Cesc Fàbregas

spark

Iniesta and Xavi were poor too. Cesc gets most hate is because he hasnt performed in a single big match, cost 40m and was an emotional transfer , upset the balance of the team earlier(Iniesta LW and contiuing to play him as false 9 instead of trying Sanchez.Tito being partner in crime) and stopped us from getting ozil. Iniesta and Xavi being poor is no excuse for Cesc. Two wrongs dont make a right. Its time for him to step up especially when others are not performing. Sadly i dont ever see us changing our style to get the best out of him.

He actually cost 29 +variables. Paid 5 out of his contract just like Mascherano. Pep is the one that stopped the Ozil transfer saying Thiago was better.

M

mitkoa7x

Pep is the one that stopped the Ozil transfer saying Thiago was better.

Thiago IS better

cFqdfS.gif

hellsangel1

Ozil wouldn't have changed a whole much but would've still been a better option than Cesc. Anyways, Cesc isn't the reason why we lost. As I've said before, I don't base my opinions on 1 or 2 matches. This team has got problems all over the pitch. Outside of Messi, we don't have anybody in the frontline that can get past people or indivdually create a goal-scoring chance for themselves. Pedro and Villa can still finish but they need others to create FOR them and when Messi isn't there who drives and makes run and demands double and triple teams, the others in the front-line just can't exploit space. Villa's movement and dribbling has diminished considerably as he is in his 30's now and has had a serious injury. To me it shows how great Messi has been the last 2 seasons in which his individual brilliance has really camouflaged the weaknesses in the frontline. I've been calling for more height and physicality in this team particularly in the defense so we don't get bullied around by teams like Madrid or Bayern. However, the biggest problem for me has been the decline of Xavi and he is as important to this team as Messi is IMO. I could go on and on...........

Ketoth

Cesc is an amazing player. I feel he is the best midfielder in the world.
His chance creation is second to none, he can create space with his mind! He is a proven goalscorer, he helped Spain win the last 3 tournaments. I think Cesc is one of the best midfielders of all time. When Cesc retires he will be up there with the likes of Cruyff, Zidane, Platini etc.

BarcaGirl

Cesc is an amazing player. I feel he is the best midfielder in the world.
His chance creation is second to none, he can create space with his mind! He is a proven goalscorer, he helped Spain win the last 3 tournaments. I think Cesc is one of the best midfielders of all time. When Cesc retires he will be up there with the likes of Cruyff, Zidane, Platini etc.

this whole post is just :rofl1: especially the last part

shockey80

but he doesnt fit in our style. send him back to arsenal

He will fit the style when he is one of the 3 CM's...he will never be able to show his true self if he is on the pitch against good teams with 3 other CM's. Ultimately, he will have to wait until Xavi can no longer be Xavi and then we might see him play at his best level consistently.
Unfortunately for Cesc, Thiago is thinking the same thing.

DavidVillano1

I don't dislike Cesc or have an agenda against him because I'm not a Barcelona fan, however I said years back even before he was signed(reported that Barcelona were interested in him) it would be a massive mistake. Don't think anybody can really dispute that at the moment he's not been a success by a long shot.

Not only is he hurting the development of a more talented player in Thiago, trying to integrate him into Barcelona has caused you's problems the last two seasons. Okay you's will win the league this season, but I think you've been helped by Madrid at the start of the season and the ability to gather points late on earlier in the season.

Have no doubt the Cesc fans will come back and use stats as a reason for him having performed well, but are they really naive to use such things? His stats have been increased massively due to two games against poor teams in Deportivo and Mallorca. Cesc has not done enough to justify his price tag and the continued favoured treatment he received from both Pep and Tito.

This point that once he plays in midfield he will improve, doesn't wash with me, he's played poorly in that position many times. His best position is an attack midfield role with freedom to do what he wants, like at Arsenal, he will never get that at Barcelona because Messi plays in the space that Cesc used to have a free role in. His short passing, discipline and his style does not suit the Barcelona style and it's very evident, IMO.

Barcelona should cut their losses and sell him, you could still receive a fee of over £20 million easily, because frankly I can't see him being a success for you's. Same with Sanchez.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans