Cesc Fàbregas

Stric

If I was Thiago, I would be extremely mad to see this guy take my minutes.

"This guy" is a multiple EC and WC winner, and at age 26 already has already had a career that Thiago can still only dream about. And he came to the club at a huge price. It's absolutely logical and justified that he gets chosen over Thiago most of the time. This is in general. I'll admit, he's been in bad form recently, and that's the only reason why it would be unfair for him to play ahead of Thiago, but Thiago hasn't been the most brilliant player on Earth in what minutes he's played this season, either. I'll agree, though, that in the current situation, primarily with regard to the Liga title secured (and also with Fabregas' recent bad form) Thiago (and other younger players) should get as many minutes as possible. But in general, I can see why Fabregas will have the advantage.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
@barcastuff 19 min
Cesc: "I felt good this season, although I wasn't at my best after Milan. Sure there are better players than me, but no one is as demanding"

Cesc: "I couldn't have returned home at a better moment. Winning the Liga is a dream for me. I hope many more things will follow."
Sounds like he staying then. Better pull his socks up and gives us a season of performances and not just for the first half, otherwise I'll be the first to say send him back to Arsenal.

sabby

"This guy" is a multiple EC and WC winner, and at age 26 already has already had a career that Thiago can still only dream about. And he came to the club at a huge price. It's absolutely logical and justified that he gets chosen over Thiago most of the time. This is in general. I'll admit, he's been in bad form recently, and that's the only reason why it would be unfair for him to play ahead of Thiago, but Thiago hasn't been the most brilliant player on Earth in what minutes he's played this season, either. I'll agree, though, that in the current situation, primarily with regard to the Liga title secured (and also with Fabregas' recent bad form) Thiago (and other younger players) should get as many minutes as possible. But in general, I can see why Fabregas will have the advantage.

Wow ! Such dual standard ! You defends Cesc in poor form but criticize Sanchez even when he's good :facepalm:

Arachnid

Honest to god, I thought he was excellent against Atlético. Yeah, he wasn't attacking, but he and Iniesta did manage to keep possession away from Atlético, rendering them toothless even with 10 men against 11 and a 3-man defence.

A hard working, functional performance that gave us the three points. And let's not forget his assist.

Seriously people, there's more to football than whatever happens in front of the goal.

spark

Honest to god, I thought he was excellent against Atlético. Yeah, he wasn't attacking, but he and Iniesta did manage to keep possession away from Atlético, rendering them toothless even with 10 men against 11 and a 3-man defence.

A hard working, functional performance that gave us the three points. And let's not forget his assist.

Seriously people, there's more to football than whatever happens in front of the goal.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/63...n-La-Liga-2012-2013-Atletico-Madrid-Barcelona

Well The stats support your assessment.

Last edited:

BarcaJack

I can see Cesc working hard on the pitch. Sorry that we have seen Xavi - the man who can boss the midfield simply by passing, and when we can no longer do that, we criticize his successor.

kollegah

I can see Cesc working hard on the pitch. Sorry that we have seen Xavi - the man who can boss the midfield simply by passing, and when we can no longer do that, we criticize his successor.

cesc is nowhere to be xavis successor, he looks lost on the field, no dynamic, no esprit, nothing, just his name on the back, which implies hes a good player

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Cesc is not a midfield controller, he is an attacking midfielder who is direct and splits defences with passes, picks out target men with long range passes and get into penalty area himself and scores.

Pepe Silvia

Cesc is not a midfield controller, he is an attacking midfielder who is direct and splits defences with passes, picks out target men with long range passes and get into penalty area himself and scores.
Nope. Cesc is a central midfielder first and foremost. With Arsenal that was his bread and butter, laying deep in midfield and splitting the area when with precise passes. He was able to attack, but that isn't what he was known for. What people don't understand that is he is a humble and mild-mannered guy, and to boldly step into Xavi's zone is something he never did out of respect for Xavi's throne. When Xavi hangs up his boots and gives up the majority of his minutes, Cesc will step up and dominate the central midfield like he did at Arsenal. His personality won't allow him to control things with Xavi still doing it. Just you watch though, his quality will come pouring out like rivers once Xavi decides to relax. Another thing, his lack of identity at Barcelona can best be explained with what I have written above.

Home of Barca Fans