Cesc Fàbregas

Ketoth

Hitting the headlines. SO good. Amazing from Fabregas. Best midfielder in the world!!!!
BBC panel wanking over him at the moment.
COME HOME CESC!!!!!!!

Zebulun

Spain has a better coach :VdB:

How are they exactly on the pitch, I wasn't playing close attention to positioning.

On paper it was a 4-3-3 but looked more like a 4-5-1, with soldado up top iniesta left wing and pedro on the right wing. Cesc played as a left central midfielder. Iniesta and cesc constantly switched positions and were very dangerous. pedro was quick and very confident to beat his man. even though on paper he was right wing he also was constantly moving so no player was really wasted on the wing. Tito needs to watch this match and see if he can bring these things to us.

Jadentheman

On paper it was a 4-3-3 but looked more like a 4-5-1, with soldado up top iniesta left wing and pedro on the right wing. Cesc played as a left central midfielder. Iniesta and cesc constantly switched positions and were very dangerous. pedro was quick and very confident to beat his man. even though on paper he was right wing he also was constantly moving so no player was really wasted on the wing. Tito needs to watch this match and see if he can bring these things to us.

Are you thinking what I am thinking? 4-5-1 with Messi as the lone false 9 up top?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

leon

Are you thinking what I am thinking? 4-5-1 with Messi as the lone false 9 up top?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think both Messi and Cesc play best when they have a real 9 like Torres/Soldado upfront (no.10 position), but if it means to bring out the best of Cesc, maybe Messi playing Soldado's position today is not a bad idea, as Messi can be a god whichever position he plays. It seems to me though Barca had already played with that formation under Pep's in the earlier half of 2011-2012 before Cesc lost his form. So I think it's ideal to rotate between Messi -> Cesc, Ini, Xavi.. and a pure 9 (Torres) -> Messi, Ini, Xavi as the season would be long...

J

jiopi

I hope cesc finally understands the benefit of freshness, and accept less playing time and more rotating, the next first half of the season.

Home of Barca Fans