Cesc Fàbregas

0n0mat0p0eia

Fabregas would play at his best if he was played in his best position. He was brought in to take over from Xavi, but he's not a Xavi-like player. Messi plays in Fabregas' best position, IMO.

This restricts his playing time or forces the management to shoe-horn him into a position he isn't suited to.

Alissa

I feel sorry for him, he's simply not good enough for this team. I hope for his career's sake that he'll choose to go somewhere else (Juve sounds good for me), pretty sure it won't happen though!

F

Flavia

He was booed last night. MD has some pieces on him, in one he says he's the only one who knows about his future. His coming to Barça coincided with the decline, but it wasn't his fault. But his inconsistence is what is making things harder for him. Don't know if the cause is tactics, positioning, or just his mentality. His second half of the season is again not good as the 1st, I wonder what's up with that.

Garrus

It's not fair to boo him in his performance as a false 9, It's not his natural position, And what makes it worse, He's playing in messi's position, And ends up looking even more bad.

F

Flavia

It's not fair to boo him in his performance as a false 9, It's not his natural position, And what makes it worse, He's playing in messi's position, And ends up looking even more bad.

I think the boos came later on, when he was back in midfield. People complained he wasn't running enough, or "feeling the colors". He is the current scapegoat, but Barça played as bad, or worse, without him as well. He's not the real problem. Having no one to pass the ball to doesn't help him.

DucdeOrléans

The one to blame for that is Tito who insists on playing him as a false 9 or in the "attack" which is quite frankly something that might work against useless teams like Mallorca but not against the best teams in Europe.

He should be used in the midfield where he belongs. Especially in a 4-3-3 system. His talents are wasted otherwise.

XaviMessiGirl

I never understand booing your own player anyway no matter how bad they played, it doesn't make the situation better. If anything hearing that the fans have no faith in him would have an even more negative effect, unless he has a really thick skin and can use it to fire himself up and prove everyone wrong (and Cesc doesn't seem this type of person). I am all for the fans being more vocal since the club DOES have problems (that aren't just limited to Cesc) but it's mgmt that should be hearing it, not an individual player, who has nothing to do with mgmt or tactical decisions, as long as they still have a contract at Barca.

F

Flavia

I never understand booing your own player anyway no matter how bad they played, it doesn't make the situation better. If anything hearing that the fans have no faith in him would have an even more negative effect, unless he has a really thick skin and can use it to fire himself up and prove everyone wrong (and Cesc doesn't seem this type of person). I am all for the fans being more vocal since the club DOES have problems (that aren't just limited to Cesc) but it's mgmt that should be hearing it, not an individual player, who has nothing to do with mgmt or tactical decisions, as long as they still have a contract at Barca.

I agree.

From md:
Anoche, tras el 0-1, al final de una pesada digestión, el Camp Nou silbó a Cesc, le retiró el crédito y le señaló como uno de los responsables de este descenso evidente del Barça, antes finalista de la Champions y ahora barrido en las semifinales.
Md saying the camp nou blamed Cesc for the decline, when the problem is so much bigger than one player. Put gundogan or any other flavor of the week, and I doubt they'd make much difference.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Cesc needs players giving runs for him to send his passes. Its a shame that we have no forward
I been saying that for ages now, and I'll say it until I am blue in the face, if we have a target man making runs, Cesc will pick him out 9 times out of 10 cause Cesc has one of the best defence splitting passes or through ball in the world.

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

I feel sorry for him, he's simply not good enough for this team. I hope for his career's sake that he'll choose to go somewhere else (Juve sounds good for me), pretty sure it won't happen though!

Fabregas on his game could play for any team in the world, if he was played in his best role - AM.

He is not a central midfielder, nor is he a striker (false 9)

Couldn't agree more. He was bought without us having a need for him, or a position for him to play in. He doesn't have as much time in his position because the best player that's ever played the game plays there.

frostdude1

This is going to be hard for some people to accept but I hope the new coach next year makes Cesc a starter over Xavi. Build this team around Cesc and Messi. They are still in their primes!!
Our stubborn approach is what led us to this moment. Teams have to evolve.

ryaninho

This is going to be hard for some people to accept but I hope the new coach next year makes Cesc a starter over Xavi. Build this team around Cesc and Messi. They are still in their primes!!
Our stubborn approach is what led us to this moment. Teams have to evolve.

I would like to see that but some fans do not like change. Unlike most fans I'm a barca fan not a fan of certain players. I have seen players like, rivaldo, ronaldo, figo, deco, ronaldinho, pep etc play i hold no player to my haert like some fanboys

fcbdna

Banned
1) This is just a joke how can you say he has done nothing for the team look at his goals and assist.

2) Thats just stupid to blame our decline on cesc coming to the team and not down to the way we have been playing, Everyone has found us out and it does not help that all we do is pass pass pass or get the ball to messi. Tell me how is this cesc fualt we have no plan B. He is not a GK, or CB, fullback or a striker. last time i checked he has scored more goals than villa, alexis and pedro

3) Management messed up with MVP if you have not notice pedro does not want to shot for goal, but looks for a pass. And villa was frozen out by management not cesc

4) Yesterdays game name me one CM that tracked back or was out the races. If he was the only one that was thats was at fualt for this then you both have a point otherwise its scapegoating

5) Do want him to be happy when we are losing. Even at Arsenal he did not play smiling, could it just be he is a methodical type of person and not like pique talk crap and play bad

6) At least Arsenal beat bayern and scored 3 goals more than what we did in 180mins against them:pep:

Did you even watch the game Yesterday? Pedro was the only one who took a shot on goal. Your Cesc was only jugging around doing nothing and looking moody as always.

Yes, Arsenal beat Bayern but that was a consolation nothing more. . . We have a history of winning (trophies) and don't like bragging about winning consolation matches. Anyway, I can understand your point of view as we all can't be perfectionists.

BTW, Why not make a Youtube video where you cry telling us to "leave Cesc alone"? :mou:

fcbdna

Banned

True but have you ever lost substantial money betting on a football match? Especially when its obvious one of the players isn't giving his all?

Home of Barca Fans