Bojan Krkic

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I really hope he proves me wrong but I'm becoming more and more convinced that Bojan isn't going to make it at Barça.

Beast

The Observer
i remember sunny saying Bojan is the real deal and discarding everyone else in your youth system

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I really hope he proves me wrong but I'm becoming more and more convinced that Bojan isn't going to make it at Barça.

I would say it is too early to say. The kid has just got back from an injury and played for 90mins for the first time in ages. I'd still give him next season and he won't cut it, then it'll be clear that he just hasn't got it.

C

ChuckaOwns

He started the season really brightly and we were all really pleased with his preformances, he's just come back from injury, we should give him time.

iced1776

For somebody who supposedly scored a billion goals in the youth system, he's so nervous whenever he gets a chance. The one at the end of the game tonight was a perfect example, there was literally an open net and he took 3 touches hesitating.

FlyLo

He's 18. Nobody heard of Busquets when he got dropped in the first squad at 21 (22?). Give him time...

Beast

The Observer
Youth goals means nothing , his confidence was affected after last year lack of trust from Pep ..

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

I've been concerned since last season, he's still very young, this team needs to have patience as we have been very lucky with players contributing before they even turn 20 but I'm not sure if Bojan will develop like this. We shouldn't have promoted him to the first team so early.

I'm not ready to write him off as the Barca version of Portillo but he needs to do better against Segunda B defenses..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
when he starts, he generally scores.

coming off an injury and playing in front of a less than creative midfield it doesn't surprise me that he struggled.

he is one we need to give time. he needs to physically get stronger, but also to mentally mature. how many strikers are truly deadly at 19? VERY few. most of the time when a player is that age they are inconsistent, which is what bojan is.

you can only write a player off once they hit 22/23 and are still putting in these kinds of performances. that's the age a player booms and comes of age, generally (witness CR, iniesta, even pedro).

Aasim

Bumbleman
when he starts, he generally scores.

coming off an injury and playing in front of a less than creative midfield it doesn't surprise me that he struggled.

he is one we need to give time. he needs to physically get stronger, but also to mentally mature. how many strikers are truly deadly at 19? VERY few. most of the time when a player is that age they are inconsistent, which is what bojan is.

you can only write a player off once they hit 22/23 and are still putting in these kinds of performances. that's the age a player booms and comes of age, generally (witness CR, iniesta, even pedro).

Agreed. Its too early to judge. The good thing is that he is getting into these one on one positions often. All he needs is confidence to place them in the net.

If he wasn't getting into goal scoring positions, then i'd be worried.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wing-forward is a position for him. Someone said it right; if Henry adapted there at 30 so can Bojan at 19.

Beast

The Observer
If Bojan were good enough Pep would give him more minutes, everything Pep's done so far has shown this to be the way he works.

He was more then good enough under Frank or any of the Spanish under age teams , Pep isn't faultless see plenty of players u bought which when they bust u all point towards Txiki and just relate the good ones to Pep, Eto'o anyone ?

As Meta said he needs minutes , Pep kept him on the bench for the majority of the first half of last season he lost form

Home of Barca Fans