Cesc Fàbregas

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Comments coming from people who lack sense of Barca..
The XI proposed is naive at least to say.. A barca without Xavi-Iniesta-Sergio? Ok.. sure..
Plus, that Cesc cannot defend even in his faintest dreams and fantasies.. Idk if he is a deep-lying playmaker, but you forgot that barca doesnt play this deep-lying thing with balls over the top.. This can happen,but sparsely.. Usually barca needs to open up a compact mass defense..
Cesc is a disaster, in every central position in our system. He is not agile, has only vertical movement, cannot dribble, cannot hold the ball for long time, cannot dictate the tempo anyhow..
It is not that Xavi likes slow tempo (what a silly comment), it is the style of barca for many years.. Tiki-taka is quick in passes, slow in the process of moving forward.. At least get some tapes and watch barca 08-2012.. Dont write whatever pops first into your head..

Bojan is right. The guy does not fit. Its pretty obvious.. He can only fit upfront as an exra man, nexti to messi. He cannot play alone upfront as we have seen. He need a magestrous messi next to him to perform.. And all these versus minor opponents as you lose one player from another area in the field..
I would say sell this summer or giv him an ultimate last, last chance and sell summer 2014..
Bad signing from the beggining. We should never sihn again someone that is home boy and wants just to return home. Tactics-wise it wa obvious from the beggining that he is useless in our classic 4-3-3 and that the whole team needs to reshuffle to fit him.. No, Thanks!!

25012-bepXTgif-y07u.gif

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What about double pivot with cesc as number 10 Xavi and Sergio as the two deep lying midfielders. Sergio breaks up play, Xavi controls tempo, cesc finds space and creates in final third, exchanging positions with messi the wings go to Neymar, Sanchez, iniesta, Pedro

Solves many of our problems offensively and defensively

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What about double pivot with cesc as number 10 Xavi and Sergio as the two deep lying midfielders. Sergio breaks up play, Xavi controls tempo, cesc finds space and creates in final third, exchanging positions with messi the wings go to Neymar, Sanchez, iniesta, Pedro

Solves many of our problems offensively and defensively

I think it's obvious by now that in order to fit Cesc, some pieces of the system must be shuffled as Cesc problems are not a matter of talent, that much is clear...

The thing is that there is no plan for Cesc here at Barca... He was supposed to be moulded into a Barca midfielder, he was supposed to be guided, nurtured and polished as our next midfield commander, but that never happened... The mid-range expectations we had of him have been vanished by poor management decisions which resulted in his lack of commitment...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why can't we play doule pivot? Works for Spain and the philosophy is still tiki Taka. It just suits the players better

F

Flavia

Why can't we play doule pivot? Works for Spain and the philosophy is still tiki Taka. It just suits the players better

Double pivot with song-busi or busi-xavi? Either way, it's one less spot for Cesc, as Iniesta won't be benched. I doubt Neymar will be benched for Iniesta to play lw too.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Busi Xavi with song as a shut up shop backup.

Iniesta plays right wing, Pedro his backup. Neymar and Sanchez left wing

F

Flavia

Busi Xavi with song as a shut up shop backup.

Iniesta plays right wing, Pedro his backup. Neymar and Sanchez left wing

I can't see Iniesta playing on the right. Neymar would do better as rw, but still a downgrade, just to fit Cesc.

JamDav1982

Never really seen Iniesta on the right but I am sure I can remember one game.. maybe Peps second season.. where Messi was injured and Iniesta played there and was brilliant, scoring twice.

At least that is how I remember it!

Stric

Iniesta also played on the right for the Spain NT. I could actually see Neymar-Messi-Iniesta working, as we don't really rely on Iniesta to score, but rather to create opportunities and dribble through the defense, which is equally possible (if not more) on the right.

psychotsek

The team needs to be rebuild around him if we're want to see his true potential.With Tito on the bench this seems rather unlikely.If the ManU rumours are indeed true then its time for him to move on.

Galning

The team needs to be rebuild around him if we're want to see his true potential.With Tito on the bench this seems rather unlikely.If the ManU rumours are indeed true then its time for him to move on.

With Tito on the bench? :lol: you mean with Messi on the pitch. Why on earth would we want to build a team around Fàbregas when you have Messi?

psychotsek

With Tito on the bench? :lol: you mean with Messi on the pitch. Why on earth would we want to build a team around Fàbregas when you have Messi?

Maybe you didn't get me.Our team is built around Messi and as long as he is fit will play around him.He is the best player in the world period.
I'm just saying that if we want to see Cesc's true potential the team must be build around him (see Arsenal).
There could be a case where Cesc could fit better to the team but that requires huge managerial skills.. :tito:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

I'm actually laughing out loud. Build our team around who you said? Cesc, aka concrete-boot, aka I-sometimes-forget-how-to-play-football?
I seriously think he should leave, I mean it. He had an OK start to the season - even played good some games. But now that we have Neymar, Tello and Sanchez on form he should not come close to any of the forward spots - and he can't play in our midfield + he takes up Thiago's spot who is twice the midfielder Cesc is for our system. Cash in on him and buy Gundogan, unfortunately only wishful thinking.

USWAY

Argued against signing Cesc with ferocity two summers ago. Mostly because I thought it was an un-needed signing and it would interfere with the development of Thiago. In my opinion, I was wrong about it interfering with Thiago's development, that lies solely on Tito's reluctance to rotate, and either way he's developed quite well so far. I really never thought about how much he just wouldn't fit, and I'm not sure many others did either. I just figured he'd quickly remember everything he learned at the academy. But you can't all of a sudden learn how to dribble, or all of a sudden gain pace. Just isn't very technical, not suited for tiki-taka.

That 3-4-3 Pep used was genius(Wasn't it Tito's idea?), as he realized Cesc really doesn't fit anywhere in our 4-3-3. But, it wasn't feasible with our type/ level of defenders. I think Pep quickly realized that Cesc was a bad signing. I'm sure of it. Not saying that's why he left, but he's no fool.

For the life of me though, I just can't resign myself to selling him. It'll just look like such a failure because it was supposed to be the "fairy-tale" signing. I want him to all of sudden have the skill set to work here, but I know it won't happen.

In a perfect world, we managed to win the CL this year, and sold Cesc back to England for 30 mil (where he could play behind a striker), gave Thiago the 4, and splashed on CB and GK......in a perfect world.

psychotsek

I'm actually laughing out loud. Build our team around who you said? Cesc, aka concrete-boot, aka I-sometimes-forget-how-to-play-football?
I seriously think he should leave, I mean it. He had an OK start to the season - even played good some games. But now that we have Neymar, Tello and Sanchez on form he should not come close to any of the forward spots - and he can't play in our midfield + he takes up Thiago's spot who is twice the midfielder Cesc is for our system. Cash in on him and buy Gundogan, unfortunately only wishful thinking.

I fully agree with what you say as see you can see in my second post above.

Home of Barca Fans