Cesc Fàbregas

slvtn

instead buy gundogan

I don't understand that Gündogan hype. He is talented for sure and played one good season in a team that had three good years. There's no real need to sell or buy any midfielders right now. Cesc will be one of the key players, same goes for Thiago and as already stated: for playing different positions he did a good job. Cesc isn't the problem. I'm just getting the impression that it is necessary for many people on here that Barca wins all the important titles every year. We have had several problems this season. Everything is built around Messi and the team showed how important he is on the pitch. Also the lack in defense and no alternative plans.
I wonder why Gündogan is mentioned that often while Hummels was commented with things like he doesn't speak Spanish ( although he had Spanish in school and generally seems like a smart guy compared to other players) and therefore doesn't fit the team...
I don't wanna get on a personal level, but some of you need to realize that Barca is still a very very good team, but others got good, too. Not winning the CL and important matches in LaLiga and CdR is also a basis that might help the team to improve and little bit of competition might help, too.

kollegah

I don't understand that Gündogan hype. He is talented for sure and played one good season in a team that had three good years. There's no real need to sell or buy any midfielders right now. Cesc will be one of the key players, same goes for Thiago and as already stated: for playing different positions he did a good job. Cesc isn't the problem. I'm just getting the impression that it is necessary for many people on here that Barca wins all the important titles every year. We have had several problems this season. Everything is built around Messi and the team showed how important he is on the pitch. Also the lack in defense and no alternative plans.
I wonder why Gündogan is mentioned that often while Hummels was commented with things like he doesn't speak Spanish ( although he had Spanish in school and generally seems like a smart guy compared to other players) and therefore doesn't fit the team...
I don't wanna get on a personal level, but some of you need to realize that Barca is still a very very good team, but others got good, too. Not winning the CL and important matches in LaLiga and CdR is also a basis that might help the team to improve and little bit of competition might help, too.

cesc wont be a key player for barca, why do you think that he will? hes no leader, hes sleepy, slow, cant beat a stone in a 1on1, theres no reason he actually become a key player for barca. hes an average player with a big name plus he from la masia. skillwise there are at least 15 player, who are better in his position

MagicianMessi

cesc wont be a key player for barca, why do you think that he will? hes no leader, hes sleepy, slow, cant beat a stone in a 1on1, theres no reason he actually become a key player for barca. hes an average player with a big name plus he from la masia. skillwise there are at least 15 player, who are better in his position

You are right.He is just an average player and even I don't think so he is gonna make a big impact on team.But for the price we paid for him let's keep him for atleast two more season because he is that worse as Song atleast Cesc is a versatile player.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Average player? Have you guys not watched Fabregas at all?

When he plays well, he is easily one of the top ten AMs in the world, top five even. His vision is ridiculously good and he executes brilliant passes with a quite astonishing regularity. In addition, he's a quality finisher. Why you would think he is an average player is beyond me completely...

pawanme10

Average player? Have you guys not watched Fabregas at all?

When he plays well, he is easily one of the top ten AMs in the world, top five even. His vision is ridiculously good and he executes brilliant passes with a quite astonishing regularity. In addition, he's a quality finisher. Why you would think he is an average player is beyond me completely...

This is barcaforum.
We will hate Cesc and Alexis for no reason even if they perform well. :troll:

Barring that, I think he doesn't really deserve the amount of stick he gets.
The guy is inconsistent but for the first half of the season he was was on top of our assists chart even when the squad was being rotated on a weekly basis.
He also played some matches very well, but the problem is when he vanishes he vanishes like a hollow man, leaving without any trace in the game. That is why he gets so much stick.
Also, to his defense though I'd say in his time he always had a true number 9 to receive the ball, unlike at Barça where you manipulate space, you don't have a number 9. Once, you see Fabregas and Villa in a match you'll find a notable improvement in Cesc's game.

Barcafire

People have a grudge against Cesc because he left our youth system. It's understandable as its basic human reaction to rejection. Not many can see pass that for the benefits Cesc brings.

Some will claim its fine that he's back, but he's either damaged by years of Arsenal ways or just not as good as the hype.

Other reasons are: he doesn't fit into our system, he's taking up time that Thiago could be playing, or that he was just too expensive.

For those who love Cesc, know that none or these statements are true. We know it just comes down to good coaching. Pep managed Cesc's and Thaigo's time very well. He got Cesc and Messi playing flawless one-two's. Cesc has shown his worth in many occasions from both his clubs to country.

In the end, all this rises from unsettled minds with their own perception of each player or media trying to get readers.

The latest headlines read, "Barcelona vice-president admits Fabregas could leave", but in fact, all he said was, ""Cesc will only leave the club if he himself wants to move on," Bartomeu said when questioned about Fabregas' future.

This is true for all players in football. Players in the end are the only people that can force moves.

It's all drama. If you like Cesc like me, it's best not to get caught up in what others say or think. Forums are informative, fun, and great for fans to express their opinions, but they can equally cause mental stress and anger when we take opinions too close to heart.

oz187

Cesc was the best player in England when he was here. At Barca he's improved although he has a lesser role and more competition for a starting spot. He was an important part of winning the league title though, and likely will continue to do so. In that sense he is well worth the money spent on him. Whether he can help the team in Champions League remains to be seen.

Vapor

People have a grudge against Cesc because he left our youth system. It's understandable as its basic human reaction to rejection. Not many can see pass that for the benefits Cesc brings.

Some will claim its fine that he's back, but he's either damaged by years of Arsenal ways or just not as good as the hype.

Other reasons are: he doesn't fit into our system, he's taking up time that Thiago could be playing, or that he was just too expensive.

For those who love Cesc, know that none or these statements are true. We know it just comes down to good coaching. Pep managed Cesc's and Thaigo's time very well. He got Cesc and Messi playing flawless one-two's. Cesc has shown his worth in many occasions from both his clubs to country.

In the end, all this rises from unsettled minds with their own perception of each player or media trying to get readers.

The latest headlines read, "Barcelona vice-president admits Fabregas could leave", but in fact, all he said was, ""Cesc will only leave the club if he himself wants to move on," Bartomeu said when questioned about Fabregas' future.

This is true for all players in football. Players in the end are the only people that can force moves.

It's all drama. If you like Cesc like me, it's best not to get caught up in what others say or think. Forums are informative, fun, and great for fans to express their opinions, but they can equally cause mental stress and anger when we take opinions too close to heart.
A-MEN, brother, amen. Perfectly well said.

ceefoo

Influence Fabregas

Rating (whoscored) 7.43 - 7.45
MoM (whoscored) 4 - 4
Do you really mean to tell us that you believe Cesc has had a greater influence than Iniesta over the last two seasons?

And on the whoscored ratings, I have previously stated that they are calculated using a mathematical approach and do not take into account the players overall contribution/value to the team.

I am NOT a :cesc: hater neither.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

We keep Cesc, but in the process lose Thiago. Ok everyone happy now? Let that sink in. Think for a second. Cesc stays, Thiago leaves

Vapor

We keep Cesc, but in the process lose Thiago. Ok everyone happy now? Let that sink in. Think for a second. Cesc stays, Thiago leaves
Except that isn't how it is at all. As if Thiago leaving would be because of Cesc staying, like it's one or the other. You guys really think Thiago would leave just because he's not getting the same playing time he'd be getting if we had one less midfielder (missing Cesc Fabregas)?

If Thiago leaves we all know that would be a DAMN shame, but so would losing Cesc. At their best, both offer a TON of assets to this team, as has been proven many times. Cesc's vision and ability to play through balls is second-to-none when he's at his best; he can FINISH (much better than the rest of our central midfielders); he makes great runs and has a great instinct for a final ball. Sure, his tiki-taka isn't perhaps up to par with the godlike geniuses of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi, but they've had much more practice with tiki taka at the highest level, and when Cesc is on form he is by no means a slouch at it, just not as ridiculous as the masters.

Yes he has had some problems with consistency but he is still relatively young and only getting better, even when going through slumps. Thinking we need to ship him off for some spells of inconsistency is just shooting ourselves in the foot n my opinion. I am almost positive both he and Thiago will stay. Thiago should know that he could eventually be a future Xavi/Iniesta in his own right potentially, same with Cesc. They may not reach those exact heights, but they could one day be the absolute maestros of the midfield and produce brilliant football all the same. It's not a matter of one or the other, and if Thiago DOES leave, Cesc is in no way to blame.

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Do you really mean to tell us that you believe Cesc has had a greater influence than Iniesta over the last two seasons?

And on the whoscored ratings, I have previously stated that they are calculated using a mathematical approach and do not take into account the players overall contribution/value to the team.

I am NOT a :cesc: hater neither.
Like stated, by influence as directly (G+A) contributed points in La Liga. With this Fabregas has been about twice as influential.

BarcaVillain

Couldn't have said it better myself. He is the only goalscoring midfielder we have.

Home of Barca Fans