Cesc Fàbregas

Mr Hulot

Although it is not Cesc's fault that the management prefers him over Thiago, there is definitely an element of truth in saying that if Cesc wasn't a part of our team Thiago would play more minutes. I don't know how you can deny it. I hope that they both stay, but that Thiago will get the amount of minutes Cesc had this year and Cesc Thiago's.

Although it is not Cesc's fault that the management prefers him over Thiago, there is definitely an element of truth in saying that if Cesc wasn't a part of our team Thiago would play more minutes. I don't know how you can deny it. I hope that they both stay, but that Thiago will get the amount of minutes Cesc had this year and Cesc Thiago's.

We need the depth anyways, so we should keep both. 3 players for 2 positions is not enough. Like I said, we just need to rotate better.

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

We need the depth anyways, so we should keep both IMO. 3 players for 2 positions is not enough. Like I said, we just need to rotate better.

You keep saying that, but I don't think you know how exactly that would be possible. Last year there was better rotation because Pep was playing the 3-4-3 system. This year Tito kept playing Iniesta as LW and there was still no space for Thiago, because it was Cesc that played. Or do you think that Thiago would be happy if he played all the garbage games at the end of the season? Happy enough to turn down a place in Manchester United's starting 11? No way.

You keep saying that, but I don't think you know how exactly that would be possible. Last year there was better rotation because Pep was playing the 3-4-3 system. This year Tito kept playing Iniesta as LW and there was still no space for Thiago, because it was Cesc that played. Or do you think that Thiago would be happy if he played all the garbage games at the end of the season? Happy enough to turn down a place in Manchester United's starting 11? No way.

If we rotate better and use him more often, I think Thiago would be content, because he knows he'll replace Xavi in a few years time. The problem isn't that Thiago's not a starter or the fact that Cesc is there, the problem is Tito's shit rotation. Cesc doesn't hugely interfere with Thiago's playing time, or at least he wouldn't with better rotation. After all, Cesc can't play the Xavi role while Thiago can, and Xavi needs to be rested often due to his age and all. Just use Cesc as Iniesta's backup and Thiago as Xavi's backup, and they shouldn't interfere too much with each other's playing time. Again, we just need better rotation.

And again, 3 players for 2 positions is not enough, especially when (as Stric said) one of those 3 is 33 years old. We need the depth, so we need to keep both Cesc and Thiago. I can't believe people are seriously suggesting that we sell Cesc and use 3 players for 2 positions next season.

Last edited:

Stric

Only Valdes (31) started more games than Fabregas(30) in La Liga.

Wow! And to think that in August he was actually talking in the press about how he wanted more playing time. Turns out no outfield player started as many times as he did.

J

jiopi

He played too much first half of the season, that's why he looked like wandering zombie in the second half. Needs to rotate more next season.

BarcaJack

If we rotate better and use him more often, I think Thiago would be content, because he knows he'll replace Xavi in a few years time. The problem isn't that Thiago's not a starter or the fact that Cesc is there, the problem is Tito's shit rotation. Cesc doesn't hugely interfere with Thiago's playing time, or at least he wouldn't with better rotation. After all, Cesc can't play the Xavi role while Thiago can, and Xavi needs to be rested often due to his age and all. Just use Cesc as Iniesta's backup and Thiago as Xavi's backup, and they shouldn't interfere too much with each other's playing time. Again, we just need better rotation.

And again, 3 players for 2 positions is not enough, especially when (as Stric said) one of those 3 is 33 years old. We need the depth, so we need to keep both Cesc and Thiago. I can't believe people are seriously suggesting that we sell Cesc and use 3 players for 2 positions next season.
I think another issue that hurts the rotation is that Cesc and Thiago don't work. If Cesc, Thiago, Song can control the midfield and play a nice game then we have many more options.

Mr Hulot

Yeah we have tried it before and we didn't play well, but that does not mean that we cannot try it again. There are some really easy games in Camp Nou, especially if you have a fit Messi playing upfront. If Thiago stays I expect this to happen more often.

Stric

Great vision, yes, but primarily great decision making. Most players would not have done that.

Yup, such a perfect pass. Guess we might have to consider some tactical variations to accommodate cesc. Because spain today has xavi, iniesta and cesc and busi playing and its working. Makes you wonder

And Pedro!

Home of Barca Fans