortunate that he was played as an RB last nght, but I know what you mean about him not always showing his full talents. But then Pedro wasn't in his semi-breakthrough season (if we consider this to be his breakthrough season), and since Jeffren is a bit younger, perhaps we can give him a year more.

zanela

I'm more worried about Jeffren. He has something but doesn't show it or just shows it not too frequently. Like his assist yesterday or his goals in pre-season. It's there but doesn't show (enough).

Agree

Those who watched him against Fiorentina in the 2008 Pre-season 'll know the boy definitely has talent.

veryfatchocobo

True it was wrong to loan him to another country so early but i think they considered he will get experience in Europe and playing for a competitive team like Benfica will benefit him instead of teams happy to get a point so there is 2 sides of the story but as much as u take blame for not even giving him one match to judge his talents he takes the blame for not showing up for his team (either that or your South American scout screwed u up once again with the new Sexy Lopez )

Contradiction much (referring to your counter-post in another thread)...... Anyway, you're right about K9.

I think Jeffren's problem is his mentality really.... He kept sulking in the pre-season. It's good to know that Pep trusts him, though.

Home of Barca Fans