Cesc Fàbregas

hellsangel1

If Cesc is that unwlling to wait a couple more years being 3rd choice behind Xavi and Iniesta he needs to pack his bags and move back in with his MILF in London.

He wasn't brought in to wait a couple more years and start at 28 nor was he brought in to be a super-sub. It was just stupidity from Pep and Tito who didn't see that he didn't fit in the starting 11 and nor he is an adequate replacement for Xavi. It's not Cesc's fault that Barca haven't found a way to utilize him. I was never a fan of this signing but it's not Cesc's fault that this hasn't worked out as smoothly as some hoped. It's the Barca management's fault.

Birdy

Barcastuff: Vilanova has blocked every move to sell Cesc Fabregas (26). The club won't listen to offers. Cesc has no intention to leave either. [el9]

Pretty unwise from Tito.. Next summer he will cost less and maybe less teams will be interested..
Remember summer 2011 when Chelsea came for Villa offering something like 35m or so? We said no. I understand he had his best year in 2010-2011, but looking it now in retrospect what did Villa offer during 2011-2013? If you knew his trajectory would you be willing to sell or no? What amount are we going to receive now for him? 10m ?
Of course, you dont know when a player is going to get seriously injured, but if you look his first half season in 2011-2012 idt that the second half would be different anyhow.. He is constant decline since 2010 when he joined.. His best days where after the first one month of two, and then his graph declines steadily i should say..

One important ability is to know when to sell a player that our management lacks heavily..

IMO apart from Villa (gave what he could offer), also Mascherano (steady but also has a limit in what he can give to Barca, better options at CBs around) and Cesc (never fitted to our style) could be sold this summer for around 60m together and with that money buy strong first choice CB, 2 keepers and an rising player in CM XAvi's style, like Gundoghan..

Stric

Pretty unwise from Tito.. Next summer he will cost less and maybe less teams will be interested..

So? The club doesn't need/want to sell him anyway.

You make a good point regarding the ability to know when to sell a player, but Fabregas is not the right example to illustrate this. Alves, Mascherano... they maybe are.

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
Do people not understand that there's only one other club he'll go to and that that club already have a set buy back clause in case Barcelona want to sell..

akaranzo

Barcastuff: Vilanova has blocked every move to sell Cesc Fabregas (26). The club won't listen to offers. Cesc has no intention to leave either. [el9]

Remember summer 2011 when Chelsea came for Villa offering something like 35m or so? We said no. I understand he had his best year in 2010-2011, but looking it now in retrospect what did Villa offer during 2011-2013? If you knew his trajectory would you be willing to sell or no? What amount are we going to receive now for him? 10m ?
Of course, you dont know when a player is going to get seriously injured, but if you look his first half season in 2011-2012 idt that the second half would be different anyhow.. He is constant decline since 2010 when he joined.. His best days where after the first one month of two, and then his graph declines steadily i should say..

One important ability is to know when to sell a player that our management lacks heavily..

IMO apart from Villa (gave what he could offer), also Mascherano (steady but also has a limit in what he can give to Barca, better options at CBs around) and Cesc (never fitted to our style) could be sold this summer for around 60m together and with that money buy strong first choice CB, 2 keepers and an rising player in CM XAvi's style, like Gundoghan..

fucking hell, WE ARE NOT SELLING FABREGAS!!!! seriously, I can't understand why people hate him SO MUCH... he is a great player and getting better each year and I think he will be one of the most important players for Barca for many many years. Seriously if he gets sold I will lose so much respect towards Barca.

dmode

I don't understand the whole "doesn't fit into the system" discussion. If 30 goals and 30 assists in two season is "not fitting into the system", wonder how many goals and assists will he provide when he actually "fits" into the system. Btw, I believe Cesc is a very good fit for the system as he is able to play multiple roles (CM, AM, False 9) when needed and is perfect for rotation, high impact subs etc.

kollegah

I don't understand the whole "doesn't fit into the system" discussion. If 30 goals and 30 assists in two season is "not fitting into the system", wonder how many goals and assists will he provide when he actually "fits" into the system. Btw, I believe Cesc is a very good fit for the system as he is able to play multiple roles (CM, AM, False 9) when needed and is perfect for rotation, high impact subs etc.

hes our 2nd worst midfielder after Song (1.iniesta2.xavi.3.busquets.4.thiago) -> with leo dropping into amf, theres no place for cesc

Linux-Freak

hes our 2nd worst midfielder after Song (1.iniesta2.xavi.3.busquets.4.thiago) -> with leo dropping into amf, theres no place for cesc

How about not just thinking about now, but also about the season after next? Yes, Xavi is still great, but he's not getting any younger. We need Cesc sooner rather than later.

kollegah

How about not just thinking about now, but also about the season after next? Yes, Xavi is still great, but he's not getting any younger. We need Cesc sooner rather than later.

We should rather sell him now, because later the other other clubs will notice that he hasnt much to offer, instead buy gundogan, or some other decent midfielder

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No body is questioning his talent as a foot bller... He isn't here to score goals. So his stats do not help his case when his suitability in our system is in question

Home of Barca Fans