Cesc Fàbregas

Zuess99

If Tito rotated, no one would be upset about playing time. I wouldn't sell neither of cesc and thiago, depth is needed. And I can't see cesc going to utd. If one of them go, I bet another md will be brought, and it could be a even worse fit than cesc.
That would be stupid of tito to buy another mid, cause the reason why thiago is leaving is cause we have too many midfielders.

F

Flavia

That would be stupid of tito to buy another mid, cause the reason why thiago is leaving is cause we have too many midfielders.
No, if he leaves is because he had little playing time. 2 players for a spot is not too many. I think it's the perfect amount.

B

Besiktas

If Tito rotated, no one would be upset about playing time. I wouldn't sell neither of cesc and thiago, depth is needed. And I can't see cesc going to utd. If one of them go, I bet another md will be brought, and it could be a even worse fit than cesc.

If it is Gundogan, it will not be a worse fit surely.

F

Flavia

Imo, Gundogan is just the flavour of the month. He could very well flop big time at Barça. No one was asking for him a year ago.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Imo, Gundogan is just the flavour of the month. He could very well flop big time at Barça. No one was asking for him a year ago.
Agreed.

Like I said, no one needs to come in and no needs to be sold with regards to our midfield.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People are so against changing formation. They don't realise it's this inflexibility that makes us so predictable and easily figured out in big games.

Remember el cantanero thiago played in the beloved 4-3-3 and we lost to real Madrid second eleven.

Cesc is a better player is used properly. Changing formation also makes us truly competitive again

Stric

Either way, those three players for those two spots is not enough. Especially if one of them is Xavi. Selling Cesc and buying another midfielder would be borderline retarded, considering: 1) the shit we went through to get him, 2) that he wasn't that unsuccessful here when you look at the big picture, quite the contrary, 3) that he's only been here for two seasons, neither of which he spent being a regular starter in his own position.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wonder what would happen if thiago was played out of position as a false nine. Nobody would say a word against him because they have an agenda against cesc from day one, thiago is their hero only as they hate cesc. They might say otherwise to seem respectable but I can see through it.

They forget cescs brilliant first half of the season when he played in his actual position. He turned it round against Sevilla and further created a gap early on between us and real. It spurred us forward to our greatest start ever, and real broke under pressure and imploded.

We would not have won the league in this manner without cesc. Thiago obviously looks good in comparison as cesc is out of position and thiago in his natural position. Cesc in midfield creates many assists and scores more goals.

F

Flavia

I wonder what would happen if thiago was played out of position as a false nine. Nobody would say a word against him because they have an agenda against cesc from day one, thiago is their hero only as they hate cesc. They might say otherwise to seem respectable but I can see through it.
Not true, he was heavily criticize when he played badly. But most don't want Thiago to go, I also don't. But I don't think Cesc is the reason he's unhappy with his minutes, that goes to Tito. A little bit more of rotation and everything would be fine.

Dan1983

A new coach would certainly play Cesc in his natural position, change things a bit cause we certainly need to change our style a bit, and actually rotate and give Thiago more minutes.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaCRLday--A

Here's an example of cesc in midfield. It was not even a good game by him but he contributed to the goals

Explain what's so terrible about him? In midfield he slots in well and brings new qualities. He's shit at false nine but I bet thiago would be bad if he played there too.

Cesc takes risk with he ball More often than our other mid

Dan1983

Any team would kill to have a player with 360 vision and the passing abilities of Fabregas and here on this board all we do is moan about him.

Home of Barca Fans