Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What about a double pivo of song and busquets with cesc just in front? Gets the best of all involved and gives Xavi a rest

Arachnid

What about a double pivo of song and busquets with cesc just in front? Gets the best of all involved and gives Xavi a rest

Not really. Even if we were to start using a double pivot, which we aren't, you would have two playmakers stepping on each other's toes.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
How exactly? The whole point is cesc is the only playmaker, which is when he plays best.

Also this isn't the main formation but a hance to I've Xavi a rest. When Xavi retires we may even switch to this but there a very small chance of that. It's kinda like peps 3-4-3 in that it's used as a change up to keep players on their toes and allow some older players a rest (Xavi), it's not the main formation of the team

Last edited:

loozy

You do realize that Barcelona won the league comfortably because of the incredible lead that they had in the first half of the season, right ?

I think that is generally realized; the frustration with Cesc however lies in the fact that he cannot conserve his form into the second half of the season and tends to disappear then.

That being said: I am a fan of his and am positive that he will continue to settle into the system and flourish once his ideal position has been found.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think that the young Oliver Torres is better than him.

Yes & no, for me...Lofty praise obviously but I think Torres is a star about to break out...Not sure if he has the vision from deep that Cesc has but otherwise I like everything else about his game...He absolutely can dictate the tempo of a match, already...Hope Simeone can keep a hold of the kid because everyone will want him

Galning

So so poor holy shite. I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for Thiago sitting on the bench 90 minutes, once again, for this guy.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 19 min
Cesc: "I felt good this season, although I wasn't at my best after Milan. Sure there are better players than me, but no one is as demanding"

Cesc: "I couldn't have returned home at a better moment. Winning the Liga is a dream for me. I hope many more things will follow."

Vapor

Yes, Fabregas has been pretty bad (by his own standards) for quite some time now. But let's not lose perspective now. Cesc showed some EXCELLENT form early this season. He was continuously our 2nd-3rd best player/attacker. He had the 2nd most goals next to Messi and the most assists in Europe at the start of the season.

Why did he fall off in the second half again? Who knows... only Cesc knows. But he is smart and honest and admits that he has not been at his best.

Once he starts to grow more comfortable in the team and plays in his more natural positions... he will start to maintain his best form more often and really start to bloom. Imagine if Cesc had stayed at the state he was at earlier at times earlier in the season for the entire season?? He was straight up phenomenal in certain games.

He's been bad but I'm not trippin... badass Cesc is in there and Badass Cesc will be back soon enough.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans