Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He doesn't play badly in midfield? Of course if you compare everyone to Xavi and iniesta you'll never be satisfied

DavidVillano1

Imo, Gundogan is just the flavour of the month. He could very well flop big time at Barça. No one was asking for him a year ago.
Gundogan is a class act and I've been saying this since 2011 and he's even got better since then. Yes he could flop, just like any player could flop.

However at the moment he would be a superb signing for any club, the talent and potential he has is very high and he's already a level above Thiago in the development stakes, but you don't hear people saying he could flop for Barcelona even-though he's played poor at times and looks sloppy in possession.

Last edited:

alex88bg

I dont know if it is possible but he needs to work on his pace and strength because they are terrible...Thiago looks feels 2x stronger in duels than him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Because Xavi has lightning pace and iniesta is so strong.

You don't need these qualities in a midfielder

Galning

Because Xavi has lightning pace and iniesta is so strong.

You don't need these qualities in a midfielder

You are the one saying he shouldn't be compared to Xavi & Iniesta and then you dis them. Please come back when Cesc has had a career as those two. If he even had half of the technique of Xavi or Iniesta we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The problem is when Cesc plays the Messi role he sucks monkeyballs. Mainly because his first touch is incredibly poor when surrounded by a lot of players and the fact that he's probably as fast as Piqué.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You dont get it mate. My point was you don't need pace or strength as a midfielder, neither xaviesta have it and they're doing fine. I'm not dissing xaviesta at all

Also it's not his fault he's being played messi position when he's clearly not suited there. That's titos fault. If cesc was played in midfield consistently he'd do a fine job and he did in first half of the season when he was played there. He even surpassed xaviesta assists and goals first half of the season. Hell never be xaviesta level but there few midfielders in history that could do that. Cesc is the next best option in world football.

That's like Xavi being played false nine and failing and then everyone demanding he be sold. Makes no sense whatsoever.

BerkeleyBernie

Gundogan is a class act and I've been saying this since 2011 and he's even got better since then. Yes he could flop, just like any player could flop.

However at the moment he would be a superb signing for any club, the talent and potential he has is very high and he's already a level above Thiago in the development stakes, but you don't hear people saying he could flop for Barcelona even-though he's played poor at times and looks sloppy in possession.

+1 I was impressed when I first saw him, not yet a regular starter for Dortmund. You could see immediately that he's one of those rare creative and technical midfielders who can marshal an attack, a la Pizarro, Sneijder, Xavi, Pirlo.

Again, not to say Barça needs him, but he'd fit right in.

kostasgtc

+1.sometimes in some ocassions we must accept that la masia dont have what the team exactly needs.

F

Flavia

You're the exception. Here, everytime I player stands out, a lot of people want him, as if he was the magical solution for all our problems.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You're the exception. Here, everytime I player stands out, a lot of people want him, as if he was the magical solution for all our problems.

And yet, everybody that know a little something something about football recognize a talent - and Gundogan is an not only a talent, but he reminds many of Xavi.

F

Flavia

And yet, everybody that know a little something something about football recognize a talent - and Gundogan is an not only a talent, but he reminds many of Xavi.

I never said he is or not a talent. Never got into that merit. And Barça cannot have all talents, neither all talents would play well here.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
gundogans a good talent but not above any other deep lying playmaker out there. certainly not the next xavi.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If Tito rotated, no one would be upset about playing time. I wouldn't sell neither of cesc and thiago, depth is needed. And I can't see cesc going to utd. If one of them go, I bet another md will be brought, and it could be a even worse fit than cesc.

This +1.

This is the reason why I drew up the whole formation in the first place. All of the other teams have multiple systems for different players so they can utilize them to their best abilities. Bayern did this this season, Mou is fantastic about having multiple looks to his team. Us on the other hand haven't had to do so bc we have been so dominant.

Rotation will be key for us next season if we want to win everything (keeping older players like Xavi and Puyol fresh, not letting Messi have his way all the time) and develop our youth so in order to keep us competitive on all fronts with younger and older players, we need to come up with ways to best fit our players at our disposal.

Moving Cesc back deeper in the midfield will improve his game bc its his natural position. Setting up the midfield around him similar to Arsenal isn't a bad thing at all and I don't see why it would interfere with Messi as a false 9. Cesc is just as much the future as Thiago and if we get both of these players in top form next season, I don't think anyone with Messi and Neymar up top could keep pace with our offense.

Innovation is the key to success, its what Pep did and before him Cryuff and Michels did. I am highly skeptical that Tito is in the same caliber and I agree with what Cryuff said about Tito resigning.

Home of Barca Fans